Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Lap times of Hume Go Karts Sun, 08 August 2004 12:34 Go to next message
Hey all,
Just went go karting at Hume (ACT). Best lap time was 29.39 in traffic.
I was wishing for 6 laps where I could go all out and try for a fast time, but it was not to be. Sad

Anyone else got lap times at the track?

How did you find the track? I hated it. Too many hairpins and too short.
Even if you corner faster than someone, you didn't have enough of a run to get ahead of them to take the correct line on the next corner, so you'd have to tuck back in behind them or run wide.
  Send a private message to this user    
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Lap times of Hume Go Karts Mon, 09 August 2004 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't remember the exact time, but I did a couple of high 28's, the majority were 29's and 30's, with only 3 of us on the track,.

I find the track pretty bad actually, way to many sharp turns, and the last hairpin before you exit the shed is terrible, very little space to move,.. and the karts aren't consistant at all, if you pick a dud kart, your fucked Smile

Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Lap times of Hume Go Karts Mon, 09 August 2004 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i find on shorter tracks that sometimes to get in front one must fight dirty Wink
a little friendly nudging doesnt go astray and it spices up the race for the other drivers Very Happy
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Lap times of Hume Go Karts Mon, 09 August 2004 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I've got three bleeding nuckles as a testament to the dirty driving. One of the guys pushed me into the tyrewall so that he could get in front. Skull - Mad
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Lap times of Hume Go Karts Tue, 10 August 2004 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The last time I went to hume I ran 28's and 29's, two guys with us ran a few 27's toward the end of the session. I have seen time cards with high 26's on them (they must bring out a special cart for that!).

But yeah, track is ok fun, you got to nudge a few people into the harpins to make room for yourself and the carts vary in performance a heap.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Lap times of Hume Go Karts Tue, 10 August 2004 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I reckon I'd be capable of maybe mid-28s if I was given a clean run.
27's with lots of practice, but 26 I can't imagine being able to do.
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Lap times of Hume Go Karts Tue, 10 August 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
26's??

That must be a track record,.. while I was in Perth their outdoor track is about 4 meters wide and really long, the karts were capable of ~70kph, and you barely had to slow down.... it was heaps of fun..
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Lap times of Hume Go Karts Tue, 10 August 2004 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have seen the time cards with the 26's but I would suspect it was done with a good driver and a better cart than the general public can get a hold of!

Tyre arrangment on that track affects the times a bit too, especially through the hairpins just before you head out of the shed. After they took a few wallops in our session it made it much slower through the second hairpin.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Lap times of Hume Go Karts Tue, 10 August 2004 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You guys been to Eastern Creek?

13hp karts... SoooOOOoo fun....
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Lap times of Hume Go Karts Tue, 10 August 2004 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My brother and I owned a J Kart about 5 years ago, and we used to take it to fairburn every now and then, I once watched a 250cc, 5speed, watercooled go kart burn around fairburn at 100kph+ Shocked

and he was only up to third gear. Fairburn didn't have a long enough straight. this little machine was awesome...
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Lap times of Hume Go Karts Tue, 10 August 2004 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
250cc shifter karts = mega fast

4 seconds per lap quicker around calder park than a V8 Supercar!

I only race in the mighty 100cc Yamaha Kt100s - all 14hp of it!! Crying or Very Sad

oh well. at least I get to race Very Happy
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Lap times of Hume Go Karts Tue, 10 August 2004 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive done a few laps in the 27`s Smile Smile some karts are alot faster then the others i must say
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Lap times of Hume Go Karts Tue, 10 August 2004 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man the best I have gotton is like 34sec, but I am a big fat bastard so power to weight isn't kind to me, plus is was drifting too much through the corners Very Happy
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Lap times of Hume Go Karts Wed, 11 August 2004 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Big Kart Track on the sunshine coast is a great track, especially with the better karts on the track Very Happy
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: Lap times of Hume Go Karts Wed, 11 August 2004 03:30 Go to previous message
The best time from when the CCG had an excursion to Hume Go-karts was a 28.41. My best time was a 28.57, all the other laps I was having too much fun playing dodgems Very Happy

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=34316&start=0&rid=3692&S=19235494e47 59147c5177e6baa5a7e26
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:BF GOODRICH GFORCE DRAG RADIALS or NITTO's
Next Topic:What to do with Cruise control???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 00:25:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059211254119873 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.