Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Infringement Notice - Need info Tue, 10 August 2004 02:39 Go to next message
Hi guys.

I just got a wonderful blue letter from the Victorian Police telling me that I was speeding the other day. Now while I'm fairly sure I was going slower than what's on the notice, I was going a bit quickly as I thought I was in a 60 zone, not a 50 zone. Anyway, that's not the point.

What I wanted to ask was, what are the laws with positioning of speed cameras in Victoria? I was under the impression that speed cameras with a flash are only allowed to flash you from the rear. Is that true?

[Updated on: Tue, 10 August 2004 02:39]

Send a private message to this user    
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Infringement Notice - Need info Tue, 10 August 2004 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Infringement Notice - Need info Tue, 10 August 2004 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Tue, 10 August 2004 12:39

I was under the impression that speed cameras with a flash are only allowed to flash you from the rear. Is that true?

Nope not correct unfortunately. The only reason speed cameras are meant to be taking shots of the rear is to get motorbikes.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Infringement Notice - Need info Tue, 10 August 2004 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well now I'm getting contradicting information. I'm gonna go to civic compliance and see if they can show me the photo, and the law.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Infringement Notice - Need info Tue, 10 August 2004 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Tue, 10 August 2004 21:22

Well now I'm getting contradicting information. I'm gonna go to civic compliance and see if they can show me the photo, and the law.

You should also be able to go to a public library and see the manual the police follow when setting up the cameras.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Infringement Notice - Need info Tue, 10 August 2004 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In NSW, there must be 3 signs and then a speed camera. Not sure if its the same for you guys Confused
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Infringement Notice - Need info Tue, 10 August 2004 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.law.gov.au
http://www.efa.org.au/
http://www.nla.gov.au/oz/law.html#intro

check out some of them for info on laws, i was up all morning looking at traffic laws in australia inwhich there are some very wierd laws and regulations Confused
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Infringement Notice - Need info Tue, 10 August 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you think that's weird, check these out:
http://www.dumblaws.com/laws.php?site=laws Laughing
Toy SX
Regular

April 2003

Re: Infringement Notice - Need info Tue, 10 August 2004 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ask them for the photo of your car.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Infringement Notice - Need info Tue, 10 August 2004 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Tue, 10 August 2004 21:54

In NSW, there must be 3 signs and then a speed camera. Not sure if its the same for you guys Confused

Not like that at all here. Speed detection is done in secret to catch people out.
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: Infringement Notice - Need info Tue, 10 August 2004 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Tue, 10 August 2004 22:11

If you think that's weird, check these out:
http://www.dumblaws.com/laws.php?site=laws Laughing

Quote:

Taxi cabs are required to carry a bale of hay in the trunk

Laughing
Toy SX
Regular

April 2003

Re: Infringement Notice - Need info Tue, 10 August 2004 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Tue, 10 August 2004 23:43

Not like that at all here. Speed detection is done in secret to catch people out.

As i said, ask them to send you the photo of your car to show actual proof.

Lemme check out the Vic legislation and get back to you.
Sigmeister
Regular

June 2004
Re: Infringement Notice - Need info Wed, 11 August 2004 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Tue, 10 August 2004 23:13

You have already said that you were speeding. Why not just pay the fine and be done with it??
Toy SX
Regular

April 2003

Re: Infringement Notice - Need info Wed, 11 August 2004 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vic police allow a limit of up to 3km/h error margin. I know if you do the crime, pay the time (or cop the fine)....but he does have the right to doubt until evidence is shown.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Infringement Notice - Need info Wed, 11 August 2004 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was only a few Ks over 50 when I checked my speed. Definitely not the 10kms over the notice says I was (or 7ks after the 3 ks off). I was just comming out of a corner, so I hadn't gotten up to speed yet. Tell you what though having a flash go off right in your face isn't pleasant at all.

I was happy to pay my other speeding fines, as I was over the limit and the camera was set up correctly. I'm not gonna pay fines when they jack up the speed and set a camera up dangerously if I don't have to.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Infringement Notice - Need info Wed, 11 August 2004 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just say 60 in a 50 isnt excessive http://www.ls1.com/Train/smiles/haha.gif

Sorry about the hijack, but how do i get this smilie to show up?

[Updated on: Wed, 11 August 2004 13:37]

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Infringement Notice - Need info Wed, 11 August 2004 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Wed, 11 August 2004 23:33

Just say 60 in a 50 isnt excessive http://www.ls1.com/Train/smiles/haha.gif

Sorry about the hijack, but how do i get this smilie to show up?

I wasn't even doing 60 by my speedo anyway.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Infringement Notice - Need info Wed, 11 August 2004 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing then say 55 in a 50 Razz
Sigmeister
Regular

June 2004
Re: Infringement Notice - Need info Wed, 11 August 2004 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think, by law, whether you are doing 1 or 10 over the limit, the fine is the same anyway.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Infringement Notice - Need info Thu, 12 August 2004 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought there was a 4-5km/h buffer Confused Maybe its just a myth but thats wat i heard
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Infringement Notice - Need info Thu, 12 August 2004 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm pretty sure that theres a 10% for error of margin in QLD,(example 110 km/h in a 100km/h zone,55km/h in a 50km/h zone) not to sure though, they could also say your speedos out, they have to show you your speed and a photo of your car to bung that shit on!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Infringement Notice - Need info Thu, 12 August 2004 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They take 3km/h off your recorded number, and then - apparently - don't book you if you where only 2kms over. That gives you a 5km/h buffer.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Infringement Notice - Need info Thu, 12 August 2004 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sigmeister wrote on Wed, 11 August 2004 14:53

Shraka wrote on Tue, 10 August 2004 23:13

You have already said that you were speeding. Why not just pay the fine and be done with it??

By paying the fine straight away your agreeing to the "revenue raising" being done by the gov. What ever happend to innocent untill proven guilty (which i believe is the way that nims goin)
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Infringement Notice - Need info Sat, 14 August 2004 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like I said, this is my third speeding fine and the only one I don't think I should have to pay under our current laws. I think my first fine should have been waved, but that's a matter of my thinking the law is too tight. I definitely deserved my second fine though.
Toy SX
Regular

April 2003

Re: Infringement Notice - Need info Sun, 15 August 2004 08:31 Go to previous message
There is something called natural justice ie. innocent until proven guilty. Shraka, just keep denying it until they produce proof of your car speeding ie. the photo of your car including the speed.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:wat type do you like
Next Topic:Lesson Learned!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:58:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068638324737549 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.