Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
icon2.gif  Police Excuses Wed, 11 August 2004 12:48 Go to next message
I watched A Current Affair tonight about police speeding and getting away with it with dumb ass excuses which we all would get fu**ed on Mad

One of them was doing 85 in a 60, and their superintendent wrote to the RTA saying that "85 in a 60 isn't excessive" WTF?!?!

I know its a minority (hopefully), but what are your views?

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Police Excuses Wed, 11 August 2004 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Minority? What are you talking about? I have never seen a Police car doing the speed limit. I was on the freeway doing 105 and a cop car blasted passed me at about 120-130. No lights of course. Rarely do I see them doing less than 5 kms over.
mr_ice55
Regular

April 2003
Re: Police Excuses Wed, 11 August 2004 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think thats absoulte bullshit, THEY are the ones that should be setting examples for the rest of the motoring community.

I see so many cops speeding, running lights, not giving way. It really shits me, that they seem to think their above the law or it doeesnt apply to them cuz they enforce it.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Police Excuses Wed, 11 August 2004 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The thing that really shit me was that they said 85 in a 60 isnt excessive Mad Although they say "there's no such thing as safe speeding" or 65 in a 60 can fuk you up
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Police Excuses Wed, 11 August 2004 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought they could breach most traffic regulations when undertaking any enforcement duties ... <shrugs>

must have been a slow news day for A Current Affair? or they;ve run out of diet fads and weirdo cults to do stories on?
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Police Excuses Wed, 11 August 2004 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why was it that 3 years ago 60 in what is now a 50 zone was perfectly safe? But now it isn't? What has changed? Why is it that what used to be perfectly safe at 60 isn't now? What I wanna know is has this change in speed limits actualy lowered road fatalities? Oh and this is for Vic, dunno about other states.

And I think it's fine for cops to speed. They are better drivers than average road users... just like me... so why the hell can't I speed?
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Police Excuses Wed, 11 August 2004 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Wed, 11 August 2004 23:53

i thought they could breach most traffic regulations when undertaking any enforcement duties ... <shrugs>

must have been a slow news day for A Current Affair? or they;ve run out of diet fads and weirdo cults to do stories on?

Nope. Can't break the law without the lights and sirens on. At least thats what I have heard from a few sources. What makes them so damned special anyway? Without their lights on they are just as dangerous to other road users as any other car. It's all bullshit.
MU553R
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Police Excuses Wed, 11 August 2004 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i second dat! Mad
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Police Excuses Wed, 11 August 2004 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"By law we're all equal" *cough*bullshit*cough* Rolling Eyes
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Police Excuses Wed, 11 August 2004 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've almost been t-boned by a cop that ran a red without using lights/siren etc. Mad
Guess i woulda been a really rich boy if they did (witnesses all around)

Guilty untill proven innocent for ya av citizen, not guilty even if proven guilty for cops.
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Police Excuses Thu, 12 August 2004 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Frustrates me when they sit at a set of traffic lights then get bored there so the put their lights & siren on, drive through the traffic lights, then once they reach the other side of the intersection they turn everything off & just cruise away,
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Police Excuses Thu, 12 August 2004 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's farked.
I'm guessing reporting their plates wouldn't do much good as it's your word against theirs, plus a million other 'oh your complaint got lost in paperwork' excuses?
Perhaps we should form our own vigilante squads, armed with shotguns and MC Hammer megaphones and perform citizen's arrests.

[Updated on: Thu, 12 August 2004 03:32]

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Police Excuses Thu, 12 August 2004 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beer_is_good wrote on Thu, 12 August 2004 13:32

That's farked.
I'm guessing reporting their plates wouldn't do much good as it's your word against theirs, plus a million other 'oh your complaint got lost in paperwork' excuses?
Perhaps we should form our own vigilante squads, armed with shotguns and MC Hammer megaphones and perform citizen's arrests.

Laughing I'd join that because I have been watching way too much of the Simpsons!
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Police Excuses Thu, 12 August 2004 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Thu, 12 August 2004 16:32

That's farked.

Laughing I'd join that because I have been watching way too much of the Simpsons!

Dont forget the sack full of door-knobs...you gotta provide your own knobs. Love the Simpsons Laughing
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Police Excuses Thu, 12 August 2004 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Thu, 12 August 2004 16:55

mick wrote on Thu, 12 August 2004 16:32

That's farked.

Dont forget the sack full of door-knobs...you gotta provide your own knobs. Love the Simpsons Laughing

Laughing Laughing
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Police Excuses Thu, 12 August 2004 08:04 Go to previous message
shits me hey
saw one the other day driving in peak hour along the hume highway speeding cutting between traffic without indicating and on a fucking mobile !!!!!
great example of what not to do hey
btw anyone got acess to the actual details of that superintendant stating 85 in 60 isnt excessive/dangerous etc ?
might make a nice little precedent...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Need help with certain music category
Next Topic:What was interesting?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 09:03:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049278736114502 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.