wondering wat i can fit into a ke70

any ideas appreciated

the easier it is to put in the sooner it will be done

thanx
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Mon, 09 August 2004 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reckon you could fit a small pony if you cut it's legs off... be a bit less than 1 horsepower tho....

ideas?

take one tape measure
meaure your engine bay
then go to importer and measure motors
priceless Wink

also go to your engineer (and if you don't have one get one) and ask what is legal..

i would be more worried about what you are going to do for brakes... oh wait, i'm not in QLD... go for it then Wink
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Mon, 09 August 2004 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i rekon you could put 3 sherpa's in there.... Razz
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Mon, 09 August 2004 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the only mod im gonna be doin netime soon if any is puttin a supercharger on my 2tgeu(ta22) if i keep it. this engine mod is for a friend. he wants more power and im not sure wat would be easier. wats the easiest option out of these??

- 3sgte
- 4ag
- 4agze
- rb20de
- rb20dt
- 1ggte
- 1ggze
- sumthin else
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Mon, 09 August 2004 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4A?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Mon, 09 August 2004 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nahh, go against the grain and put a K motor in Smile
with a 61mm stroke, you should be able to get plenty of revs!

oh, out of your options?

- sumthin else

5K or 7K. fuel injected.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Mon, 09 August 2004 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have never been in a 4k ke70 but I have a 5k in my ke70 and IMO I wouldn't bother doing that swap if I was after more performance. It isn't very fast. It has a fair bit of torque though.

I would put a 4agze in it. AFAIK it is very similar to swapping into an ae86 but do a search on that. i read that you need an ae70 X-member.

that would be my pick.

oh and forget about a straight six! I have a 1jz in my xt130 which has an engine bay that is a bit longer than the ke70 and it only JUST fits length ways.
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Mon, 09 August 2004 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wat can i get a 5k or a 7k out of??
wat can i get a 4agze out of??

do either come in a half cut??

ive got a 5k with extractors in a ke70 it sounds like a truck, would this count as a toymod classified car so i can go to meets and cruises and stuff??
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Mon, 09 August 2004 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look at me, i can't read the conversions page of the faq
http://www.superjamie.net/oldcorollas/
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Mon, 09 August 2004 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look at me! i have an AE71 with a 4 a g!!
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Mon, 09 August 2004 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Look at me...

im a cow with a dirty ass
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Mon, 09 August 2004 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes you are. Laughing
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Mon, 09 August 2004 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can i be one too? Sad
doityourself
Regular

July 2004
Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Mon, 09 August 2004 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tell your friend to work that hell out of the current motor. I am talking weber, extractors, high compression, lumpy cam, balanced and blue printed bottom end, lightened flywheel, ported and polished head, anything to pull the most out of the motor. I had the works in my prev. KE 20 and it "went like a shower of S**T" so the saying goes, it would beat most 202 commodores. You'ld be suprised how good a NA tuned K motor will go.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Mon, 09 August 2004 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in a KE20 - Yes.

A KE70 though has an extra 250kg of arse to barge around.

Take the 4age for cheapish fun. Guaranteed 16 second car.
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Mon, 09 August 2004 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or get a ke20 instead Smile

one of the rollaclub guys has a worked 4k in a ke15, he beats V8s
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Mon, 09 August 2004 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah anyone can beat a VN V8 Razz
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Tue, 10 August 2004 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about a VY SS off the lights Razz
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Tue, 10 August 2004 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.optusnet.com.au/gianttomato/Toyota%20Power%20/RB26DETT%20TA22.jpg
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Tue, 10 August 2004 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^^ Substitute TA22 with KE70.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Tue, 10 August 2004 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Super Jamie wrote on Tue, 10 August 2004 10:16

how about a VY SS off the lights Razz

anyone can beat them off the line if they are not trying Twisted Evil heh heh.

have you tried to get a crummydore off the line quick?
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Tue, 10 August 2004 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i actually wana swap my 72,73 and 75 celica's for a old skewl rolla if sum one is interested.

