Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mamu
Occasional Poster

August 2004
The Old and the New - S13 to MA61 Tue, 10 August 2004 06:58 Go to next message
Regretfully it is a change for the worse considering what i have lost/Crashed.

Please enjoy the works of my previous pride and joy which now only rests in the heart as the one that got away...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/mamu/110816 65.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/mamu/110815 95.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/mamu/110814 54.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/mamu/110814 03.jpg

And now my new baby which will be due for some much needed enhancements...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/mamu/image0 05small.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/mamu/image0 01small.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
wolf
Regular

June 2004
icon14.gif  Re: The Old and the New - S13 to MA61 Tue, 10 August 2004 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love that subtle but tough "street fighter" look on both cars. Did the S13 have any performance upgrades? Must say, that is one of the best MA61's I have ever seen. What are your plans for it?
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: The Old and the New - S13 to MA61 Tue, 10 August 2004 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a black ma61 with good paint

im jealous!

Looks AWESOME!
mamu
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: The Old and the New - S13 to MA61 Tue, 10 August 2004 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers guys,
Actually i spent over 30g on the s13 (most of which was only for maintainance - 3engines/4 clutches/3 gearboxes/5 turbo's... etc) but in its peak it was a 1.8 with a high flowed s15 turbo and i could do sub 13secs in the quarter mile.

In regards to the ma61 thats how i bought it... and the body was the only reason i bought it, perfectly straight and a killer paint job. The engine however is totally screwed (overheating). But i plan on a twin turbo upgrade... not sure what to get but was thinking of the newer 1995 model shaped supra engine. Unless any1 with experience in this area should persuade me otherwise. I dont want to go over the top with this, just a decent reliable car that can pull the 13 seconds will do me just fine.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: The Old and the New - S13 to MA61 Tue, 10 August 2004 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha well norbie has that engine (2JZGTE) and does 12 sec passes.

The 1jzgte is a cheaper alternative.
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: The Old and the New - S13 to MA61 Thu, 12 August 2004 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I must say, I love your rims too. What exactly are they?

-J-
mamu
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: The Old and the New - S13 to MA61 Thu, 12 August 2004 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for the s13 i got 18" speedy hyperfang chromes put on.

And i bought the ma61 already with 17" Speedy's on them.
They look good, but i think a pair of polished Simmons 5-spokes with offsets to meet the gaurds would do more justice to the car... (if anybody is selling Smile
mamu
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: The Old and the New - S13 to MA61 Thu, 12 August 2004 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is what i am talking about... By far (in my opinion) the best example of a good set of rims for the ma61

http://www.onthenet.com.au/~paulp/supra/
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: The Old and the New - S13 to MA61 Thu, 12 August 2004 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very nice supra there, very nice...

you need some mags with dish- theres some nice examples on www.celicasupra.com...

as far as engines, norbie's done the 2jz-gte, theres a fair few who have done the 1jz-gte and 7m-gte as well... all results are supposed to be fairly quick....so im told Cool
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: The Old and the New - S13 to MA61 Thu, 12 August 2004 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Om's baby yeah

http://members.optushome.com.au/dbhebuild/dynoday.jpg
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: The Old and the New - S13 to MA61 Thu, 12 August 2004 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blacksupra, that look awesome Shocked
mamu
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: The Old and the New - S13 to MA61 Fri, 13 August 2004 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What engine is in "om's baby"? what sort of costs would i be looking at? and is it reliable?

For interior i'm not sure what to do with the striped old/beige/black patern... Since im not big on spending huge money doin up furniture, i was thinking of gettin a couple of cans of black vinyl/farbic spray and givin that a go. Has any1 already tried that because i would love to know how that stuff actually turns out before i ruin/enhance my seats and doors?
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: The Old and the New - S13 to MA61 Fri, 13 August 2004 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's blacksupras beast- 121rwkw 2jz-ge (new supra engine, non turbo)

best ask him for the details though.... Very Happy
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: The Old and the New - S13 to MA61 Fri, 13 August 2004 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah what riley said 2jzge, that should have been 'OM's': "baby yeah" In reference to the Simmons OM's rims.

Engine is pretty damn reliable, atm its pretty much stock standard (engine anyway), but its a bunch of fun through the twisties. Going to get it engineered soon, then 1/4 times Smile

And note carefully the interior. Its the 85 model weave as opposed to the early model stripes. Try and find yourself a woven interior and save yourself the hassle.

Although finding one will be UBER hard.

EDIT: Details here: http://www.norbie.net/ifli4u/

[Updated on: Fri, 13 August 2004 07:46]

Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: The Old and the New - S13 to MA61 Fri, 13 August 2004 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think im the only one that likes the blue pinstriped interior Laughing
mamu
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: The Old and the New - S13 to MA61 Fri, 13 August 2004 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good... but i think finding a complete 85 interior in good nick would be as hard as a horse on heat, let alone the costs.

I'm a turbo freak, however after looking at the costs involved for a twin turbo engine!!!! i think the 2jz-ge getting 121rwkw on standard will do me fine.

Hmmm... i think the first mod will have to be a 3rd party Fuel Controller for myself! (Girlfriend's thumb to crawl under)
Otherwise it looks like this car (which was sposed to be just an A to B) may be damaging to my wallet Crying or Very Sad
stereomike
Regular

February 2004
Re: The Old and the New - S13 to MA61 Sat, 14 August 2004 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very, very nice supra dude. seriously slick!
1983supra
Regular

I supported Toymods

July 2002
Re: The Old and the New - S13 to MA61 Sun, 15 August 2004 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Veeery nice, good condition black ones are getting extremely rare.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The Old and the New - S13 to MA61 Mon, 16 August 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OMFG that is a nice Supra Smile Kudos to the purchase, I think that thing deserves a 1JZGTE, although I'll attest BlackSupra's 2JZGE makes it one fun car to drive Smile
mamu
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: The Old and the New - S13 to MA61 Mon, 16 August 2004 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx all...

Supra Update Crying or Very Sad

had a parking accident!!!
early one morning when nobody is around i was reverse parking ito 90degree spot. so looking over my right shoulder 'slowly' reversing in... i'm bout halfway there when i hear this horn and bang! i hit this massive bull bar on my rear left corner. it was a 4wd waiting to go through. Yeah fair enough i should have seen him, but cmon, he would have clearly seen me??? shouldn't he have reversed if he was too close? or at least honk earlier?i mean the amount of time he would of had to do something more than just sit there would merrit a f$#king asshole in my books. I'm confused as to 1 where the hell he came from.. and 2 what the hell was he thinking? Or issit just plainly my fault. Absolutely no damage to his car btw.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The Old and the New - S13 to MA61 Mon, 16 August 2004 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any damage to the Supra?
mamu
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: The Old and the New - S13 to MA61 Mon, 16 August 2004 02:24 Go to previous message
Yeah the corner of the boot is all bent in... and out of alignment with the car... the tail light which is tinted and has a shiny coating over it needs replacing, my side vent is gone but lucky minimal damages to the side panel, just needs a minor patch up.

I've already got another tail light at $75 bucks, and its already tinted, but still trying to find out how to make it shiny like the right side, sum ppl sugessted clear laquer. i'm gonna attempt to patch up the boot myself as they want to charge me $750 for this job. Luckily no claims made by the other guy.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My 2 Rides...
Next Topic:AE86 Custom bar. (Just undeacoated!) Updated More Pics!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 12:50:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.12846302986145 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.