Toymods » General Car Talk » 2 x AE86's vs R34 GT-R cornering battle movie

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
2 x AE86's vs R34 GT-R cornering battle movie Sun, 08 August 2004 09:37 Go to next message
A movie that compares the handeling ability of well tuned 86's and the r34 GT-R

http://ww2.tiff93.es/manolo/japos/a-h_-_initial_d_ hachi-roku_special%20(1).mpeg

[Updated on: Mon, 09 August 2004 22:52]

Send a private message to this user    
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Sun, 08 August 2004 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wasn't this just posted like a week ago?
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Sun, 08 August 2004 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doesnt work for me
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Sun, 08 August 2004 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you kidding or what? there is not way in this earth it can happen unless the gtr driver is a total moron behind the wheel or your talking a $100k sprinter with the best driver against a stock standed gtr!
god i get tired of this! god i wish it was real id grab a gtr and bet anyone with a sprinter 100k the couldnt beat the gtr around eastern creek.
fantasies are good till reality kicks in!
mick
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Sun, 08 August 2004 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your crazy mick Razz

[Updated on: Sun, 08 August 2004 09:55]

EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Sun, 08 August 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok lets look at this
the driver of the GTR isnt anything special
the corolla drivers are both race drivers

the track is tight with a very short straight

both the corolla's are work to the hilt
big bucks spent
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Sun, 08 August 2004 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've seen other examples of orido and the drift king at it with a gtr and a 86...
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Sun, 08 August 2004 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
link should be fixed, mick watch the movie. Yes its a stock GT-R, no the sprinters are not stock hence the fact i stated, "well tuned". And I will also say there ARE 86's out there that will defeat a stock r34 GT-R on eastern creek.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Sun, 08 August 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as for the other vids of corolla's beating gtr's
your talking about the hot version/BMI touge track
which if you have watched any other videos there
they will tell you that anything over 300hp is no use
and its a tight arse little road

and again full house corolla vs stock gtr
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Sun, 08 August 2004 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so what it is still a wicked effort for 170hp
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Sun, 08 August 2004 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mick, if you watch the video, you'll see that the circuit was really tight which disadvantaged the larger and much heavier GT-R.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Sun, 08 August 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it sure is Smile
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Sun, 08 August 2004 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Over 75meg fuck watching it! Transfer speed is painfully slow too.
wolf
Regular

June 2004
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Sun, 08 August 2004 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The nerdy guy driving the skyline isn't a bad driver, or otherwise he wouldn't be in the show.

I believe this race was about showing how skilled driving and tuned small engined cars are a match for someone with a powerful high-end sports car, and not much driving (racing) experience. It was more of a publicity stunt and fun race, rather than trying to prove that a Corolla is better than an R34 Rolling Eyes
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Sun, 08 August 2004 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agreed
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Sun, 08 August 2004 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 20:20

Mick, if you watch the video, you'll see that the circuit was really tight which disadvantaged the larger and much heavier GT-R.

exactly.

the right car setup for the right conditions.
the video was simply shot at a location favourable to a light weight low power rwd car.

just goes to show a GT-R, the circuit killing monster, can be beaten in the right circumstances.

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Sun, 08 August 2004 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep! like a car park! haha coudnt resist.
mick
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Sun, 08 August 2004 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn the fella in the green with the black bonneted sprinter can drive!!
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Sun, 08 August 2004 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 23:38

powah 2 teh dorifto king Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Mon, 09 August 2004 00:24]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Sun, 08 August 2004 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
STR8 2.8 wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 23:46

V8_MA61 wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 23:38

powa 2 teh dorifto king

No No No
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Sun, 08 August 2004 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kingmick wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 19:51

are you kidding or what? there is not way in this earth it can happen unless the gtr driver is a total moron behind the wheel or your talking a $100k sprinter with the best driver against a stock standed gtr!
god i get tired of this! god i wish it was real id grab a gtr and bet anyone with a sprinter 100k the couldnt beat the gtr around eastern creek.
fantasies are good till reality kicks in!
mick

-One sprinter has 122kw the other has 147kw + nice trd racing items. This would not cost you $100k or anything near it. Those power figuires are very good. But not out of this world. Im guessing more money was spent to setup the handling of the 2 hachis.

