Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
What I don't reckon? -SIL80- Wed, 18 August 2004 10:42 Go to next message
OK, I might very well be buying a new car on the weekend if all goes to plan, I just wanted some other peoples opinions on it.
Its a SIL80 with a RB20 (full engineered), new paint job heaps of other stuff for $15,000. I know its not a Toyota but lets not be biased, I had a look at it on the weekend and its a damn nice car, very smooth, an absolute sleeper. I'm checking out the Eng Cert. at VicRoads on Friday to make sure, and if I get approved on a loan then I will definately buy it.

Comments/Questions?
http://private.carsales.com.au/photos/291336.jpg
http://private.carsales.com.au/photos/291337.jpg
http://private.carsales.com.au/photos/291338.jpg
DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!

[Updated on: Sun, 19 September 2004 02:11]

Send a private message to this user    
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: What do most of you reckon? Wed, 18 August 2004 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just buy it and have a shite-load of fun! I would if I was you Twisted Evil
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: What do most of you reckon? Wed, 18 August 2004 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Theres a blue Sil80 that comes into work everynow and then. Only thing i don't like about it is the early spec tail lights!
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? Wed, 18 August 2004 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers, I will most definately have fun with it, but first I'll need to get use to the damn thing, it's got 160kw at 11psi, but the guy's to scared to wind it up any further, he's selling it because his wife is scared of it. Only bad point but i think it was to pass engineers, is the muffler I think is one of the HKS superbomb things, i dunno it bloody massive but makes no noise. Also it comes with no RWC or rego, but it's understandable.

Clown this one is black and its a 91 model so it has the old lights but they're still good. WAAAYYYY better than having a shitty CA18.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: What do most of you reckon? Wed, 18 August 2004 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id buy it, price is about right.
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? Wed, 18 August 2004 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agreed, buy it, i just love sil80s Very Happy
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? Wed, 18 August 2004 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys, that definately is making me feel secure, I'm going to try get the guy down to $13,950 though.
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? Wed, 18 August 2004 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its is a sileighty and not a onevia right? as in silvia front and 180sx rear (sil-eighty). onevia has the 180sx front and silvia arse. sorry if im being patronising.
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Re: What do most of you reckon? Wed, 18 August 2004 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a good setup-you'd struggle to do it for anywhere near that. Wave cash under his nose and you'll be surprised how much the price drops.

Although there's heaps of silvias around now the definite upside is that there are heaps of spares available at reasonable prices. There is also a huge library of knowlege on modifying/working on silvias/180's out there which makes it a lot easier. A good option if you ask me. Do check the condition of stuff like gearbox, turbo and compression, however as I mentioned before replacement items are cheap and plentiful.

Take it easy

Sean Razz
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? Wed, 18 August 2004 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigg willie style wrote on Wed, 18 August 2004 21:52

its is a sileighty and not a onevia right? as in silvia front and 180sx rear (sil-eighty). onevia has the 180sx front and silvia arse. sorry if im being patronising.

No No No Not patronising, just underestimating. Yes it is a Sileighty.

Totally agree with you there MS-75, it's one thing I like about the Nissans is that alot of the performance models are interchangable with parts, engines, etc. I'm surprised at the price myself, but YES I was also told the tactic of waving notes, I wonder if it works the same if I use coins Laughing
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Re: What do most of you reckon? Wed, 18 August 2004 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I still reserve the right to call it a DATSUN though...........

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

(should go like stink but.......)
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? Wed, 18 August 2004 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolling Eyes :SLAP!!!: Laughing
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: What do most of you reckon? Wed, 18 August 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It'd be quite a different beast to what you currently have...put it that way. It's got twice the power and torque of your current 3S-FE engined 162. Very Happy

If it has RB20DET then go for it.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: What do most of you reckon? Wed, 18 August 2004 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what mods to get 160rwkw @ 11psi as they make that much power at the flywheel with 10psi.

