Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

icon10.gif  WTB!! RA28/RA23 celica for project Thu, 26 September 2002 00:25 Go to next message
im looking to build myself a nice GT celica. i already have one RA28, but it has too much rust so i am now looking for preferrably an ra28 without rust (or little rust), but i might just settle for an ra23 considering how hard im finding it getting a nice RA28.
anyway, if you have one for sale, rego/no rego, engine/no engine.. post here please.
these cars are too good to let die!!!

[Updated on: Thu, 26 September 2002 03:44]

Send a private message to this user    
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WTB!! RA29/RA23 celica for project Thu, 26 September 2002 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check the trading post mate there were 3 or 4 RA28's for sale,

www.tradingpost.com.au
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: WTB!! RA29/RA23 celica for project Thu, 26 September 2002 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on top of it mate... there were 3... one is sold, one is rusted up like an iron dunny in the sea, and the other is too pricey and the guy is a wanker (he told me there were only 23 left in the country!!! what Bullshit, they would all be owned by toymodders!!)
im currently going up to karua to check one out that sounds good.
blackRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WTB!! RA28/RA23 celica for project Thu, 26 September 2002 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey i have an ra28 '77 but sorry NOT FOR SALE, i was just wondering how much the going rate for one is these days if theyre in nice condition.. How much are you expecting to pay?
They are rapidly disappering it sucks, but i guess thats all the more why u gotta love em hey..
Mine has gloss black paint, black retrim, perfect body with almost no rust was only a tiny bit around the edge of the boot seal but thats been fixed up, bought it dead stock and put$980 into suspension mods, replaced all steering bushings, its got extractors on the 18Rc with a 2" pipe + 1 muffler, brand new detailing on all grills and metal all powdercoated silver, chrome is all perfect accross whole car, average tape stezza with american audio 6x9's, sports wheel, black fake leather console w/gear boot and armrest box, dash all fairly perfect w/mat, roof reapolstered with black velour, all electrics work + AC. Engine is pretty flawless and goes perfect starts everytime.
Heaps tidy car... I dont think i would ever part with it. If i could get the right offer i was thinking of buying an 18rgeu powered ra, but im probably going to convert this one, Just curios how much people pay for them these days as ive seen ones go for $5000.. i think thats about all id take i think !! having put heaps of time and money into it
good luck- go the ra28's
Take it easy
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: WTB!! RA28/RA23 celica for project Thu, 26 September 2002 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
these days, it all depends on who you are buying them from. lovers of the ra28 wont part with them unless you're willing to fork out big G's, like yourself, but thats usually because they are in top nick. you can pick the occasional one up for less than 2K from unbeknownst sellers, but its rare that u even find them for sale, let alone find a good one for sale. (trust me... 6 months ive been looking)
my current one has a nice green/blue metallic paint job, but has waaay too much rust. its got the 18rgu, extractors, 2" pipe and muffler, same style console as yours blackra28, simmons, complete whiteline suspension kit, retrimmed interior to match the supra seats and some other random bits and pieces.
this new one im looking at will be getting new paint (dunno what colour yet) the retrimming, seats engine blah blah...

on the note of painting... who did u use to get yours painted, and how much did it cost?
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: WTB!! RA28/RA23 celica for project Fri, 27 September 2002 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I managed to pick up a RA23 about 6 weeks ago for only $600. I was quite suprised at that. It's not in the best condition but it won't take much to get it looking good. It's got a rebuilt engine that's only done about 10,000 and cost the guy $800 to get rebuilt. The body is in great condition. The only rust is in the 2 doors, the boot and the bonnett but I've got spare's of those in good condition sitting at home. The interior was a bit crappy (usual cracked dash) but I've got a really clean interior in one of my others to swap over. I figure with 3 RA23's I'll be able to make one really good one. I will be selling one in a couple of months when I get this new one on the road but it's got a lot of rust in it.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: WTB!! RA28/RA23 celica for project Fri, 27 September 2002 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks dudette (heehee), but i already have one ra28 with rust.. i drive it around everyday <<<<<see here!
man, i tried all of the celicas in this weeks TP, but all were gone by this morning, except i havent tried the ra28 for $2600 again (he is asking waay too much)....
oh well... i continue to search... it might have to be a case of settling for an ra23 (i wanna RA28 Crying or Very Sad )
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: WTB!! RA28/RA23 celica for project Fri, 27 September 2002 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My brothers mate has one and it is in mint condition, and it's really stock. If something needs to be fixed or replaced he won't upgrade. Apparently he recoed the original steering wheel instead of replacing it. It also goes really well. I don't know if he's selling it but I could ask next time I see him, even though it's in Melbourne.
Cheers
Sheena Smile
Cory
Regular

June 2002

Re: WTB!! RA28/RA23 celica for project Fri, 27 September 2002 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've been looking for an ra28 for ages, still no luck Crying or Very Sad . i see one for sale about once a month in the trading post and its either crap or it sold by the time i get round to it. (way too much uni work Sad )

if is for sale i'd be very interested, thats if witzl doesnt want it.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: WTB!! RA28/RA23 celica for project Fri, 27 September 2002 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHA!! well i would very much like to have it... evern if its in melbourne thats not a problem for me
i can travel.... i got FISRT DIBS!! Very Happy
Cory
Regular

