Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Hand brake turn Fri, 13 August 2004 21:15 Go to next message
I just had my car for less than 2 weeks. on my way home at 630am, the road was empty and wet. I decided to do a lil 90 degree handbrake turn outside my hse (sth melb. city area). Obviously, not used to the car i did a 180 degree turn. There was a taxi about 50 meters ahead of me stationary. I mistook it for a cop car and made a round before heading home. Found out it was a cab coz my neighbour was coming down frm it. He told me that the next day...
  Send a private message to this user    
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Hand brake turn Sat, 14 August 2004 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I pulled a handbraky into the carpark of the local pub the other night. Usually this pub carpark is totally deserted except for this night when the security guy was standing in it talking to a mate. D'oh! Surprised

He said, "WTF do you think you were doing!!?? You are and idiot!" and looked at me like I had just murdered a kitten... He forgot about it because we were there the week before and had lots of laughs with him when my mate sculled a half bottle of Tobasco at the bar. Laughing
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Hand brake turn Sat, 14 August 2004 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did an incredible one in my Camry... a few cars were driving along Old Logan Rd going into Springfield shops... I took the opportunity to take a right-hander, the entrance into the shops, with style.
Swung the wheel, REEFED the handbrake up something shocking, and the guy behind me in a VN said I must have hit about 80 degrees, that seems about right, as the scenery was going by pretty quickly.
Anyways, my aim was slightly off, I saw two targets ahead, a gutter, or a gutter and a tree.
Took the safer, wider arc and just went for the gutter.
Good fun. Very Happy

By the way, I have a Camry for sale, $500.
Suspension is softer and looser than... well use your imagination.
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Hand brake turn Sat, 14 August 2004 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll always remember this moment...

Young & stupid, i'd owned my first car (UC Torana) about a week. Had a mate who lived at the bottom of a hill. Council had just finished fixing the road so the surface was just about smooth...

Crested the hill one day, saw there were no cars ahead. Clutch in, pulled the handbrake (at about 40kph or so) and slid down the hill pulling into his driveway in the one movement.

Left two loooooong black lines up the hill & his dad was spewin 'cause they led straight back into his driveway Laughing
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Hand brake turn Sat, 14 August 2004 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Conquest wrote on Sat, 14 August 2004 22:04

Left two loooooong black lines up the hill & his dad was spewin 'cause they led straight back into his driveway Laughing

LOL You didn't think about that one did you. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I only pull handbrakies in the wet so I don't flatspot my tyres. At about $200 a tyre for 17's I don't want to be replacing them more often than necissary. Wink
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: Hand brake turn Sun, 15 August 2004 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doing bout 130 on the m2
road was wet and my hand was on the hand brake
ahhahaah that was fun very very very stupid cos i was driving my mates camry and he isnt as adventurous as me behind the weel
i dont think its normal for men to scream in such a hi voice
dimsum
Regular

May 2004
Re: Hand brake turn Thu, 19 August 2004 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahah, i pull handbrakys all the time while i'm working (pizza delievry) The little echo spins around at 60kph.

I tried it in the wet in my corolla....boy was that stupid, just missed a parked car by 10 cm...i dind't expect the car to spin around so fast!
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Hand brake turn Fri, 20 August 2004 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
same thing here man. didnt let go the hand brake soon enough
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Hand brake turn Sun, 22 August 2004 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Handivan Top Speef (about 105kph) doing a handbrakie on a very small street and not hitting a kerb is very invigorating!
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Hand brake turn Sun, 22 August 2004 10:02 Go to previous message
i 've done a couple of those handbrakies into car parks on the opposite side of the street. its pretty scary but its worth trying. Smile But the gutter is unforgiving if you fuck it up.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Moved to Home mechanic war stories
Next Topic:Jerk in a Civic Sedan!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:08:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049729347229004 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.