Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Karl_skewes
Regular

May 2002
1G Flywheel Differences Thu, 12 August 2004 12:32 Go to next message
Instead of running 3TGTE flywheel, with clutch and pressure plate to suit W55....
I have been told by a friend called Mark that the 1GEU runs a 6 bolt flywheel as well..

Now.. I'm wondering if the 1GGEU and 1GGZE and 1GGTE run a 6 bolt or 8 bolt flywheel... cos mega clutches would be available for these FI motors...

Anyone know?
  Send a private message to this user    
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1G Flywheel Differences Thu, 12 August 2004 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1G GTE and 1G ZGTE have the same 6 bolt mounting as the 3T. They (1G's) are available with a larger clutch disc though.
Karl_skewes
Regular

May 2002
Re: 1G Flywheel Differences Thu, 12 August 2004 20:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok... I wonder if they have the same flywheel as the 1geu... or 1ggeu.... better ring toyota.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1G Flywheel Differences Thu, 12 August 2004 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a spare 1G-GE flywheel i could probably get some measurments from on saturday. I have a feeling tho the 1G-GE will be the same as the 3T-GTE and the 1G-GTE and 1G-GZE will have a larger friction surface.

if your interested email me a reminder

rsturzen AT bigpond DOT net DOT au

Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1G Flywheel Differences Fri, 13 August 2004 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the different gens of 1g-gte had differing size flywheels. the 3rd gen had a slightly larger flywheel.
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1G Flywheel Differences Fri, 13 August 2004 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 1G-GEU flywheel is the same as a 3T-GT. These have a much smaller friction surface and cosequently the pressure plate and clutch plate are smaller than the 1G-GTE and 1G-GZE. Try something like and 18RG, or maybe even an "M" series from a Crown/MKII.

regards Chuck,
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1G Flywheel Differences Fri, 13 August 2004 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 1g flywheel is a 6 bolt and will fit up to a 3t, however gen 1 and gen 2 1gs had a 225mm clutch disc, however the gen 3 had a 236mm clutch disc (this is also the same as a 3sgte). We obviously know that the 236mm clutch would have a greater range of beffier clutches than the 225mm. The different generation flywheels are all the same size however the clutch gear (p.plate and clutch disc) from the gen1&2 will not bolt up to a gen 3 flywheel.
ToNkA
Regular

August 2004
Re: 1G Flywheel Differences Fri, 20 August 2004 06:10 Go to previous message
Found this thread whilst doing a search and thought I would tac my question on....

I am looking for a flywheel for my 1ggze, but I already have my HD hilux clutch. Will all these flywheel variants work with the 1ggze and the Hilux clutch?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Diff ratio in standard G series Torsen?
Next Topic:Adjustable Camber Tops AE 82?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 14:45:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0034840106964111 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.