that is a kewl pic

neways neone know where i can get a cheap complete rolla rolling shell

Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Tue, 10 August 2004 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BAHAHAHAHAHHAHA new wallpaper Smile
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Tue, 10 August 2004 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilcrash wrote on Tue, 10 August 2004 11:26

neways neone know where i can get a cheap complete rolla rolling shell

Um... just about anywhere? Have you tried looking?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Tue, 10 August 2004 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i want that haircut!
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Tue, 10 August 2004 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You GOT that haircut already
MR KE70
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Tue, 10 August 2004 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sr20
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Wed, 11 August 2004 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
datsun motors are crap Razz
doityourself
Regular

July 2004
Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Thu, 12 August 2004 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok seriously an "A" or "T", a 3T-C from a T-18, mount the motor in the bay using 3t emgine mounts, use the t50 gearbox on KE-70 K40 gearbox cross member using the bolt holes 30mm or so further back and hydraulic clutch ( these are easily fitted coz the african TE-72 sedan is a KE-70. Either try finding a TE-72 sedan tailshaft or go to an engineer or fitter and turner and have the tailshaft cut and shut, about 30mm should be enough for memory SIZE=2]
(******* NEVER ATTEMPT TO DO THIS YOURSELF, MODDING THE TAIL SHAFT SHOULD ONLY BE DONE BY THE PROFESSIONALS ********).
[/SIZE] [Use the T-18 throttle cable and all appropriates to the carb. You may need to ( and don't quote me on this) need to cut a new hole for the gear lever. also think about using the t-18 strut and brake setup, as these brakes are about 30 mm larger in diameter. dont worry as all items such as lwr control arms, tie rod ends and radius rods are the same.

Of course the options on the "A" or "T" series motor is completely up to you. The choices that I can think of that landed in Australia are; 4A, 4AG (carb fed), 4AGE (both 16 and 20 valve), 4AGZE, 2T, 2T-G, 2T-GEU, 3T-C, 3T-GTE, 12T and 13T (used in commercial vehicles PLEASE CORRENCT ME IF I AM WRONG) and the other "A" series that were missed. Using other sources the "T" series can be bored out 200cc larger than stock ie 2T = 1600cc will be 1800cc. Alot of fun could had this way.

I hope that i have been helpful to you, and that this hasn't dragged on to long.
Best wishes finding that motor for your mate.
Dale J
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Thu, 12 August 2004 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx everyone

ive opted for an easier option

im lookin for a te27 so i can put my 2tgeu into it

thanx again everyone
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Thu, 12 August 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in which country? they are pretty damn thin on the ground in australia, since they were never released here..
there are some in NZ, and a fair few in US and japan, but are you really going to import one just for a 2TG motors sake?
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Thu, 12 August 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like the ke30's aswell but i dont wanna stuff around tryin to put a t into a k so thats y i went for the similarly shaped te27
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Thu, 12 August 2004 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Tell me when you find the TE27 Levin tree! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Thu, 12 August 2004 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you pay an importer $8k or more and you get a mint te27, complianced and registered in australia. i don't really see what's so hard about it? rolin imports on the gold coast have brought a few in now

i wouldn't do it. 8 grand or more for a corolla? and a rare one that you'd be afraid to drive and flog the shit out of in case you broke it? fuck that, i'll stick with my cheap replaceable ke25
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Fri, 13 August 2004 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good lord, 8 grand for something that old!

I stuffed a 2TC in my old KE55 (whitey to those that know it!), only took a day to do, sure I used the wrong mounts etc, but with a bit of work this could all be fixed up properly (whitey didn't DESERVE to have it fixed up..)
syncro
Regular

October 2004
Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Mon, 29 November 2004 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got 6,200 euros in ireland for a nicely modified ke35 with a 4age in it, hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
syncro
Regular

October 2004
Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Mon, 29 November 2004 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

- sumthin else

5K or 7K. fuel injected.[/quote]

where can the 5k or 7k be bought complete with the injection? can you get them in a front cut from an importer?...... would it be worth the trouble?
nudes
Regular

October 2004
Re: wat can i put in a ke70 Mon, 29 November 2004 11:31 Go to previous message
you could put yourself in it and drive off a cliff..

OR

you could use the farking SEARCH function..

if you spent < 5mins reading through these forums you would realise how much people hate hearing recurring questions.. either that or you would find exactly what you are looking for..

(Footnote: this symbol < means less than Shocked )
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:18RG KE20
Next Topic:best k series engine?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 21:27:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006425142288208 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.