-The underpowered sprinter driver is Tsuchiya and the high powered sprinter appears to be Taniguchi?. The GTR driver defaintely knows what he is doing, he is putting on an act that he is incompetent. (although his skills would not match the other 2 drivers).

-The GTR is stock.

-The course is short and tight. It has straights but they arent long enough to reach any amazing speeds, hence the gtr is being kept in its shell.

-And simply put, this is how logic defeats ignorance and its what all ae86 drivers are about... The footage is there, its real.

so...
'teh gtr can looose' but only to sprinters.. haha Wink

Besides I really dont see the big deal why people cant comprehend such logic for lamens.. I think it leads back to two simple factors. 1. The AE86 is old. 2. Its never been highlighted as a 1/4 mile car... Maybe when it pops up in the fast and the furious 3 it will get 'retecp' Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Sun, 08 August 2004 23:21]

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Sun, 08 August 2004 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Mon, 09 August 2004 09:19

-The underpowered sprinter driver is Tsuchiya and the high powered sprinter appears to be Taniguchi?.

I thought it was Tsuchyia and Iida?
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Sun, 08 August 2004 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol, Is it? I forgot his name Shocked heh
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Sun, 08 August 2004 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tsuchiya's driving is insane though, theres one section where the gtr brakes for the S curve just after the start and then tsuchiya brakes, he makes up at least 20 meters distance in this one section, absolutly insane
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Mon, 09 August 2004 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes and a sprinter with the same drive in it and the gtr, could never out brake a gtr because it has four wheel engine braking even at low speed were the sprinters weight helps its braking distance. at low speed they would be pretty close in braking. above say 160km/h the gtr would eat it under brakes!
the video dosnt prove anything at all exept it was setup to show a sprinter winning, like i could do with our national sportsedan
and a pirus!hahahahaha. make a great video a $300k purpose built track car beat buy a eco freindly pirus on cheese cutters!
mick:)
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Mon, 09 August 2004 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And I put it to you that it wasnt setup for the sprinter to win.

A 1600kg r34 with a good driver

vs an 850kg sprinter with a top class driver (whose been driving sprinters since he can rememeber)

whose going to outbrake who? Shocked

Edit;

And at high speed, the lighter car can;

A. brake later.
B. enter the corner quicker
C. go through the corner quicker
D. exit the corner quicker (to a point).

I see no factor in the gtr 'eating' it under brakes. Please explain.

[Updated on: Mon, 09 August 2004 00:53]

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Mon, 09 August 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I thought it was Tsuchyia and Iida?

Tsuchiya and Orido
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Mon, 09 August 2004 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And mick its not so much an arguement of gtr vs sprinter as it is logic.

Its like saying a 747 can out turn a mig coz it has more horsepower.. or something.
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Mon, 09 August 2004 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kingmick wrote on Mon, 09 August 2004 10:41

could never out brake a gtr because it has four wheel engine braking even at low speed were the sprinters weight helps its braking distance. at low speed they would be pretty close in braking. above say 160km/h the gtr would eat it under brakes!