June 2002

Re: WTB!! RA28/RA23 celica for project Fri, 27 September 2002 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mad damn you. Mad

seems i'll just have to keep looking Crying or Very Sad

i was counting on you being too lazy to travel for it. I still got second dibs though.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WTB!! RA28/RA23 celica for project Fri, 27 September 2002 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i spent over 6 months looking for a decent RA28, then one popped up in the trading post all original condition, with extremely low kms on the clock, i rang up at 8am, left a message, she rang back at 8:30am and said it was sold.... so i spent my money on a 1G instead Laughing
Cory
Regular

June 2002

Re: WTB!! RA28/RA23 celica for project Fri, 27 September 2002 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that sounds like a great idea, pity i dont have a car which i can put a 1G into. Embarassed
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: WTB!! RA28/RA23 celica for project Sat, 28 September 2002 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had the same problem with this weeks trading post, 2 of the ra28's were sold on wed!! (tp comes out thrus...)

its getting damn tough to find one i tell ya! well, theres one last option left, unless they sold it! other than ra23celicachik's contact.... we shall see!!!
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: WTB!! RA28/RA23 celica for project Sat, 28 September 2002 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I asked my brother about his Mates RA28 and I don't think he would be too keen on selling it as it's his pride and joy also. I'll get my brother to have a talk to his mate to see if there could be a reasonable offer made, but don't rely on it. I'll keep you posted guys
Cheers
Sheena
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: WTB!! RA28/RA23 celica for project Sat, 28 September 2002 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah it took me ages to find one in semi decent condition. (read: all there)
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: WTB!! RA28/RA23 celica for project Sat, 28 September 2002 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, it took me a while to find a crappy rusted one..... read: still there....
trent_kershaw
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: WTB!! RA28/RA23 celica for project Sun, 29 September 2002 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you have an email. Sorry I couldn't find out for you before Saturday... good news, anyway. Very Happy
iSPY
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: WTB!! RA28/RA23 celica for project Thu, 03 October 2002 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRADING POST HAS LISTED A 1977 CELICA LIFTBACK IN THE GRAFTON AREA.(NORTH COAST NSW). IT HAS A COUPLE OF WEEKS REGO, MAG WHEELS (DON'T KNOW WHAT SORT) DENTED BONNET AND FRONT BUMPER, DENT ON REAR QUARTER PANEL. MOTOR WAS RECO-ED TWO YEARS AGO AND VEHICLE IS ORANGE IN COLOUR. ASKING $1000.00. I GOT THIS INFORMATION FROM THE WOMAN SELLING IT. SHE WASN'T SURE WHICH MODEL IT WAS, BUT SHE TOLD ME THE VIN ON REGO PAPER STARTED WITH RA28. I DO NOT HAVE THE PHONE NUMBER BUT THE INTERNET TRADING POST SHOULD STILL HAVE IT LISTED. I SAW THE AD YESTERDAY (2/10)

GOOD LUCK WITH THIS

iSPY
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: WTB!! RA28/RA23 celica for project Thu, 03 October 2002 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i've noticed that one over the past two weeks... although im having difficulty getting over the "body needs work" issue. rust is a big problem for me.. the less the better!!

if my other leads fall thru, then i might think about the one in grafton. its just that its in grafton... and im in sydney... 8 hr drive for a car. plus like i said, mechanicals not so important, body important.
Singlecam
Regular

May 2002
Re: WTB!! RA28/RA23 celica for project Fri, 04 October 2002 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it takes u 8 hours to get your sorry ass up to Grafton Witzl then u don't deserve it Razz I did Byron to my place in eight at or below the speed limit.

By the way I just so happen to know someone with an ra28, that is sitting idle. The body is straighty one eighty, but the mechanicals are seriously shagged. Seeing as u want it for a project car, then that shouldn't be a problem. Would u like me to make some enquiries when i make my glorious northern return?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: WTB!! RA28/RA23 celica for project Fri, 04 October 2002 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that would be nice timmy, but im checking a celica out this sat morn, and probably buying it if i feel its good enough. similar thing to your mate... straight body, fudged mechanics. but as you know, its all getting GT spec materials... where available.
Singlecam
Regular

May 2002
Re: WTB!! RA28/RA23 celica for project Fri, 04 October 2002 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
U leave my mate outta this :lol
Singlecam
Regular

May 2002
Re: WTB!! RA28/RA23 celica for project Fri, 04 October 2002 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Flaming toymods, flaming emoticons aren't the same, flaming, flaming.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: WTB!! RA28/RA23 celica for project Tue, 08 October 2002 05:11 Go to previous message
actually singlecam... i might be interested to hear something about your mate's ra28. how much he wants for it etc etc, and where it is. might come take a look in the next day or so. you back in sydney yet?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Expressions of interest in my ae86
Next Topic:ta63(3t gte) for sale or trade for 4agze
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 20 05:22:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058579444885254 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.