Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Thu, 12 August 2004 14:43 Go to next message
I would assume:

1) lady owner does not look after car

2) if it is turbocharged, means they done warm it up or cool it down

3) lady owner does not wash car

4) car will have make up on seats and mirror and etc etc etc

5) it will have many small dents, cuz they dont give a shit

6) mags will be scraped

7) probably not been serviced

and finally ....

Cool they probably let their boyfriends drive it / thrash it anyway !

In other words.. i think its bad form advertising it as "lady owner"

any other views ?
  Send a private message to this user    
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Thu, 12 August 2004 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ppl say lady owner because most women are paranoid,
they will get mechanics to service their car(thus repairs done by trained mechanic),
they will not thrash the car,
less likely to be modified,
etc
etc
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Thu, 12 August 2004 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
...which when u read my post just raises those points and the negative sides to them ! Smile
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Thu, 12 August 2004 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok so ur a pesimist, i'm a realist

The majority of the world that reads those sort of adds think that lady owner means good things. If u put Rev head, self modded and repaired, there wouldn't be alot of normal ppl willing to buy the vehicle.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Thu, 12 August 2004 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u are not female by any chance ??

hence so many ppl get fooled when buying a car ! "lady owner" beware lol

personally i would not buy a car that says "lady owner" .. i would check a car on all its merits before buying it ...

but i guess thats the stereotype .. "lady owner" means clean, non scratched, not driven, well looked after car ...
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Thu, 12 August 2004 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lady owners... ppl think its a good thing... but we know its not!

http://www.andreas-fecker.de/exhibits/ladydriver.jpg
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Thu, 12 August 2004 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know the celica is refered as a hairdressers car, and most hairdressers are female or gay. But i sorry to dissapoint you les, i'm a straight male.

This thred is a little pointless if it was to point out how stupid the average person is. As the average person woudln't be on these forums.

b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Thu, 12 August 2004 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lady owners dont drive much usually meaning low mileage. All the car is good for is to send kids to school down the road and grocery shopping. Usually will get their husbands to do servicing etc...
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Fri, 13 August 2004 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i find most females i know, get in their car, as soon as its started, drive off straight away taken it to like 4000-5000rpm when the car is dead cold. Confused
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Fri, 13 August 2004 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha *waits for a female car enthusiest to reply*

On a similar note:
'How to Pass a Driving Test'

http://img59.exs.cx/img59/4135/howtopassadrivingtest.jpg
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Fri, 13 August 2004 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Draza wrote on Fri, 13 August 2004 02:46

I know the celica is refered as a hairdressers car, and most hairdressers are female or gay. But i sorry to dissapoint you les, i'm a straight male.

This thred is a little pointless if it was to point out how stupid the average person is. As the average person woudln't be on these forums.

chiil bro - i drive a hairdressers mobile too
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Fri, 13 August 2004 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les mate im with ya, i read those ads and get a bit iffy cause now everyone is putting it on ads!

i recon its a sham and only buy a car after i look at it
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Fri, 13 August 2004 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perhaps "Lady owner" is written in the ad in the hope of attracting single deevo men to come look at the car and potentially buy it Laughing

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Fri, 13 August 2004 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Fri, 13 August 2004 12:44

Perhaps "Lady owner" is written in the ad in the hope of attracting single deevo men to come look at the car and potentially buy it Laughing

ahha i think u hit the nail on the head there hahahah
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Fri, 13 August 2004 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon its coz men are known to thrash cars to the shitter Razz Women and less likely to redline every gear, but rather sedately Rolling Eyes
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Fri, 13 August 2004 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The theory use to be that a lady/woman/female owner and/or driver would,
A Not thrash the car
B Every time it even looked or sounded different it would be booked in for service or repair.
C Not drive much and treat the car like a pet or their own child.

Some strong basis in the perception that women do look after cars 'better' than males but you have to balance it with the fact that lots will drive the car until it stops dead if it sounds OK...Whats this business about checking oil and water and what does that red light mean and does it matter??

This is I realise a massive generalisation on my part but overall its a sad truth that some classic salvagable cars have been flogged to death because it was "an old car and who cares".