Weight transfer .... skyline weighs stacks more even with it's "all wheel engine braking"
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Mon, 09 August 2004 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FARRKK this is getting more and more ghey,what is it with 86 owners and this constant inferiority complex,,,i didnt give a fukk a while ago but seeing these constant threads trying to proove urself as a true drifter/enthusiest and the car as this track/drift drag weapon is starting to make me hate the whole lot of them....fukken give it up..cant you see everyone can see your weakness and insecurity and the fact you would post shite like this is bacause your car isnt far from being bog stock and ur getting shit from people who are sick to death of wanabee drifters etc that dont have a clue...if you had the goods you would be quite complacent to race ur track set up drift weapon on the weekends and talk about normal shit,but you cant cause you dont have that, so your only way of venting is spending a shit load of time on the net trying to find anything that resembles sprinter supremacey....stop being soooo ghey and give it up!!!
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Mon, 09 August 2004 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riceburna73 wrote on Mon, 09 August 2004 13:46

FARRKK this is getting more and more ghey,what is it with 86 owners and this constant inferiority complex,,,i didnt give a fukk a while ago but seeing these constant threads trying to proove urself as a true drifter/enthusiest and the car as this track/drift drag weapon is starting to make me hate the whole lot of them....fukken give it up..cant you see everyone can see your weakness and insecurity and the fact you would post shite like this is bacause your car isnt far from being bog stock and ur getting shit from people who are sick to death of wanabee drifters etc that dont have a clue...if you had the goods you would be quite complacent to race ur track set up drift weapon on the weekends and talk about normal shit,but you cant cause you dont have that, so your only way of venting is spending a shit load of time on the net trying to find anything that resembles sprinter supremacey....stop being soooo ghey and give it up!!!

haha I give that post 5 stars!
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Mon, 09 August 2004 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One of the reasons i sold my GTE sprinter was because of all the people buying them up. Sure they are still 'rare' but a few years back no one knew about them!
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Mon, 09 August 2004 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how young does Orido look. it must be a few years old. Smile
tsuchyia is so good at heel and toeing back to first gear. awesome driver.
doesn't really prove 86's are quicker. but good to watch.
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Mon, 09 August 2004 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riceburna73 wrote on Mon, 09 August 2004 13:46

good to see ur calling my sprinter "not far from bog stock" when u dont even know me. i posted this becasue there was another thread that was asking about this movie. my 86 is far from stock, and its people like u that make this forum worse. watch the movie if u want, if u dont want to, then stay out of this thread. u knew what was in here, and u came in here to stir sh1t. you pour abuse at 86 owners to make us feel bad for owning a car. I wish i could afford to race my car, but unfortunatly im quite fuking broke. However i will be doing so in the future. All im getting at is this; we all have a right to post on here, and everyone can decide to read any post they want to, if u dont wanna read about sprinters, then dont go into a thread thats talking about them. You may at anytime also exercise ur right to be silent, i especially recommend doing so when u know what ur about to post will offend others.

[Updated on: Mon, 09 August 2004 11:31]

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Mon, 09 August 2004 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DAMMMN that was tight yo. Very Happy
good to see someone having a go back

[Updated on: Mon, 09 August 2004 12:07]

riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Mon, 09 August 2004 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bro, people like me dont give a fukk about what car you drive,i really dont care...if you wana look like a fool by posting seriously ghey comparisons to make a car look like a super car then what do you expect...we might aswell be trying to get a comparison out of a 600cc road bike VS a 125cc dirt bike on a motorcross track,what would you say then?that road bikes have nothing on dirt bikes...for fukk sake do you see any other people on here trying to justify their make of car to the extent ppl like you are?apart from the usual banter...and i dont wana ae86 bash because i have driven a beautiful example some years ago and fell inlove,,so while you would like this to turn into another ae 86 driver vs non ae86 driver it aint guna happen ..All i have a problem with is you! if you look at the rest of the replys to this post you will notice everyone else is saying the same thing...get over it
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Mon, 09 August 2004 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok claim down everyone. lets all sit back and relax no need for this war to continue. Very Happy
its just a video where in one circumstance an 86 beats a GTR. Its was just posted i assume to show a cool vid, lets leave it at that.
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Mon, 09 August 2004 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing good one riceburna, ur going to compare a 600cc road bike and a 125 dirt bike on a motorcross track to this vid? Thats more like racing the GT-R and a Landcruiser, across a desert. Come on man, the GT-R is a race bread car, its racing on a circuit against race built ae86's. YES, this circuit does favour the AE86's.. no ones saying it doesent. I aint out to prove how good 86's are, but u seem to think that im saying 86's is better than other cars, well im fuckin not, there are so many great cars out there, the GT-R being one of them. I aint trying to prove there supremacy, i see now how the title of my post may envoke that train of though, but it was not my intension to do so. Again, i posted this movie as it was asked about in a previous post;
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=41747&start=0&rid=5640&S=d5862e4060d e4639144dc8d993a51f1b
please note that this movie was posted there originally ( look at the time and day of my posts) and as i had gone to the effort of finding it i decied to post it as a seperate thread for others to download at there discresion. Not intended to start a war, which seems to be what has happened. Sorry about all the fuss, but u seem to be pointing the stick at me, when all i wanted to do was share a movie with others on this forum.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Mon, 09 August 2004 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your da man chris Smile
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Mon, 09 August 2004 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
time to make a post for all the wanker corolla drivers
siggy
Regular

