Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Sick of stolen cars ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon1.gif  Sick of stolen cars ? Wed, 29 May 2002 00:40 Go to next message
Got a quote from QUIKTRAK today !

Approx. $2,000

1. incl 12 mths free monitoring, then $300 per year
  2. incl. a kickass alarm
  3. 12.5% discount from your premiums
  4. possibly lower excesses

Good if you have an expensive car ... so not my cup of soup.
But 95 % of stolenn vehicles (joyriders) DO get caught.

Pretty impressed ! Anyone here got QUIKTRAK ?

[Updated on: Wed, 29 May 2002 00:41]

Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Sick of stolen cars ? Wed, 29 May 2002 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
QUIKTRAK is one of our customers!
Rojone has a similar system but once you get it installed, you dont need to pay to have it monitored! If your car is stolen you just give it a call and it tells you where the car is!
All well and good as long as the pricks dont find it and rip it out Smile
Redline
Regular

May 2002

Re: Sick of stolen cars ? Wed, 29 May 2002 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pretty sure yogi said he had quicktrack like a year ago or somethin, so id assume he does.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Sick of stolen cars ? Wed, 29 May 2002 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know a couple of people that have or have had it and it is a very effective way of keeping an eye on you car. Best thing is if your lucky you can beat the cops to your car and have a polite word to the individual who borrowed it Up To Something
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Cool1 Wed, 29 May 2002 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Who is this Rojone ?

Is it like quiktrak - how much how much ?
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
icon14.gif  Re: Sick of stolen cars ? Thu, 30 May 2002 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have quiktrak on my GT4.....Best investment I have ever made.If you guys really value your cars then I recommand you get it because unfortunatly the rate cars get knocked off these days it will be only a matter of time when someone starts to eye your car Shocked .Once I recieved a call at work telling me they have got a lock tampering alert from the drive side.Police were sent around to my place where the car was parked in the garage.One of the side roller guides had been removed and the shuttter ripped out.The cars lock and door handle was broken but nothing eles.

Another incident that occured was when I got a call as soon as I parked the car that there was a sensor activation at the drivers fender so I quickly ran back to find that a ute had swiped my car.I dont think this guy would have left me his details either.Well worth the money I say.

Anhar Khamas
GT4 Group A
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Sick of stolen cars ? Thu, 30 May 2002 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les: ->http://www.rojone.com.au
justinharwoodran
Regular

May 2002
Re: Sick of stolen cars ? Thu, 30 May 2002 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The thought of having my Celica stolen scares the shit out of me, hence the old Datsun 280ZX daily driver with crappy paint and standard wheels. Back when the Celica had rego, we would never leave it unattended. My wife would go to Coles while I sat in the car. This created its fair share of arguments and fights but what can you do, especially in Sydney? The cops are bloody useless, our judicially system is a joke and our insurance policies are usually not worth the shit their written on.
The only anti-theft devise I'd recommend can be a little noisy when it goes off but thats the risk you'll have to take.

Justin
(favourite novel........Chopper by Mark Brandon Read)

[Updated on: Thu, 30 May 2002 11:33]

Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Cool1 Tue, 17 August 2004 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Thu, 30 May 2002 09:03

Who is this Rojone ?

Is it like quiktrak - how much how much ?

i'm interested on the price also..
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Sick of stolen cars ? Tue, 17 August 2004 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justinharwoodran wrote on Thu, 30 May 2002 21:31

The only anti-theft devise I'd recommend can be a little noisy when it goes off but thats the risk you'll have to take.

The only anti theft device I recommend leaves too many blood stains. And we know they're a bitch to get out in the wash
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Sick of stolen cars ? Tue, 17 August 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my uncle used to use 2 BB guns mounted under the the car facing both front doors.. you can imagine what happened when the doors were opened... he got busted for it and spent the night in jail, but this was like 20yrs ago

theres an alarm that is offered by rhino and another mob that calls you when your car is stolen. its $1100 install, no yearly, all you need is a sim card for the alarm so it can make calls. you have a 5 number storage and from the call you can hear the people in the car, you can speak to them ( Rolling Eyes where is that voice coming from) or send signals by pressing number sequences to imobilise car, lock doors, etc, etc

