Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

cool things in movies you miss Sun, 08 August 2004 16:54 Go to next message
When Agent Smith pulls up in an Audi at the beginning of the film (Reloaded), his license plate is IS 5416. In the King James Bible, Isaiah 54:16 says, Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy."

oh and in the star wars movie when there in the senate debate theres 3 E.Ts on one of the platforms

Also, a lot of the car number plates are Bible references. For example, the car Trinity and Morpheus drive during the highway scene has DA203 as its number plate. Daniel 02:03 refers to King Nebuchadnezzar describing a dream he has had; "I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream is gone from me". This is exactly what Morpheus says when the Nebuchadnezzar hovercraft is destroyed. Morpheus is also named after the Greek god of dreams, which fits well with his character. As I said earlier, the films really seem to fit together better when you pay close attention

in Black Hawk Down, the cabbie hired to point out the target building can be seen firing at the Americans in multiple later scenes.
  Send a private message to this user    
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: cool things in movies you miss Sun, 08 August 2004 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cripes. I don't pay that much attention in the movies !!!!!
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: cool things in movies you miss Mon, 09 August 2004 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im watching "The Body Guard" atm, any magic moments in that? Laughing
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: cool things in movies you miss Mon, 09 August 2004 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I watched the Butterfly Effect the other day and noticed a fault in it...

When Ashton's mum was driving the girl home (as kids), Ashton was in the front seat and the girl was in the back. The car stopped outside her house and the girl got out without Ashton moving. THE CAR IS A 2 DOOR CELICA!!! Oviously the car in the studio they filmed it in was a four door and no-one cared or noticed the difference. No No No

NOTE: I can't remember what the name of Ashton Kutchcer's character is so I'll called the kid Ashton. Embarassed
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: cool things in movies you miss Mon, 09 August 2004 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Mon, 09 August 2004 10:57

I watched the Butterfly Effect the other day and noticed a fault in it...

When Ashton's mum was driving the girl home (as kids), Ashton was in the front seat and the girl was in the back. The car stopped outside her house and the girl got out without Ashton moving. THE CAR IS A 2 DOOR CELICA!!! Oviously the car in the studio they filmed it in was a four door and no-one cared or noticed the difference. No No No

NOTE: I can't remember what the name of Ashton Kutchcer's character is so I'll called the kid Ashton. Embarassed

Ha Ha i noticed that too, also a good movie, it made my gf cry Crying or Very Sad.......Cool
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: cool things in movies you miss Mon, 09 August 2004 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have seen two totally different endings for that movie too... I won't describe them both because it will stuff the movie up for people that hasn't seen it yet. But, the two endings are more than just 30sec long. It's at least the last 5-10min that is different... From him watching the home movie onwards. The home movie is totally different in the two endings and hence it has a totally different effect on stuff.

One copy I watched was a dodgy rip from Asia somewhere and the other a preview tape for Civic Video. Apparently the dodgy version was the same as the one shown in Australia at the cinemas. WTF is going on there. Confused
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: cool things in movies you miss Mon, 09 August 2004 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hrmmm i have it on DVD somewhere ill go look at the special options later to see this "other" ending!!! Tell what happened im curious..
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: cool things in movies you miss Mon, 09 August 2004 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The preview DVD that I watched is IDENTICAL to the one that will be sold and rented in Australian video stores. I checked it for the other ending and only found a couple of slight differences. ie: two alternative street scenes (the very very last scene). They are called the "happy sappy ending" and "stalker ending".

These are only the last bit. The real difference I was talking about is much longer.

As I said before, I don't want to be the cnut to ruin the movie for people... I am not gonna spell out what happens.
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: cool things in movies you miss Mon, 09 August 2004 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, i saw the directors cut, which has the ending where he, hmmm, how can i put it without giving it away, watches the birth. my sister said when she saw it, it had a different ending, but i got a pre release dvd, and it only had the driectors cut.
that didnt ruin anything did it?
back on topic, i also remeber this bit in braveheart, in one of the battles, when willy wallis waves the flag to signal his allies, and they fuck off on him, there are two extras in the direct centre of the bakcground "fighting", with swords and they are just standing there tapping their swords together.

[Updated on: Mon, 09 August 2004 02:42]

SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: cool things in movies you miss Mon, 09 August 2004 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In that case, the director's cut is the one that will be in video stores... That is the only one on the preview tape my bro got. It fits better with the story as well. It seems to be the intended ending. The other one is ok but doesn't fit with the rest of the movie quite as well.
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: cool things in movies you miss Mon, 09 August 2004 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats probably coz the driectors cut it a bit controversial, and might piss people off, saying its bad taste and whatever. but on the dvd i had, it had two option when you select to play, directors cut, and theatrical version, but i could only highlight directors cut.

theres heaps of movie mistakes here
http://www.moviemistakes.com
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: cool things in movies you miss Mon, 09 August 2004 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I meant that the "watching the birth" ending was the one on the video. Smile
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: cool things in movies you miss Mon, 09 August 2004 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Mon, 09 August 2004 12:49

