Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise HANDS UP!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Sam4A-GE_Seca
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004
SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise HANDS UP!! Tue, 27 July 2004 09:27 Go to next message
Hey all,
after the fun of the 25 july cruise im going to plan one, here goes:

thanks to Draza for alerting me i have changed the date.

Date: 29 August
Meet: Hungry Jacks Windsor Rd, McGraths Hill
Time: to be safe 9:30am for a 10:00 Departure.
Bring: Handheld UHF CB's, Full tank of petrol (pleny available along Windsor Rd before Mcgraths Hill), and maybe more once i go up and check the area out ill get back to yas.

This Cruise is being organised on the www.twincam.org forums, but as usual its open to all cars, and we would like to see a large Toymods prescence of all kinds of cars.

We'll do the Putty road run and come back by old pac or wisemans ferry.
ill provide directions on paper for everyone.

Dont forget to top up ur fuel and remember ur CB's Channel 16.

this is an unofficial cruise and still I promote safe driving and following applicable road rules regardless.

Hope to see yas there!

Samuel

Those who are in from toymods forum.
Me
Davo
Fiery isles?
RAV-GT4?
AE86slut
ScreaminRolla
PyRoMaNiAc
Fiery isles

[Updated on: Tue, 24 August 2004 11:45]

Send a private message to this user    
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ATT: Rolla Owners: Putty Road Cruise Wed, 28 July 2004 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Edit: ok the dates ok now.

[Updated on: Fri, 30 July 2004 01:48]

Sam4A-GE_Seca
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: ATT: Rolla Owners: Putty Road Cruise UPDATED Tue, 03 August 2004 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone who is coming and has a small bbq they dont mind lugging around plz pm me.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise Sun, 08 August 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Come along toymodders, as much as the twincam guys are corolla drivers they are still friendly and just as sociable as we can be, sometimes moreso!

Depending on when i book my ski trip, i will be there with PimpBoy, and so will about 10-12 other twincammers, including a quick little Starlet and a few GZE's perhaps.

Its a fun drive Wink
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise Sun, 08 August 2004 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll bet it is... this would be a fun drive. Wink
Fiery isles
Occasional Poster

November 2003

Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise Mon, 09 August 2004 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds interesting, I should be able to come along :)

I hope Ultrav comes along, thats one machine i would like to have a look at :)
Sam4A-GE_Seca
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise Mon, 09 August 2004 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Firey Isles: what kinda car u got? hope to see ya at the cruise. Putty Road is a very fun road. I've done the full distance of the road twice but both times in a Land Rover Discovery TD5 Auto. Sad. Cant wait to do it in my rolla. Lots of nice tight corners.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise Mon, 09 August 2004 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As soon as I get my timing belt issues sorted out, I'll be able to run it in... and what more fun than the Putty Rd. I haven't given my 18mm rear swaybar a full workout yet, so I'll be very keen to get into it. Nod
Fiery isles
Occasional Poster

November 2003

Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise Mon, 09 August 2004 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a 7th gen celica :) still stock atm, but my TRD exhaust from japan should be in my hands in a few days time :D
Sam4A-GE_Seca
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004
icon8.gif  Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise Tue, 10 August 2004 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bad news guys. I the organiser of this cruise at 7:30am on the 11 August 2004 Smashed my AE82 Seca Twin Cam 16 Crying or Very Sad. And as such I wont be driving Putty Road. Anyone want a passenger im looking for a seat???
Fiery isles
Occasional Poster

November 2003

Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise Wed, 11 August 2004 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn :( There is still over 2 weeks to go before the cruise, hopefully something might be done about your car by then :)

Im sure someone can pick you up on the way to the cruise and give you a ride. I wouldnt mind :)
Sam4A-GE_Seca
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise Wed, 11 August 2004 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah im low on cash and i have to fix the blokes camry first.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise Wed, 11 August 2004 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll give you a ride in the RAV if you want... whereabouts are you?

Sorry to hear about your ride... looks like your signature options have reduced a bit? Confused
Sam4A-GE_Seca
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise Wed, 11 August 2004 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah man that sounds mad. im in ryde if thats on ur way. how is the RAV any way u got all the issues sorted?
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise Wed, 11 August 2004 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My thread in the Member's Rides has all the updates... Very Happy

Anyway, the timing belt had to be sorted out, which I got another one from Toyota yesterday and is being fitted up today. Just need to plumb up the BOV and the catch can to the air intake and that will be it. Smile
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise Wed, 11 August 2004 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam,

Because you are no longer able to sort this one out - i might as well take over from here.

Ill do a recon run tomorrow night perhaps, pick out the roads, and draw up some directions.

