Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ramtech
Occasional Poster

June 2004
105's are better than sprinters Sat, 07 August 2004 12:42 Go to next message
i like alfa gtv 105's

they are a kick ass sexually attractive car. comapared to a toyota no matter what model

Send a private message to this user    
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 105's are better than sprinters Sat, 07 August 2004 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ramtech wrote on Sat, 07 August 2004 22:42

i like alfa gtv 105's

they are a kick ass sexually attractive car. comapared to a toyota no matter what model

what the fuck is it with all you idiot randoms lately that join and post bullshit..
Mad
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 105's are better than sprinters Sat, 07 August 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can i have some of what you have been smoking? Rolling Eyes
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Sat, 07 August 2004 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn I wish my Toyota rusted like an Alfa. Electrical fires is another thing I've been missing out on.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 105's are better than sprinters Sat, 07 August 2004 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wish things like nice brakes for my toyota were $6000 each too!
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Sat, 07 August 2004 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sexually attractive car... mate i hope u stay in tasmania and never spread that sickness to the mainland Laughing
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Sat, 07 August 2004 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when takumi changes his name to mario and starts drifting thru the italian alps then i might be convinced of your argument
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
honestly WHO CARES!!!!! i dont
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Sat, 07 August 2004 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is a guy down the road from me with several gtv's...they are all rusted.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Sat, 07 August 2004 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I pray to god you live NO WHERE near me Ram tech.
at 1st I thought u were a wanker but you have proved yourself as one.
I have an Italian friend who bought one of these because they are Italian . The gearboxes are weak as shit they may as well be made of paper. Don't get me started on trying to work on them it's not Worth the hastle of proving you wrong

[Updated on: Sat, 07 August 2004 18:46]

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 105's are better than sprinters Sat, 07 August 2004 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ramtech wrote on Sat, 07 August 2004 22:42

i like alfa gtv 105's

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/ is the place for you then.

Goodbye.
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: 105's are better than sprinters Sat, 07 August 2004 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
While Toyotas are good reliable,quick and easy to modify i would have to say that i have always had a soft spot for a 2lt 105 gtv or even better a post 86 2.5 gtv v6.
The reason the early alfas would rust is that when Fiat sold the Lada design to the Russians they got paid with steel to build the cars.Unfortunaty it was crap that would rust way to quickly.
Still most Alfas in Italy were probably written off before they got a chance to rust.
Jayem
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Sat, 07 August 2004 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

The reason the early alfas would rust is that when Fiat sold the Lada design to the Russians they got paid with steel to build the cars.Unfortunaty it was crap that would rust way to quickly.

Ladas dont rust!
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 105's are better than sprinters Sun, 08 August 2004 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well HELLO

How can you compare a early , and yes a classic for its time .
To a 80'S budget hatchback ? There not even close to the same intended market .

Well from have a long list of Alfa past and present i will say this about the 105 series , since there is more than one model in that group which i guess you are taking about , say a 1600'cc junior .

1. Which stupid idiot that design those cars decided to place the clutch and master cylinders under the floor of the car
2. Same as above , with the twin booster set up which 90% don't work , which doesn't matter due to the masters being rusted out every year under the floor . 105 sedans have bigger brakes than the faster coupes , figure that one out ? still to small .
3. Body , or lack of ? rust is small problem compared to the front rails becoming separated at the front tie panel if driven hard , quarter panel joints cracking at the rear as well .
Remember the mazda 1500 sedan , and lancia body design built by the Japanese . They never rusted and where solid as bricks .
4. Suspension , great design for its age . i am sure we have all see pictures of the inside rear wheels lifting in the air around good old amaroo park , to get the car to handle like any decent car , front roll centers need to be changed which isn't as easy as a RCA , rear torque rod has to be re-located completely , every joint replaced with rose joints etc . Then number 3 occurs .
5. Engine , yes great engine same as other Alfa designs solid bottom ends , every other component suffers from wear , and thats if the looked after if it ever runs correctly anyway due to carbys . But remember the race engines which one Alfa allot of races use Anglotto { cannot remember the spelling correctly } three piece heads and the 1300cc did 11.000rpm with a 16v head that out flows cosworth heads of today .
6. Gearbox , sweet box , perfectly weighted gear system , just buy another car if you need to fix it $$$$$$ dollars .
7. Electrical system , well its a Alfa , you dont even have to say , problems if everything worked on one day hell would freeze over !!!
8. interior , what interior ? don't touch a thing or it will brake off !!!!!
9. The worst problem is you cannot hear that great engine over those stupid front quarter windows , wind noise that makes driving a car mean for high speed cruising just so bloody painful . Not easy to fix too ,get some mechanical engineering student to re-design the door and window design with a wind tunnel and you would half way there .

