Toymods » General Car Talk » My dilemma : Old vs. Middle-aged school

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
My dilemma : Old vs. Middle-aged school Sun, 15 August 2004 01:57 Go to next message

What to keep[ 9 vote(s) ]
1.5S-GE TA-23 9 / 100%
2.Rest. ST162 0 / 0%

Well, part of the deal with the oldies in regards to being bailed out for the ST165 (I was a coupla grand short Smile ) was to finish up working on both me cars and then sell one of them (and keep the other one for road use as I plan on turning the 165 into a psycho-rally beast)

So I put to you, which one should I keep? On one hand I have a really neat-o ST162 that I've spent ages fixing and tidying up after years of abuse at the hands of some young tosser, on the other hand, I have a TA-23 that I am planning to stick a 5S-GE into (I also have a spare 2TGEU lying around that I can use temporarily if I like).

Downsides of the TA is that it's a pile of crap, and needs more work than the average K-series engine would need to just start up. Downsides of the ST162 is that is chronically finds new blemishes and parades them about : causing my brain to haemorrage until I strip the car to bits again and replace more stuff...only to realise other stuff needs replacing and hence blowing my budget and making me not put the whole thing back together because I take more shit out of it than I can afford to repair/replace Smile

Send a private message to this user    
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: My dilemma : Old vs. Middle-aged school Sun, 15 August 2004 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my opinion is this... your getting a 165 so i would keep the '23 instead of having a 162 & 165

although the 162 and 165 are different, theya re still the same to me Rolling Eyes confusing myself

but having a 70s one and an 80s one would be cool
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: My dilemma : Old vs. Middle-aged school Sun, 15 August 2004 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would go with the ta23, something that is fairly different from the 165
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My dilemma : Old vs. Middle-aged school Sun, 15 August 2004 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Same. Of course, I don't know your whoel situation, but having an st165 & 162 would be having 2 similar cars. The again, perhaps that could be a good thing, especially if you're goinf to mod the 165 and have nice left over hand-me-downs for the 162.

Why put a 5sge in? Already have the engine? The same amount of work would give you a nice 3sge, or a bit more for the 3sgte.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: My dilemma : Old vs. Middle-aged school Sun, 15 August 2004 11:51 Go to previous message
Yeah, the 5S-GE is not the 5S-FE in case that's what you are thinking. A 5S-GE is exactly that, a 2.2litre S-series block with a belt driven twin cam head + efi. Not the gear driven twin cam like the 5S-FE found in the 1990 Celica SX etc.

I'm leaning towards keeping the TA-23 too...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Learner Drift car, What RWD yous recomend ?
Next Topic:how to tell difference between ra28&ta22 bumper??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:03:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049757957458496 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.