It fits better with the story as well. It seems to be the intended ending.

that was what i was replying to. i guess it should have put that quote in the other post.
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: cool things in movies you miss Mon, 09 August 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Somone PM the ending dammit..
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: cool things in movies you miss Mon, 09 August 2004 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you want to know the ending?
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: cool things in movies you miss Mon, 09 August 2004 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am PMing now.
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: cool things in movies you miss Mon, 09 August 2004 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks!!!
I know the normal ending, well i think it is, when he watchs the home movie n tells her t piss off, well thats the one ive seen
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: cool things in movies you miss Mon, 09 August 2004 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't stand the amount of mistakes that are made in many movies. If they took just a bit more care shooting scenes and following simple rules of shooting, such as camera position and where not to relocate it to. Such as keeping the camera on the same side of a person for a scene/conversation and not changing sides. And i spose also the most common problem of prop positioning. Whilst not a common problem with the so called block busters, it still slips through.

Sorry to be podantic, but doing drama/film for HSC has made me realise how many mistakes are made in film which could have easily been fixed. In some ways it destroys the illusion that the film may be real.
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: cool things in movies you miss Mon, 09 August 2004 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scrote wrote on Mon, 09 August 2004 02:54

When Agent Smith pulls up in an Audi at the beginning of the film (Reloaded), his license plate is IS 5416. In the King James Bible, Isaiah 54:16 says, Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy."

oh and in the star wars movie when there in the senate debate theres 3 E.Ts on one of the platforms

Also, a lot of the car number plates are Bible references. For example, the car Trinity and Morpheus drive during the highway scene has DA203 as its number plate. Daniel 02:03 refers to King Nebuchadnezzar describing a dream he has had; "I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream is gone from me". This is exactly what Morpheus says when the Nebuchadnezzar hovercraft is destroyed. Morpheus is also named after the Greek god of dreams, which fits well with his character. As I said earlier, the films really seem to fit together better when you pay close attention

in Black Hawk Down, the cabbie hired to point out the target building can be seen firing at the Americans in multiple later scenes.

OH MY GOSH DAN!!!!
Your starting to scare me!!!
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: cool things in movies you miss Mon, 09 August 2004 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like the bit in star wars when the stormtrooper bangs his head on the door... greatstuff Very Happy

EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: cool things in movies you miss Mon, 09 August 2004 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant remember the name of the movie but in one scence a guy walks into some cafe or something and hes got a gun (you dont know it) and before he even pulls it out one of the extras at the next table puts their fingers in their ears Laughing
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: cool things in movies you miss Mon, 09 August 2004 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.moviemistakes.com

so many fuck-ups in movies that u NEVER would have noticed
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: cool things in movies you miss Mon, 09 August 2004 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
star wars episode 4 = Storm trooper smacks head. EVERYONE knows about that one Razz i love it!
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: cool things in movies you miss Mon, 09 August 2004 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In American Graffiti, 2nd George Lucas film, there is a car with number plate THX182 ehich wasd the name of his first movie and then the name for the "Lucas approved sound system" THX. Don't bothe witht the movie (THX) though 'vause it's supposed to be a shocker.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: cool things in movies you miss Mon, 09 August 2004 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In Independence Day there is a scene where there is a plastic rubbish bin in the background with "Prop Dept." written on it in big letters. Laughing
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: cool things in movies you miss Mon, 09 August 2004 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
someone pm me the alternate butterfly effect ending please?
Iloved that moofie
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: cool things in movies you miss Mon, 09 August 2004 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Mon, 09 August 2004 20:14

someone pm me the alternate butterfly effect ending please?
Iloved that moofie

I'll give you a copy of the description I gave Token. Smile
scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: cool things in movies you miss Mon, 09 August 2004 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
star wars episode 4 = Storm trooper smacks head. EVERYONE knows about that one i love it!

yeah you will also notice that in the second star wars when the bounty dude is fighting the jedi dude outside the place that makes the clones when going inside his ship he nocks his head

thus all storm troopers have the bang head dna as are created from him. Very Happy or something
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: cool things in movies you miss Mon, 09 August 2004 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heeheee - thats funny.

But funnier still is that bobba fet loses that horrendous kiwi accent!

"hee ded, ya got im ded!"
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: cool things in movies you miss Tue, 10 August 2004 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In hell boy, in the sewers theres is a scene where Hell Boy's gun is in his right hand.

Also in the two towers at helms deep there is a few defenders that don't know how to use a bow, one of them knocks an arrow, thinks about it (waits for his queue), then *gently* puts it down and runs into the fort. Made me laugh.

As for the butterfly effect with getting out of the back seat, I noticed this too, but I think he had his seat all the way forward and then leant forward a little more for her to get out. I don't think there was a 4 door car (or a prop-car with no side on it).
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: cool things in movies you miss Tue, 10 August 2004 07:29 Go to previous message
hey I love the matrix movies and now I'm even more interested in them Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Anyone been to the Maldives?
Next Topic:SikBro on EBAY!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 13:27:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0081970691680908 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.