Or if you wanted a classic you could buy what the Alfa alway raced against , A 1800 / 2000 , 1502 , 1602 , 2002 BMW which are still all going strong today .

Or get a 80's classic a AE86 sprinter or if you must have Alfa get a 33 1.7ie due to the designer being ex Porsche and all german electronics and galvernised bodys .

Ramtech , that 75 in your avatar . Remember how well they raced against the sierras ? they where so far behind the pace in the 80's . It wasn't till after they came over here and learnt from the Australia Italians hired to look after the cars for Bathurst . That when returning to Italy there pace got better , bummer there shit hot Italian super star driver crashed the car which Dominic Beninca had driven so much faster than him all weekend .

Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Sun, 08 August 2004 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha, Ramtech got owned. Laughing

as my dad always says, the Italians should stick to what they know, and thats building houses, and making big dollar supercars, everything else they should leave alone. Laughing

/end Italian bashing. Very Happy
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Sun, 08 August 2004 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am italian and who says that we only build houses and cars, my cousin is a podiatrist, my dad is a dentist, my two aunties are doctors and my brother is studying law, so WTF, dont generalise and use stereotypes, please.

Thats one cent...

As for you Ramtech well you are just a fucken idiot, my would you even say that, I am italian and i know that alfas are the biggest heaps of shit ever produced the best way to fix an alfa is to insure it for fire and theft then burn the fucker.

However it is quite obvious that you have just come on here to break balls and be a tool so just ignore him ppl and ignore everyone else that does this.

Thats one cent...
Ramtech
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Sun, 08 August 2004 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha
the reason alfas rust is not because of the steel. its because they were shipped here andn spent time on the warves exposed to the salt air.
Ramtech
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Sun, 08 August 2004 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you all took the bait. bye bye
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Sun, 08 August 2004 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you are such a retard... Freak
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Sun, 08 August 2004 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sprinter-Saurus wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 10:57

hahaha, Ramtech got owned. Laughing

as my dad always says, the Italians should stick to what they know, and thats building houses, and making big dollar supercars, everything else they should leave alone. Laughing

/end Italian bashing. Very Happy

What are you talking about? Even their big Supercars rust out. German cars are cheaper and, not only better, but actually good!

And MR 1GGTE, stop being so proud. Of course Italians can do more than just build houses... otherwise the whole of Italy would have at least starved to death by now. I'm pritty sure, judging by all the smiles in Sprinter-'s post, that he was joking.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Sun, 08 August 2004 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok ill stop but as for german supercars, pfft, no one can compete with all round points with the likes of ferrari and lambo and when they try to they are unreliable shit...

Porsches are nice but they are not even in the same league and when they build somehting that is they charge 1.3 million for it. i.e. carrera GT.

Argue those facts buddy...
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Sun, 08 August 2004 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ferraris still rust, and they are over priced in my view. To be honest I don't know much about Lamborgini's, 'cept that they are fast and very very expensive.

Besides, I'm likely to have $50,000 to spend on a car one day (second hand M3). I am however, NOT likely to have $200,000 (second hand Ferrari Spider).

And yes I am aware that Italian Super cars are realy good on the track. I'm talking more from a useability point of view.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Sun, 08 August 2004 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you dont buy a "supercar" for useability and the word supercar is bandied around too much on this thread, a supercar is not a 911 or an M3 they are a very good sports car but not a supercar, as far as i am conccernd a supercar starts at the $250K price mark and goes up from there.

BMW do not make a supercar.

Porsche Make Two supercars: 911GT2 and Carrera GT

All Ferraris (new) are supercars

All Lambos (all) are supercars
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Sun, 08 August 2004 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you saying a sprinter isn't a supercar??? Laughing
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Sun, 08 August 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 15:59

are you saying a sprinter isn't a supercar??? Laughing

SPPPPRRRRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNNNAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! POWER!!! Razz

Skein
Regular

November 2002

Re: 105's are better than sprinters Sun, 08 August 2004 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 13:54

ok ill stop but as for german supercars, pfft, no one can compete with all round points with the likes of ferrari and lambo and when they try to they are unreliable shit...
I'll take a McLaren F1 over all those cars any day Very Happy
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 105's are better than sprinters Sun, 08 August 2004 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE

Please remember that Lambo are owner by Audi and haven't made a good car before this {really shit cars before}. Has anyone got a spare reverse gear for a SV5000 ? since they blow if more than 2000rpm is used in reverse . The list of problems with "super car" Italian car , Yes cars like the F355 are amazing . But who can really afford a car which the clutch last 15-16000 klm on a F1 model , or less than 15000k's on a manual . Major services and cambelts require the whole engine and trans-axle subframe to be removed every three years or 40-60000k's depending on models . At lease the clutch is only a three hour job located at the rear of the trans-axle , the major service book time is 36hours Laughing . At least engines don't blow like the very taily F360 . And wheres Maserati ? you can find earlier models dumped at the side of the road in Italy , thankfully for them Ferrari own them since going down the toilet , and a American designs there cars now . Which are now designed , not just other Italian manufactures left over crap , with left over Ex BMW brakes . 3200gt twin turbo has a block dating back to 1960 engines .The engines has one cambelt for 32 valves . Cambelt has to be checked at the BIG { for Italian cars } 15000klm interval { and yes thats the first service }, if the timing is out which need to be checked with by measuring from the camshaft lobe due to poor head design and no timing marks . Well guess what you need a cambelt at 15000klm , a 30 hour job with all shimed valve clearances and you just got the car Laughing don't worry the head gaskets are not far behind so you just payed for a job that the ONE YEAR warranty will cover maybe . Thats if you are in a market which the car can be sold due to the piss poor emissions from the engine . Yes we where one of the first markets for the car since the ADR's are so far behind the rest of the world .

As for the Germans , well with the new M5 v10 and the M3csl what more do you need than very fast well built normal maintenance four seater . As for Porsche GT2 why would you buy a Ferrari unless you have a very large ego {or are mafia}, and its still usable as a daily driver car due to good ergonomics which Italians have never got right unless you are 4 foot high .

Thankfully Italian designs have changed automotive history . And the Germans to , but how did there all turn to when setting out there factory's and organizing there production lines ?

YES TOYOTA
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: 105's are better than sprinters Sun, 08 August 2004 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE: sorry to point you out, but one thing i hate about australia is how we are devided so much. You are australian (unless you are a international student etc) not greek/italian/jap what ever. Don't deny your background though, hell i have scottish background etc but do i go around calling myself scottish? NOPE, aussie!.

As for ramtech he's from tasmania, he can't help it!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Sun, 08 August 2004 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 18:47

As for ramtech he's from tasmania, he can't help it!

Good Call Laughing Laughing Laughing

As for the comments about supercars and unreliability well...

If you can afford to buy one then you can afford to fix one, and no a sprinter is not a supercar... Confused
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Mon, 09 August 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 11:57

I am italian and who says that we only build houses and cars, my cousin is a podiatrist, my dad is a dentist, my two aunties are doctors and my brother is studying law, so WTF, dont generalise and use stereotypes, please.

Thats one cent...

It's not that every Italian is a builder, as of course most have normal jobs etc. But every Italian man over the age of 40 SECRETLY WANTS to be a builder, and thus builds extensions and landscapes in australian marble (concrete) etc to fulfill that need. Laughing

/end common stereotype joke!
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Mon, 09 August 2004 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn

I thought the best way to fix an alfa was to buy a sprinter, but i have been proved wrong.

Didnt alfas come with rust as standard, or was that a secret option from the factory that they ALL came out with?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Mon, 09 August 2004 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy wrote on Mon, 09 August 2004 10:23

It's not that every Italian is a builder, as of course most have normal jobs etc. But every Italian man over the age of 40 SECRETLY WANTS to be a builder, and thus builds extensions and landscapes in australian marble (concrete) etc to fulfill that need. Laughing

/end common stereotype joke!

The funny thing is that is true, our house has had so many fucking renovations it not funny!
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 105's are better than sprinters Mon, 09 August 2004 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrij wrote on Mon, 09 August 2004 11:04

Damn

I thought the best way to fix an alfa was to buy a sprinter, but i have been proved wrong.

Didnt alfas come with rust as standard, or was that a secret option from the factory that they ALL came out with?

The problem of rust doesn't directly come from the russians out smarting the Italians and off loading crap to them . If you really look at the problem its a whole number of things .
1. Vehicle it the Southern plant { Thats eg Alfa Suds { sud meaning South } used to painted 500metres across the road where the finished frames where producted Rolling Eyes .