October 2003
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Mon, 09 August 2004 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did anyone notice the guy in the R34 had a miss gear right before Tsuchyia pass it ?
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Mon, 09 August 2004 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes i saw that, also the driver of the boss 86 mis-shifts after he has passed the GT-R, about 6min into that video. He goes from 3rd into 4th instead of back to 2nd for the corner. Shocked
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Mon, 09 August 2004 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Tue, 10 August 2004 00:08]

siggy
Regular

October 2003
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Mon, 09 August 2004 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisellis wrote on Tue, 10 August 2004 00:25

yes i saw that, also the driver of the boss 86 mis-shifts after he has passed the GT-R, about 6min into that video. He goes from 3rd into 4th instead of back to 2nd for the corner. Shocked

oh really ....
Is it the boss 86 is the Tsuchyia ?
Anyway I found that there are difference between the cars. I meant as in the skills in which they drive the cars. All three cars have different racing line and braking point.

So I'll say we cannot fully judge on which car is better in which, it is only a testing and showing a brief idea on how it will be like with those drivers on those cars. So after all it is an vid, it is good to watch but not to belive in everything they said.. who knows? There might be bias inside.. <--my oppinion.

In general, of cause standard GTR is faster than standard ae86..no doubt this is the fact. But when cars are modded, it is way diffcult to judge.. since with our todays modification technology any car can become a monster just depends on what car modication you have inside.

Also there are way too many topics to deal with which car is better than which unless we have two different models of cars with the same modication and components and engine. This kicks in with what topic we are comparing like weight ? cornering ? etc...
Because if we just compares with the speed it is too general there are alot of topics to compare which adds up as speed as a whole.

My oppinion is, if all drivers are Tsuchyia then we're talking.
And also to prove anything its good to test it ourselves personally !? Very Happy I found thats the best way

I hope i'm talking, sorry for those readers who think my words are waste of time since i'm a learner too, everything word I uploaded is my oppinion Smile
I am a owner of an ae86 as well..cheers

[Updated on: Mon, 09 August 2004 15:47]

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Mon, 09 August 2004 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
best way to compare would be a lap battle only driven by one driver. but as we see it is not a comparison just a sweet vid.

as for you Riceburner, from the way your interested in the word "ghey", and me having bruises on my chin Rolling Eyes .....maybe you should change your name to "Arseburner". Twisted Evil

[Updated on: Mon, 09 August 2004 22:45]

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: 2 x AE86's DEFEATING an R34 GT-R MOVIE Mon, 09 August 2004 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riceburna73 wrote on Tue, 10 August 2004 00:45

Evan are those bruises on ya chin from Chrises balls bouncin of it or what?

