Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
celica28
Regular

May 2002
CCG TenPin Bowling Tue, 17 August 2004 22:12 Go to next message
Well after an excellent day at Wakefield Park, we are now planning a slightly less physical and somewhat slower event with a warm casual afternoon of Ten Pin Bowling. (Note to Mitch: This means you are trying to hit Ten Pins in one go!).

For those looking for a relaxing afternoon, here is the deal:

Date: Sunday 12 Sept 04
Time: 3pm (please arrive by 2.45pm to allow for shoe hire/teams etc.)
Where: Belconnen TenPin Bowling Centre (Opposite Lake Ginninderra College)
Cost: Only $15 per person. Includes 3 games and shoe hire!

Please note we need to have firm bookings WITH PAYMENT. There are no ‘ifs or buts’ about it as the AMF Bowling management require all monies up front for the booking. Basically they will only book the lanes we have payment for.

Therefore, money is payable to me, by Monday 6 September 04 so I can provide final numbers to Management.

If you have any questions about this event do not hesitate to contact me on 0412 699 144 AH. It is easier if you call me rather than putting up questions by email or the forums.
Hope to see a big turn up for this one.

Phil & Mitch
  Send a private message to this user    
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG TenPin Bowling Fri, 20 August 2004 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the enquiried are coming in so get your booking and money to Phil as soon as you can. The sooner we get an indication of numbers the sooner we can book out the lanes required.

Dont forget that its just an informal meet so all newcomers are welcome to come along and meet the CCG!
Cheers
Mitch
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CCG TenPin Bowling Fri, 20 August 2004 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am just having my secretary organise my diary and then I will get back to you guys, but it should be a goer (i.e. I have to make sure I have not planned something with the GF).

Isn't Phil E. a Pro League Bowler?? (hints that we all might be made to look like fools). I only average 220 a game Rolling Eyes

I might bumpa-bowl and use one of those ramp things that wheel-chair bowlers use too.

I can remember when there was an ad on TV and it advertised "For $5.50 you get 2 games, shoe hire, hot dog, fries and a coke!!!" Aahhh the good old days........ that was back when petrol was 50 cents a litre...and paddle pops were bigger....and "scalliwag biscuits" were called "golliwog biscuits"...

Perhaps Phil E or Mitch could tell us about back in the day when it was 2 shillings for a days worth of bowling and the lanes were made of concrete and the bowling balls were coconuts Laughing Just kidding guys.

Will book myself in soon.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG TenPin Bowling Fri, 20 August 2004 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Mad I used to bowl in a competition, we were bored, we turned out to be good, and were raining champs 2 years straight, but then I got a life and gave up Laughing

ahh the good old days of 50c a litre fuel Sleep

its just a bummer I can no longer make ccg events, ohh well may be for the best as I won't have a celica for much longer, so I can't really be in your little club anyways Rolling Eyes Cool
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CCG TenPin Bowling Fri, 20 August 2004 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, I was serious, I thought I remembered Phil E once saying that he bowled (hence I made the assumption he might be good at it). No disrespect to the bowling folk intended.

I don't know if you have noticed Joel, but I don't own a Celica either and they let me turn up. I am sure that they will still welcome you even though you are getting a mazda 121 bubble car with fun-top (convertible) and fitting out the interior with fake cow seat covers (please just dont park the bubble beast near us) Laughing .

Later.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG TenPin Bowling Fri, 20 August 2004 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm now you have me thinking, a bubble beast, no one would suspect a thing Evil or Very Mad commies beware Twisted Evil

ohh I am kidding I know the mr2 would be welcome at the events. But with my new job I now work every sunday, so that cancels me out of all events Sad

no disrespect taken, wesside Cool ..... Razz Laughing

I bring you love Heart
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: CCG TenPin Bowling Mon, 23 August 2004 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane,

With you bowling 220 per game, I will get you to give me some lessons. Might be able to boost my average up from 125 per game.