No this was not under cover , the finished bodys where produced and left outside on trolleys till there when pushed across the road . This occured all year , so you can imagine cars producted in summer where better than winter . But still build quality was rubbish ,i had a summer build alfa sud which had a small rust section when i had it . But one day before selling it i decided to get all the rust fixed and plastic side sill covers painted . So on removing the side covers , i found both side of the car the sill had been dented in { droped off the line / trolley } and just painted over .Because it was a Ti model they knew covers where going over it .

But worst is this is still continuing today , but what does your normal factory worked do in the south of Italy ? Friday night get your pay , jump on the ferry across to Spain , Party all the way . Party the whole weekend , sleep the sunday night on the way home , and return to work monday Laughing . Great fun , but you end up with a crap car at the end Sad .
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Mon, 09 August 2004 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What do you think holden workers do?

I know a few of the lads that work down there and i hear the same thing from all of them, the majority of people are high or drunk and they are supposed to be building cars that move this country forward...its not just alfa...
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Mon, 09 August 2004 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats a nice a donut Laughing Laughing
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Mon, 09 August 2004 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riceburna73 wrote on Mon, 09 August 2004 12:53

What??? Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 105's are better than sprinters Mon, 09 August 2004 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Mon, 09 August 2004 13:12

What do you think holden workers do?

I know a few of the lads that work down there and i hear the same thing from all of them, the majority of people are high or drunk and they are supposed to be building cars that move this country forward...its not just alfa...

Yes it is funny watching them running { the fastest they have moved all-day } to get out to the carpark before its a traffic jammed .
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Mon, 09 August 2004 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BWAHAHAHAHAHA
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Mon, 09 August 2004 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Mon, 09 August 2004 13:36

You should show more respect when addressing Don Homer.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Mon, 09 August 2004 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Mon, 09 August 2004 13:34

MR 1GGTE wrote on Mon, 09 August 2004 13:36

You should show more respect when addressing Don Homer.

I know understand, grazi don homer...
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Mon, 09 August 2004 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 12:27

Thats one cent...

haha dude i was just playing, settle!! Laughing anyhow, your cousin, dad, brother and your aunties are only a small percentage of Italian males that arent builders or constructors, im in the roofing industry, and trust me even you being Italian you wouldnt believe how many builders and constructors on sites are Italian lol. Very Happy not that theres anything wrong with that, they are good at it, and hell they make good money too, so good on em. and you cant tell me that youve never generalised or stereotyped anyone else, ever, can you?!?! Cool

anyway back to the topic, everyones knows that all the big Italian supercars are expensive to buy, expensive to maintain, plus yeh the build quality aint great, but isnt that why we all buy Toyotas, correct!! Very Happy Very Happy

oh yeh, a Sprinter is a supercar. Very Happy and mine doesnt have any rust, so get that up ya Andrijj!! Twisted Evil

[Updated on: Mon, 09 August 2004 07:51]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Mon, 09 August 2004 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was only fucking with you people, i also have cousins that are in the building and "demolition" industries respectively, as for your sprinter being a supercar, well all i can say to that is beauty is in the eye of the beholder i spose... Confused
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Mon, 09 August 2004 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeh, a Sprinter is a supercar. Very Happy and mine doesnt have any rust, so get that up ya Andrijj!! Twisted Evil
[/quote]

Dude, settle.

All i meant was, " the way to fix an alfa was to replace it with a better car as in a sprinter" sheesh

Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Mon, 09 August 2004 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha im only kidding dude, i dont take any of this stuff serious lol. Very Happy i knew what you meant too, and yeh my Sprinter does have a touch of rust, but considering that it was bought brand new in Nowra, and it lived part of its life in Wollongong, it should have waaay more. Smile

and yeh i know MR 1GGTE, Sprinters can be an acquired taste, but hey, once youve tasted one you wont turn back. Very Happy
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Mon, 09 August 2004 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont mind em, i just really doubt they will ever hit supercar status, well maybe if you dropped a 1UZFZZE in one hooked up to a 4wd system, then maybe, just maybe...
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 105's are better than sprinters Wed, 11 August 2004 14:44 Go to previous message
Hmmmmm This guy posts about alfas being SUPPOSABLY better than a sprinter on a Toyota forum and then says "you all took the bait. bye bye ". I ask, why bother? Honestly hes caused more arguement about how much of a rust bucket these alfas really are.

I SAY GO TOYOTA!!!

RAM TECH - 0
TOYMODS USERS - 35
Laughing Laughing Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Avalanch Car amp
Next Topic:PMP-80Y goes on a weight reduction regime
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 07:28:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068490505218506 seconds