Evan wrote on Tue, 10 August 2004 08:44

maybe you should change your name to "Arseburner". Twisted Evil

Alright. Stop it guys, there's no need for that sort of talk. If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't risk being banned to say it.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: 2 x AE86's vs R34 GT-R cornering battle movie Tue, 10 August 2004 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have to say this, after going over this thread. It's clearly the non-86 drivers stirring the shit on here. I wont name names but I mean cmon. Somone has posted a video of cars racing ie. check this out guys, how cool is this?. Thats all this is about. Every stirrer out there needs to take a step back and calm down. Do you seriously think we're serious about an ae86 being a better car than the gtr?. It's all firmly tongue in cheek, but yet we have people coming on here and saying stuff like 'this video is bullshit' and 'im sick of ae86s blabbing on about superiority'. You are the guys that are stirring shit on these forums, not us.

If someone posted a vid of say a 3sgte ke30 flying around the track and beating a supra. Would you expect us to come into the thread and point out that

-the video is bs
-all ke30 people are fucked
-you all think the ke30 is the best WELL IT ISNT, NA NA NA NA NA NA NA YOU GUYS THINK UR SO GOOD, NA NA NA NA NA

Why do people do this? Besides the people that are just stirring for fun (which is cool) But im talking about the people who are dead serious about it. Chill out.

Its definately a case (or cases) of tall poppy syndrome. Somone posts a vid of an ae86 and says check it out people, and the next owner sez 'w00t go the 86'. Then all hell breaks loose. Why? Just let them be content in their opinoin. You DONT have to tear people down ok? Some opinoins might be crazy and out there... but you cant change their point of view, got nothing nice to say? dont say anything at all.

[Updated on: Tue, 10 August 2004 00:33]

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 2 x AE86's vs R34 GT-R cornering battle movie Tue, 10 August 2004 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Tue, 10 August 2004 10:32

I have to say this, after going over this thread. It's clearly the non-86 drivers stirring the shit on here. I wont name names but I mean cmon. Somone has posted a video of cars racing ie. check this out guys, how cool is this?. Thats all this is about. Every stirrer out there needs to take a step back and calm down. Do you seriously think we're serious about an ae86 being a better car than the gtr?. It's all firmly tongue in cheek, but yet we have people coming on here and saying stuff like 'this video is bullshit' and 'im sick of ae86s blabbing on about superiority'. You are the guys that are stirring shit on these forums, not us.

If someone posted a vid of say a 3sgte ke30 flying around the track and beating a supra. Would you expect us to come into the thread and point out that

-the video is bs
-you all think the ke30 is the best WELL IT ISNT, NA NA NA NA NA NA NA YOU GUYS THINK UR SO GOOD, NA NA NA NA NA

Why do people do this? Besides the people that are just stirring for fun (which is cool) But im talking about the people who are dead serious about it. Chill out.

Its definately a case (or cases) of tall poppy syndrome. Somone posts a vid of an ae86 and says check it out people, and the next owner sez 'w00t go the 86'. Then all hell breaks loose. Why? Just let them be content in their opinoin. You DONT have to tear people down ok? Some opinoins might be crazy and out there... but you cant change their point of view, got nothing nice to say? dont say anything at all.

Thank you. case closed.
p.s. sorry Nark but he asked for it.

[Updated on: Tue, 10 August 2004 00:44]

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: 2 x AE86's vs R34 GT-R cornering battle movie Tue, 10 August 2004 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Tue, 10 August 2004 10:32

-the video is bs

I think the problem that some people have is the frequency of such posts with regards to the AE86.
AE86 owners (and Corolla drivers in general) tend to feel the need to justify their choice in front of others.