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CCG TenPin Bowling Mon, 23 August 2004 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
220 Laughing

Thats the score if you add my score to everyone elses who bowls in my lane and times it by 2. I will be lucky to crack a 50 in reality!!

We are "Bumpa Bowling" aren't we?

I can give bowling lessons though: $40/hour Laughing

Oh and on another note, another Canberra car club (Syndicate) is holding a Dyno Day this Saturday the 28th at Auto Tech in Fyshwick starting at 10:30am.

I have the Green Beast entered to R3pr3zentah! ( = represent) the CCG. Pop out and have a look if anyone is keen (should be some high powered cars there).

Cheers,

Shane.
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: CCG TenPin Bowling Tue, 24 August 2004 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now the truth comes out once under pressure.

Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: CCG TenPin Bowling Wed, 25 August 2004 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can count me in, and I'm hopefully trying to get the girlfriend to come along too. Actually she usually beats me at bowling so maybe I shouldn't...

Hmmm she beats me at most things... I'm such a wet blanket Very Happy
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CCG TenPin Bowling Wed, 25 August 2004 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Now the truth comes out once under pressure.

No there was no pressure, none that I can't handle anyway (I am rated to a max pressure of 100psi Shocked )

I just decided not to turn this into a thread of lies (lies make baby Jesus cry Crying or Very Sad ). I thought everyone would have guessed that I was kidding anyhow Very Happy

Shane (The Pain hehehe)
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: CCG TenPin Bowling Fri, 27 August 2004 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it cool to bring a friend or two along??

Phil, any chance you could price a set of tie-rod ends for me??
Thanks Smile

CHeers
Steve
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG TenPin Bowling - 12 September 2004 Sun, 29 August 2004 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To Steve any everyone else interested.
We are a very social group so please invite anyone who would like to join in. Basically this is the idea of this event to makeit easy for new people to come along. Its only $15 to bowl or if you dont want to bowl just turn up for a chat! If you are bowling tho, DONT FORGET to contact Phil Eacott on 0412 699 144 AH to get your booking and deposit in.
Cheers
Mitch.
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: CCG TenPin Bowling Mon, 30 August 2004 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like it will be fun. I'll see if i can make it Smile
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: CCG TenPin Bowling Mon, 30 August 2004 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephen,

By all means bring your mates along.

Also you have a pm regarding a price on your tie rods.
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: CCG TenPin Bowling Thu, 02 September 2004 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all,

Just a friendly reminder that payments are due to me by Monday for number confirmation.

If you need to contact me, call me on 0412 699 144.

Regards

celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: CCG TenPin Bowling Mon, 13 September 2004 03:45 Go to previous message
G'day all,

A great afternoon was had by the 16 people that played and those additional crowd warmers that showed up for support, coaching and general heckling.

The results are as listed below:

Phil - 198+228+149=575 (Ave - 191)
Ian - 116+183+176=475 (Ave - 158)
Mitch - 107+167+141=415 (Ave - 138)
Jess - 129+142+131=402(Ave - 134)
Travis - 138+144+107=389 (Ave - 129)
Pam - 143+132+105=380 (Ave - 126)
Farran - 124+103+150=377 (Ave - 125)
Sebastian - 107+134+100=341 (Ave - 113)
Matt - 125+89+117=331 (Ave - 110)
Alex - 91+131+108=330 (Ave - 110)
Trent - 106+113+102=321 (Ave - 107)
Adam - 112+102+106=320 (Ave - 106)
Zane - 83+128+107=318 (Ave - 106)
Simon - 138+68+82=288 (Ave - 98)
Sarah - 115+84+83=282 (Ave - 94)
Rhiannon - 81+87+77=245 (Ave - 81)

The "Ave" means the average of the three games.

Well that's it from us and we hope to see a whole heap more of you at the next event in October. The next event will be the Dyno Day. Stay tuned for details.

Phil and Mitch.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Dragway Rally Tonight Friday 17/9/04
Next Topic:CCG - Wakefield Park Track Day Monday 9th August
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:34:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071721076965332 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.