it would work out to be similar in price like quiktrac unless you work for a telecommunications company and dont pay monthly fees and piss cheap minute rates Rolling Eyes Very Happy I LOVE OPTUS Laughing
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Sick of stolen cars ? Tue, 17 August 2004 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fade-e wrote on Tue, 17 August 2004 21:33

theres an alarm that is offered by rhino and another mob that calls you when your car is stolen. its $1100 install, no yearly, all you need is a sim card for the alarm so it can make calls. you have a 5 number storage and from the call you can hear the people in the car, you can speak to them ( Rolling Eyes where is that voice coming from) or send signals by pressing number sequences to imobilise car, lock doors, etc, etc

it would work out to be similar in price like quiktrac unless you work for a telecommunications company and dont pay monthly fees and piss cheap minute rates Rolling Eyes Very Happy I LOVE OPTUS Laughing

Although this is a cheaper option than quicktrack, it does rely on telco coverage, which as I'm sure we all know, is not available everywhere.....
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Sick of stolen cars ? Tue, 17 August 2004 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justinharwoodran wrote on Thu, 30 May 2002 21:31

The thought of having my Celica stolen scares the shit out of me, hence the old Datsun 280ZX daily driver with crappy paint and standard wheels. Back when the Celica had rego, we would never leave it unattended. My wife would go to Coles while I sat in the car. This created its fair share of arguments and fights but what can you do, especially in Sydney? The cops are bloody useless, our judicially system is a joke and our insurance policies are usually not worth the shit their written on.

Justin
(favourite novel........Chopper by Mark Brandon Read)

hmmm the thought of having my car stolen scares the shit outta me too. Having it actually happen makes the pause button on your life come into play...

have a read:

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=40540&rid=2053&S=ab6fd92e3424df2cc3b6fd0 669114e83&pl_view=&start=0#msg_362637msg_3 62637
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: Sick of stolen cars ? Wed, 18 August 2004 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A great theft deterent (although I'm not too sure how legal it may be), isolate your door handles from the main body and run a small current to them that is controlled by the alarm. Anyone tounches the handle and they get a nice little shock like an electric fence. I think I still have the blue prints floating round the garage somewhere.

ps. note to anyone wanting to steal my car, hope you like electricity!!!
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sick of stolen cars ? Wed, 18 August 2004 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does Quiktrak rely on some other netwrok other than the mobile phone network?
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sick of stolen cars ? Wed, 18 August 2004 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh not a mob network like rojone .. radio frequencies i think ..

someone confirm ?
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Sick of stolen cars ? Wed, 18 August 2004 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So around how much does the rojone system cost?
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sick of stolen cars ? Wed, 18 August 2004 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i 4 get ? .. check out the site or email one of the contacts on their site mate
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Sick of stolen cars ? Wed, 18 August 2004 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Youngy wrote on Wed, 18 August 2004 13:46

Does Quiktrak rely on some other netwrok other than the mobile phone network?

I was under the impression that it used some other form of satellite tracking.....
Southo
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002
Re: Sick of stolen cars ? Wed, 18 August 2004 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well last I heard - Quiktrak has had an administrator appointed and they are NOT selling new units. I think they are in "monitor only" mode for existing customers until they find a buyer for the company, or wind up the operation.

Other alternatives..

www.intellitrac.com.au
www.satrak.com.au

expect to pay around $2,000 for a fully fitted back to base 24hr monitored system (insurance approved) - if your system is just self monitored - chances are your insurance company will not consider it as an approved system as there are too many flaws and "chances" that someone can get your car without anyone finding out.

I have a good understanding of both of these systems and know which one I will be fitting when my car is back on the road...
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: Sick of stolen cars ? Thu, 19 August 2004 09:09 Go to previous message
Score 1 for Andrij Very Happy
Car thieves 0 Razz

Was at work the other night, when i heard a car pull up.
I was a bit annoyed, thinking that they were police, bringing in more clients. ( for those that dont know, i work at the morgue)
I looked at the camera, and no cop car, so, being 340am, i went outside to have a cigarette. Well, as i am smoking, i see three young kids, probably 13 to 15 yrs old walking funny around some parked cars. They see me and take off.

The did not come back.
Maybe mummy was calling them.

At least a few cars were safe for a few hours.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1991 st184 gt-r...
Next Topic:speed tech Ae71
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 04:00:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053400993347168 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.