I have 2 daughters and they were both made to understand what it was all about as they were being taught to drive...I think in the more enlightened times that we now enjoy the standard of care should be equal...that said I am always on the look out for "granny" cars... Laughing Laughing Laughing
boxh34d
Regular

May 2004
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Fri, 13 August 2004 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in reply to greg's post, what's this thing about checking oil and water??
i read a paper the other week to see " 2003 model holden astra. black, 3500 kms.
air con, power steer, CD player, cruise, fast glass, all the shit that salesmen love etc etc
$4500 AUD!!!!!!!!!!
the mind starts ticking over and over thinking what is wrong with this picture.
enquire further about it out of interest, and find that the int and body is still perfect, still got some of the plastic packaging on things...
turns out the 'female owner' had tried the checking oil and water thing...
only problem is, she got it the wrong way around. she topped up her oil into the radiator cap and her water into the top of the engine Shocked Laughing Laughing
motor, cooling system all rooted as she drove it like that for about 1000 of the 3500 ks Razz
i couldnt stop laughing when i read about that....
woman driver ( well looked after, good condition blah blah blah ) lol
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Fri, 13 August 2004 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think its to hide the fact that the wrx may have had the clock wound back, chopped springs, 20inch rims, boosted and scraped over the speed bumps around parra 1000's of times. Laughing Laughing

not that i dont like cruising its just that i preffer more challenging roads. just a thought.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Fri, 13 August 2004 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Female driver = drop heaps off the price.
I know so many chicks that thrash the crap outa there cars. They fix stuff......... when it brakes. Male drivers thrash the crap outa thier cars but often maintain it aswell. Hmmmm thrashed and maintained......... thrashed and not maintained!
Celica73
Regular

May 2002
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Sat, 14 August 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My Thoughts exactly. When I was looking at buy my second car you see all these lady own cars for sale. But what i found really funny was you ring the number and a guy normaly answers the phone, or a lady answers and say "i'll give you to my husband he knows more about it then me". Hmm makes one think before buying it.

Another story I've heard about women and maintaince is from a follow work mate. He was fulling his car up at the petrol station when he heard the car beside him start up. Didn't get out of the station before the engine stopped with a horrible noise. Anyway went over to see what happened. She said i did what my brother told me to do check the oil and water and top them up if they are low, so i filled them. So he took off the oil filler cap and she had filled the oil up to the filler cap.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Sat, 14 August 2004 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha i've heard of people doin that before aswell. Chicks putting diesel in there cars etc. Laughing
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Sat, 14 August 2004 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Fri, 13 August 2004 00:43

I would assume:

6) mags will be scraped

and finally ....

any other views ?

Let's add to the list:

9) Cold start and foot to the floor.

10) Dog drool and hair all over the interior.

11) Kid drool and hair all over the interior.

12) Front repair damage from tailgating.

13) Front suspension/steering damage from hitting gutters.

14) Rear bumper replacements from backing into shit.

15) Rear tailgate full of bog from backing into shit.

16) Almost worn out brake pads from constant sudden stops.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Sun, 15 August 2004 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you mean riding the brake for 16 dont ya? Laughing
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Sun, 15 August 2004 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apollo wrote on Sun, 15 August 2004 00:14

Les wrote on Fri, 13 August 2004 00:43

I would assume:

6) mags will be scraped

and finally ....

any other views ?

Let's add to the list:

9) Cold start and foot to the floor.

10) Dog drool and hair all over the interior.

11) Kid drool and hair all over the interior.

12) Front repair damage from tailgating.

13) Front suspension/steering damage from hitting gutters.

14) Rear bumper replacements from backing into shit.

15) Rear tailgate full of bog from backing into shit.

16) Almost worn out brake pads from constant sudden stops.

17) clutch fucked from riding clutch

18) motor pinging from changing up to soon

19) no oil and no water

20)paint fucked under fuel cap from fuel spilling on paint after filling up the fuel tank
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Sun, 15 August 2004 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Sun, 15 August 2004 10:08

you mean riding the brake for 16 dont ya? Laughing

No, just riding it results in bugger all wear.

You get more wear if you always are hard on the brake too late. Wink
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Sun, 15 August 2004 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riding the brakes for a prolonged time causes excess heat which boils the brake fluid producing bubbles of air in the line = not good
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Sun, 15 August 2004 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79rollaboy wrote on Sun, 15 August 2004 17:45

riding the brakes for a prolonged time causes excess heat which boils the brake fluid producing bubbles of air in the line = not good

Yea, that's true. But it's actually boiling the water that is in the lines due to brake fluid being a water magnet. So I'm lead to believe. Smile

But I was really thinking of earlier lighter braking (which I do), compared to late hard braking.

But yea, I get what you mean by riding the brake like a taxi driver does. Very Happy
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Mon, 16 August 2004 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
before i get my bro in trouble this is his sister.

YOURE A BUNCH OF SEXIST PIGS!!!!!!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i dont know what kind of chicks you meet, ok most dont know a thing about cars but the things u r saying are 100% not true to me. go to hell dickheads. i know plenty of males who dont give a shit about their cars, they beep me in the car park after work waiting for my car spot wen im trying to warm the car up, ive been in fights with old bastards about it, they obviously dont warm their cars up, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR anyway im outa time, i could go on for hours,
YOUREPIGS GO TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CHICKS CAN GIVE A SHIT ABOUT CARS TOO ASSHOLES
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Mon, 16 August 2004 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now now no need to go all crazy on us...

