Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » Info/conversion for 1991 Toyota Camry V6

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
stevegee
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Info/conversion for 1991 Toyota Camry V6 Thu, 26 September 2002 09:57 Go to next message
Hi all, I own a 1991 Toyota Camry which runs a small vee6 and automatic. I don't see this vehicle mentioned in despatches, but think it would make a good project, if I can talk the wife into parting with it.
Its fully imported and is the narrow bodied unit.
I lost the manual so dont know the diff ratio, type, horsepower or anything much. It cruises at exactly 3000 rpm for 120 kph which is the same as the 3S engined wagon.
It is pretty quick but lacks acceleration, does about 180 with the auto. I suspect its less than 3 litres. Quad cam.
It handles well, albeit a tad heavy has fwdiscs 15inch alloy wheel and luxury inside incl climate control, good stereo.

Is there a manual box that will fit and any power upgrades without major engine refit.

Maybe the later Camry Vee6?

I'm also interested in shoving a 3SGTE into a RAV 4 but again lack infomation about whether any has bothered yet.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 September 2002 10:01]

Send a private message to this user    
spr1nt3r
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: Info/conversion for 1991 Toyota Camry V6 Fri, 27 September 2002 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
probably the wrong area for this post and i suggest it be moved?

anyway i belive the camry you have came with a 2.5 v6

http://www.drive.com.au/buy/market_value/car_detai ls.asp?nvic=UDX&make=TOYOTA&model=CAMRY&am p;series=&year=1991&body=4D+SEDAN

117kw
215NM

final ratio 3.933

1320kg

seems reasonable... shame about the auto though
SmellyTofu
Regular

May 2002
Re: Info/conversion for 1991 Toyota Camry V6 Fri, 04 October 2002 13:42 Go to previous message
Go the 3SGTE in auto. The auto should be "controllable" enough to tame the turbo. Or tone down the turbo boost so you don't end up in a tree. This was my plans before in the old Camry (as well as finding a 2nd or 3rd Gen 3SGE) but nothing eventuated coz of cost of replacing every consumable part.

I saw a 2VZ-FE having the heads rebuilt and I wouldn't want to pay for that kind of repairs. Going to a 3VZ would be insane and make the car really front heavy. I've driven the 2VZ Camry and it's a sweet engine with a nice note. You don't feel the speed in that car since it's so quiet.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:For Sale - AE86
Next Topic:1984 CELICA - URGENT SALE
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 05:28:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045650005340576 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.