My mate has a silvia with an rb20 in it. It just had exhaust and air filter before and it wasn't all that quick to me. Now he has a GT28 on it and FMIC, ECU etc. and I think it would beat 1jz corona in to end but it is laggier than mine so...? And that is comparing to my car before I got twin dump pipes and hiperboost controller.
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: What do most of you reckon? Wed, 18 August 2004 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just make sure everything is neet and shit
like the fuel lines,pump, exhaust and intercooler piping( always the first things to be skimped on when money runs low blah blah blah
oh and say to him/her im going to by it anyways so tell me wot the first thing im going to have to fix is just so u dont get shitty after throwing down a wod of cash an then breaking something

thats wot ive been told to do when buying a car like that cos in all honesty cars with conversions often having something wrong with them cos they aint a factory car

but yeah
buy it Buy It BUUUUUUUY IIIIITT

P.S.
does this mean ur selling u celica
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? Wed, 18 August 2004 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kickarse stuff!!! Go for it, u'll never look back

When i opend this thread i was expecting a lot of nissan slander but its good to see everyones mature Very Happy
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: What do most of you reckon? Wed, 18 August 2004 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Although if i was to get a nissan it'd defenitly be a GTi-R!!!
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: What do most of you reckon? Wed, 18 August 2004 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shitty CA18's? ??????

scuse me?
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? Thu, 19 August 2004 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers once again guys, yeah it's had heaps done to it, FMIC with waterspray, 500hp fuel pump, R32 calipers & rotors (stops wonderfully), etc, etc. I started another thread about the people that actually performed the conversion just to make sure.

Yeah it will be definately different to the celica, its gonna take a while to get use to, but I've driven a few RB20s before, I WILL BE VERY CAREFUL!!! And yes i am selling the cell, I realised getting this sil80 is gonna totally outweigh doing a GT2 conversion.

Sorry Simon, I don't like CA18s they have NO (please don't abuse me, its my opinion) BALLS!!

Oh by the whats a good interest rate on a loan, or whos good to get a loan from?? I got one place thats about 9% at $65pw which is pretty good.
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? Thu, 19 August 2004 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just took out a $6,000 loan from national over the duration of 5 years. Repayments are $150 a month and the interest rate is 12% fixed
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? Thu, 19 August 2004 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Thu, 19 August 2004 02:15

Although if i was to get a nissan it'd defenitly be a GTi-R!!!

U like the interwarmer do u ????
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: What do most of you reckon? Thu, 19 August 2004 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The top mount on them isnt to bad.
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: What do most of you reckon? Sun, 22 August 2004 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sil80 with those sort of mods at that price.any accident history? like why has it got the cheaper silvia nosecone on it?
just another question to ask the seller
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What do most of you reckon? Sun, 22 August 2004 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive said it before and ill say it again...

Why in gods name would you put an RB20 into a silvia/180/sil80???

The power has the same as an SR20 and it is heavier, i dont really like nissans but the silvia/180/sil80 is fairly well balanced for drifting and the RB20 ruins all that...

end of rant

Have fun with it tho, as with some mods it should have a fair it of power...
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? Sun, 22 August 2004 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah true a sr20 can match the power of a rb20 with alot of work depending on the power figures that want to be achieved, but i love the sound & performance of a rb20 (tough as f#ck groan at idle, with the squirters clickin away), they both have different assets obviously and both apply theyre power in individual ways.

Alainve: No! it has a straight body, no accidents, and it has the silvia front because it looks f#ckin niiiiiiiccccccccee, why else? Rolling Eyes
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? Mon, 06 September 2004 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey all,
I haven't been around because I've had no internet connection firstly and I've been sorting out this whole Sil80 thing.
THE OUTCOME?
I getting it in about a week!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

[Updated on: Sun, 12 September 2004 04:00]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What do most of you reckon? Mon, 06 September 2004 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that things nice bro, looks like its had the dollars spent on it too!

Clean as a mofo!

5 stud conversion too, very nice, rims will be a lot easier to find!

So i guess you are off to nissansilvia.com for good now...

hahaha only kidding
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? Mon, 06 September 2004 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno if a Sileighty is really a sleeper. The SR20DET can put out some pretty mean figures, and the CA18DET isn't too bad either.