Comon TOYMODDERS!!!
ScreaminRolla
Regular

October 2003
Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise Wed, 11 August 2004 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be there with my new wheels and suspension setup,cant wait Very Happy
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise Wed, 11 August 2004 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hopefully my car will be fully sorted by then, so there can be atleast one tick on the board for the corolla-in-denial brigade Very Happy
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise Wed, 11 August 2004 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TOPS! Cool
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise Wed, 11 August 2004 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
See you there guys....... Wink
Sam4A-GE_Seca
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise Wed, 11 August 2004 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Wed, 11 August 2004 18:17

Sam,

Because you are no longer able to sort this one out - i might as well take over from here.

Ill do a recon run tomorrow night perhaps, pick out the roads, and draw up some directions.

Comon TOYMODDERS!!!

Cheers Karl, most of the route has been planned. I have been told toymods did a run b4? maybe just use that route. i was thinking turning off at the broke turn off then heading back to sydney and stopping at a bbq area.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise Wed, 11 August 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn i just looked in the street directory. that place is far away Laughing id be pretty fuked if my car broke down and needed a tow hahaha.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise Wed, 11 August 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude - my exhaust fell off at the extractor's flange last time i did this run.... 80km the OTHER side of windsor at 11pm.

Not a fun drive home....
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise Thu, 12 August 2004 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah that would be pretty gay, i thought i had it tough driving to the exhaust shop with no exhaust haha.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise Sun, 15 August 2004 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crying or Very Sad i cant go anymore, i had to change my ski trip dates AGAIN.

Someone else will be looking after this cruise, will advise.
Sam4A-GE_Seca
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise Fri, 20 August 2004 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1 week 2 days to go! hope to see heaps of u there!

Hands up if ur in

[Updated on: Sat, 21 August 2004 08:55]

PyRoMaNiAc
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise HANDS UP!! Tue, 24 August 2004 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im In!!!
Fiery isles
Occasional Poster

November 2003

Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise HANDS UP!! Tue, 24 August 2004 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
re first post: im still keen to come :)

did the route get finalised?
Sam4A-GE_Seca
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise HANDS UP!! Tue, 24 August 2004 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fiery isles
I have a rough idea of the route i want to take as i have done the drive as part of a workplace drive day a few times. we'll play it by ear as to wether we do wisemans ferry or old pac.
CamryMan
Regular

May 2002
Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise HANDS UP!! Wed, 25 August 2004 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've Penciled this in althought it all depends on finances.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise HANDS UP!! Thu, 26 August 2004 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys after all the dramas about sprinters not going to non sprinter cruises, i cant make it now! Sad i had my car dyno tuned last night but i was having problems, boost would spike up to 20psi then drop off to about 14 so we think my actuator is fucked. also blew the turbo-dump pipe gasket aswell as the manifold gasket which has happened before so might be warped.

so if anyones got a buggered CT26 that they dont want the actuator off, let me know Smile
Sam4A-GE_Seca
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise HANDS UP!! Fri, 27 August 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1 day and a handful of hours to go. PM me if ur attending and may run late.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise HANDS UP!! Fri, 27 August 2004 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dammit I got no fuel for the trip... Embarassed Sad
Fiery isles
Occasional Poster

November 2003

Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise HANDS UP!! Sat, 28 August 2004 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awww man :( I have some other things i have to do tomorrow now, so i cant come

Hope everyone has fun :)
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise HANDS UP!! Sat, 28 August 2004 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just woke up and got no chance of making it sorry (stupid car Mad )

Hope everyone has fun and drives safe Smile
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise HANDS UP!! Sun, 29 August 2004 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cruise was good despite the fact we only got to the halfway house before the rain set in , then we returned to hungry jacks.

But yeah it was the first time I had a cruise with the GZE , and it did not fail to perform. Those new rear discs I put in yesterday also stood up well.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise HANDS UP!! Sun, 29 August 2004 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it scares me that you have a gze now......
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise HANDS UP!! Sun, 29 August 2004 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.iinet.net.au/~dizown/Car/Broke200small.JPG

MuHAHAHAHA Evil or Very Mad
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise HANDS UP!! Sun, 29 August 2004 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also photos are up.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~dizown/Cruise/
Sam4A-GE_Seca
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: SYD: Sunday 29th Aug, Putty Road Cruise HANDS UP!! Sun, 29 August 2004 10:15 Go to previous message
thanks for hosting the pics diz. t`was an aiight day with a good turnout, until the rain came. then on the way home davos car hit the gutter. hope the car is fully fixed soon bro. keep an eye on the forums for the rescheduled date.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ran 13.5 1/4 mile at WSID last night in Stock Soarer
Next Topic:Friday Night Cruise 27/8
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 13:13:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0079050064086914 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.