- firstly we are not saying all women but MOST
- secondly when they advertise 'lady owner' the general consensus comes to mind and that is first point
- thirdly my mum has blown 3 heads in 3 cars and when we ask her why she doesnt tell us the temp guage is all the way up she says i didnt think it matters. after 3 cars and she still doesnt realise that it matters and i work on cars all the time (GO FIGURE CAUSE I CANT Confused ) so i am speaking from experience AND ONCE AGAIN MOST NOT ALL
- fourth i agree not ALL men know, my bro doesnt even know what a dip stick is and then he complains to me why the car doesnt work and goes on bout me not fixing it, and when i ask does he check the car he says how do i do that (PLEASE DONT ASK Mad ) hell my sis knows more than him Laughing and im serious!!!!!

anyway just relax cause we are generalising and going by stats here and possibly even experience... hell i can pretty much guarantee we wish all women were like you and knew whats going on BUT ITS NOT THE CASE
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Tue, 17 August 2004 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jessetamsett wrote on Tue, 17 August 2004 08:31

i dont know what kind of chicks you meet, ok most dont know a thing about cars but the things u r saying are 100% not true to me. go to hell dickheads. i know plenty of males who dont give a shit about their cars, they beep me in the car park after work waiting for my car spot wen im trying to warm the car up, ive been in fights with old bastards about it, they obviously dont warm their cars up, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR anyway im outa time, i could go on for hours,

Fuck off if you're just going to come in and flame away little girl. Grow up.

I doubt your brother would like getting banned from here just because you couldn't show some maturity.
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Tue, 17 August 2004 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just thought i might voice my opinion,
Its a fact that a majority more males are into cars more than women, males overal would be more knowledgable in cars and therefore have a better understanding of maintanence.
Women spend too long on themselves when it comes to maintanence (not that i'm complaining Shocked Shocked )
But u could say that about P platers, I've been cut off, seen dickheads yell out shit, tailgate someone hootin their horn at them just coz their going 50 in a 50 zone and not 90kms an hour.
It would be generalistic to say that ALL women don't take care of their cars, coz i know a bunch of women who absolutely adore their car, wash it every week, regular maintanence, oil check, coolant check the whole lot.
I'm not saying every women maintains their car perfect but yeah there blokes out there that treat their cars like shit, never wash it, never service, very rare oil change, etc..

But I wouldn't be relying on whether or not a car has been lady owner, theres more to it than that u all know that, its just a statement, just like the old "One owner" or "regularly Serviced" coz yeah u never know the truth unless its got service history, they could say they did it but yeah if u don't have a history or reciept its a walk in the dark...

By the way,

A Funny story about women drivers from my experience
My mates car (1984 mazda 929 i think) was having like heaps of problems with leaking coolant, it was pissin out of one of the pipes, now i didn't know much about the coolin systems back then but yeah i knew it shouldn't be driven, so yeah we parked the car, and my mates sister decides to jump in the car and decided to start the car, now i couldn't give a shit coz it wasn't my car, so she sits inside, the car is started and what does she do?? FOOT TO THE FLOOR yelling out "HOW COOLS THIS I'M DRIVING", i was cracking myself, she took it to like off the chart hahaha, this thing was screamin its head off, would have been 7500 ish at least, well into the redline, not to mention this was carby so there ain't any rev limiters, went off the chart
This was on a stationary car that had coolant pissing out, barely any in the engine...
Laughing Laughing Laughing

[Updated on: Tue, 17 August 2004 05:20]

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Tue, 17 August 2004 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jessetamsett wrote on Tue, 17 August 2004 08:31

now thats what im talking about ! ... (said in a shannon noll voice)
jaikat
Regular

June 2004
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Tue, 17 August 2004 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You guys don't wont to forget about the fact that (generalisation) most young guys who can't afford the insurance on their new cars put the car in their mum's name. So when they do have to sell it was technically a "ladies car"...
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Tue, 17 August 2004 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry i went nuts yesterday, i jus get really upset when people judge me just for being a girl.
some things you were saying were just too offensive and i lost my cool.
so yeh im sorry, but just rememeber, not all girls are retarded
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Wed, 18 August 2004 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Very Happy Laughing
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Why do ppl say "lady owner" when selling a car ... Wed, 18 August 2004 04:40 Go to previous message
Clown wrote on Wed, 18 August 2004 12:53

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Very Happy Laughing

well obviously if u are on toymods .. u are a sicbitch (i mean that in the nice way) so u can join us in the mocking haha
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Are these standard Supra Wheels?
Next Topic:SA's AE86 gathering
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 08:22:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0084538459777832 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.