That's why I like picking on you guys, poke you a little bit and you'll bite and provide me with hours of fun. Smile

It's a lot harder with other drivers 'coz they're comfortable with their cars and don't feel the need to justify themselves.
Try to get a Celica driver worked up about his car... We're content with our choice of a Real Mans Car(TM) instead of a shopping trolley... Laughing
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: 2 x AE86's vs R34 GT-R cornering battle movie Tue, 10 August 2004 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a sprinter!
mick Smile
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: 2 x AE86's vs R34 GT-R cornering battle movie Tue, 10 August 2004 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Point taken Nark. Banter is fine, You can bate me all day and I wont bite Very Happy It just seems like a few too many people were getting serious and creating animosity on the board.. Meh.. Razz
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 2 x AE86's vs R34 GT-R cornering battle movie Tue, 10 August 2004 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Tue, 10 August 2004 10:58

It's a lot harder with other drivers 'coz they're comfortable with their cars and don't feel the need to justify themselves.
Try to get a Celica driver worked up about his car... We're content with our choice of a Real Mans Car(TM) instead of a shopping trolley... Laughing

Too true Nark, I mean everyone knows that a stock GTR or "well tuned" sprinter is no match for the sheer outstanding performance and looks of such a legendary engineering marvel as a Celica. Evil or Very Mad
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: 2 x AE86's vs R34 GT-R cornering battle movie Tue, 10 August 2004 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha Yup. Especially in the looks department...

Nothing can compare to the true hideousness of the RA60... Laughing
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 2 x AE86's vs R34 GT-R cornering battle movie Tue, 10 August 2004 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
R O F L M A O ! ! !

Seriously guys - plz stop flaming each other about your cars - THEY'RE ALL EQUALLY LAME & SLOW!!!!!!

Muhhahahahahaha hehehe.....

Majorly funny stuff reading through this thread - so funny!!!

ohh boy - my ribs hurt... anyhoo-

back to the original topic though, while I wait for the vid to D/load: any car can be made fast on a tight circuit with sticky tyres and low weight. I race clubman-Karts, and changing tyre brands last year gained everyone around 1 second per lap, over a 44 second lap. Not bad, for 14hp engines eh? Each kilogram costs around 0.1 seconds per lap too, in the Kart. Driver+Kart = 135->165kg, b.t.w. -gain 10kg? there's 1 second lost per lap!! D'OH!!
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: 2 x AE86's vs R34 GT-R cornering battle movie Tue, 10 August 2004 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so u kart drivers must have diets like jockys then Wink lol
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 2 x AE86's vs R34 GT-R cornering battle movie Tue, 10 August 2004 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is sort of related to the braking thing. Does anyone have the formula to determine how much "grip" a tire exerts on the ground in relation to its surface area (include coef of friction + force applied). It's one thing thats been bugging me for ages, ie would a 1600kg car with 2 times the tire area corner just as fast as a 800kg car with half the tire area as the 1600kg car (keep suspension etc all the same to reduce variables). I'm guessing not but i just want some other opinions first
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 2 x AE86's vs R34 GT-R cornering battle movie Tue, 10 August 2004 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Intensevil: There's no simple answer to your tyre question, as tyres are super-duper tricky things to model. Their responses to loadings and forces varies dramatically with how much weight is on them. You'd have to ask a tyre-company guru.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: 2 x AE86's vs R34 GT-R cornering battle movie Wed, 11 August 2004 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have the fomula plus nearly every other you could think of in motor racing but you dont need the fomula to work it out! a fomula one car is around the 800kg mark but uses wings to create an extra 1100kg or there abouts (as an example) of downforce this is used to load the tires. more weight on a tire the harder it is to push sideways. there are really basic lateral load caculations about on the net but the complex ones as used by the race teams take alot of work and most are a well kept secret!
mick
another hint!dont alway think width of a tyre.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: 2 x AE86's vs R34 GT-R cornering battle movie Wed, 11 August 2004 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark: i thought celica's were hairdressers cars??? *trys to get nark worked up* hahahaha

As for the vid, gonna download and watch when i get home Razz.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: 2 x AE86's vs R34 GT-R cornering battle movie Wed, 11 August 2004 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Really manly hairdressers.... Laughing
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:S14 gutter trick
Next Topic:Custom Front and Rear Swaybars !
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 08:30:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0083889961242676 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.