Toymods » General Car Talk » BF GOODRICH GFORCE DRAG RADIALS or NITTO's

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
..J..
Regular

June 2004
BF GOODRICH GFORCE DRAG RADIALS or NITTO's Mon, 09 August 2004 05:41 Go to next message
does anyone know where these tyres can be purchased.

i have searched high and low and only found one person importing NITTO's but on ly has massive sizes left and isnt getting anymore in, and i cant find any BG GOODRICH GFORCE drag radials in the country, BF GOODRICH say there arent any in the country yet people are running them,i think i seen them on 8THSIN in photos from WSID.

can anyone help me with this?

thanks

J
  Send a private message to this user    
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: BF GOODRICH GFORCE DRAG RADIALS or NITTO's Mon, 09 August 2004 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm pretty sure Ben, goes by Lateralus on the forums, was running BFG drag radial on his AW11 when he ran 10.6 so he may be able to help you with where to buy them.
..J..
Regular

June 2004
Re: BF GOODRICH GFORCE DRAG RADIALS or NITTO's Tue, 10 August 2004 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks joshstix
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: BF GOODRICH GFORCE DRAG RADIALS or NITTO's Tue, 10 August 2004 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What's with drag racing anyway? People make these excellent starts, run hard down the front straight, then stop before they get to the first corner!!! I just don't understand........
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: BF GOODRICH GFORCE DRAG RADIALS or NITTO's Tue, 10 August 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Give it a go some time, I'm sure you'll change your tune.

Damn I change my opinion just from spectating. It's not as easy as it looks to get the power down in a decent car and run the best times.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: BF GOODRICH GFORCE DRAG RADIALS or NITTO's Tue, 10 August 2004 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eh. whatever. I have the supreme luxury of belting 400hp, 6.0L V8's at work, and once you know a car it aint so hard to get traction. Admittedly they are mainly commodes and munro's, which just squat and go Very Happy

Try circuit racing, or I'm guessing even more difficult: rallying.

Geeks are shown up for their lack of talent in those disciplines instantly. Any fool can make a respectable drag-pass in a road car, with practice. -not to say that pro-stock, funny-cars and fuellers etc. are easy to drive: that's in another league alltogether.

I've been out to calder quite a few times actually: the snooze factor with anything slower than 10seconds is too much for me.... Wink

[Updated on: Tue, 10 August 2004 06:41]

..J..
Regular

June 2004
Re: BF GOODRICH GFORCE DRAG RADIALS or NITTO's Wed, 11 August 2004 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have purchased a set of BFGoodrich, thanks for your help joshstix, ben didnt get back to me but i found a friend of nabils and he lead me in thr right direction.

sillykar, every one has preferences for motorsport, mine is drag racing, yours is obviously track work, whats so hard to understand. you may like vegemite, i may not. whats so hard to comprehend.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: BF GOODRICH GFORCE DRAG RADIALS or NITTO's Wed, 11 August 2004 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
..J.. wrote on Wed, 11 August 2004 10:50

sillykar, every one has preferences for motorsport, mine is drag racing, yours is obviously track work, whats so hard to understand. you may like vegemite, i may not. whats so hard to comprehend.

dead right!
another reason I like drag racing is that there is less chance of crashing the car than in circuit and especially rally racing! Until it is really fast anyway Evil or Very Mad
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: BF GOODRICH GFORCE DRAG RADIALS or NITTO's Wed, 11 August 2004 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wasn't aiming to sh!t-stir, just wondering out-loud why people make excellent starts to the race, then slow down 400m later!!

Circuit-racers still get the aggro off the line, but they then get to floor it down the straight 20+ times. Not trying to start a flame war or anything, just voicing my opinion that the start and straight-line thing is also present around a circuit, and the corners are a massive bonus!! WHY stop after you've started? Wink

I wasn't trying to say that every drag-racer is a talentless loser or anything, either. My assertion that Dragging is easier to fluke/learn by the talentless geeks however, stands.
Not too hard for "Johnny No-talent" to fluke dumping the clutch once or twice: impossible for him to nail 15-corners around a racetrack 20 laps in a row, if he ain't got da skeeeellzz...... . . Very Happy

I'm done here

Shocked
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: BF GOODRICH GFORCE DRAG RADIALS or NITTO's Wed, 11 August 2004 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my name is johnny no talent Smile
..J..
Regular

June 2004
Re: BF GOODRICH GFORCE DRAG RADIALS or NITTO's Wed, 11 August 2004 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im glad you said it was an assurtion that launching a car is easy. cause you know what happens when you make an assumption, you make an ass out of you and umption.

maybe launching a 15 sec car is easy but an 11sec car or quicker there is definately skill in.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: BF GOODRICH GFORCE DRAG RADIALS or NITTO's Wed, 11 August 2004 07:15 Go to previous message
..J.. wrote on Wed, 11 August 2004 15:06

im glad you said it was an assurtion that launching a car is easy. cause you know what happens when you make an assumption, you make an ass out of you and umption.

maybe launching a 15 sec car is easy but an 11sec car or quicker there is definately skill in.

Actually it was an assertion, not an assumption. Check the spelling in my post, then the dictionary to get a definition. Rolling Eyes

Launching a mid-13 second car is a piece of p!ss, but as I've never driven an 11 second car, I can't refute your claim. Like I said before, too much snooze-factor in anything slower than 10secs or so. It gets interesting on the fast side of 10secs, but even then only as a novelty for me.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2003 corolla ascent gearing
Next Topic:Lap times of Hume Go Karts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 19:04:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046260356903076 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.