One thing to watch out with this conversion is that the front end get a bit heavy and can make the handling a bit worse. But if you have test driven it and it's okay for you, then all is well. Very Happy

Oh and the Sileighty looks awesome! I love 'em!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What do most of you reckon? Mon, 06 September 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Sun, 22 August 2004 10:49

The power has the same as an SR20 and it is heavier, i dont really like nissans but the silvia/180/sil80 is fairly well balanced for drifting and the RB20 ruins all that...

Because its not going to sound like a fart in a can like an SR does Smile It's still a bolt-in propisition with an R32 crossmember, and have you SEEN the price differences between an SR20 and an RB20? The RB20 is going to affect the balance for sure, but it's hardly going to ruin the handling of a drift car, been done plenty of times in the past.
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? Mon, 06 September 2004 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nahhhh i don't reckon, I went there a while ago and there's a heap of posers and jibberish, like most forums but TOYMODS has alot of reliable info and some really good people.
Yeah i looked over all the reciepts from the sil80 and its had a fair bit of money spent. the guy even fixed some stuff this week that I noted but didnt expect him to fix, such as the diff but it was actually a tailshaft bearing, so Im not going to have to fork out cash straight away.
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? Mon, 06 September 2004 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The RB20 only weighs about 50kg more than the CA18, seriously its a good comprimise.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What do most of you reckon? Mon, 06 September 2004 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, only! SR is lighter than a CA though Smile
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What do most of you reckon? Mon, 06 September 2004 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I retract any previous statements about the car you bought, it is mint as a mofo and looks tuff, prolly goes well also...

Yes NS is full of tossers but if you look hard enuf you can find some decent info tho, but you have to look damn hard, however being a tosser is almost a prerequiste of being a nissan silvia owner!

Hehehehe Very Happy
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? Wed, 08 September 2004 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers man kinda,
Nah Im getting pretty hyped up for it, but I'm keeping it garaged for ages until I sell the cell, but I'll visit her each week or so, kinda like a long-distance relationship only better.

Quote:

Haha, only! SR is lighter than a CA though

But an RB can be pushed further than a SR, haha!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What do most of you reckon? Wed, 08 September 2004 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go the RB25 head man

very worthwhile mod!
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? Wed, 08 September 2004 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man, I have plenty of plans for this thing don't you worry, but I have to get use to it at least and save money to pay for it. But the first thing on the list is to get rid of that ridiculous muffler, the only good thing about it is that it makes barely no noise.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What do most of you reckon? Wed, 08 September 2004 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
true, the muffler does look kind ghey, id go for a 4 or 5 inch cannon angled outwards but not sticking out too far past the bumper if any distance at all Very Happy
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? Wed, 08 September 2004 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah man, I wanna get a 3-4inch cannon with dump pipe tucked away nicely so it can't really be seen, but my friend has done this on his Silvia (also RB20 equipped) with a Turbosmart muffler already and it just looks so shmick because you hardly tell its there apart from the tuff as fuck groan. But really there's no point to angling the exhaust out unless you want "drift-cred", and even then it's not creditable.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What do most of you reckon? Wed, 08 September 2004 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey i have an angled exhaust and it looks way tuffer than normal straight out one! Very Happy
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? Thu, 09 September 2004 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Each to their own my friend, each to thier own...
Anyway Im still hella hyped except the bank is a hell f#ck around, anyway I'm not that far away.
Don't worry I'll try not turn into a tosser either, unless its too late, but hey live with what you've been given with. Very Happy
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? Thu, 09 September 2004 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmm sil eighty, one of my dream cars Very Happy

i'd be saving for type x lights if it was my car Very Happy
let us know hwo it all works out
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? Fri, 10 September 2004 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it's one of my dream cars too, actually it was a 180SX, but Sileighty is even better. Fingers crossed, the loan's been approved ages ago, paper work is being finalised, bank should call today, checking out car with mechanic on Sunday to make absolute sure. Then she's mine. Cool

I don't mind the old RPS lights actually, the KRPS (Type X) ones are cool, but they're a little to fancy kinda, but Id happily have them anyway.
My list of things (thinking) to do already on it are:
-Different Muffler
-Aftermarket Comp. (microtech)
-Disable HICAS
-Coilovers (Tein)
-Change bushes to urethene
-Rims (17" TE37s -hard to find-)
-Bucket seat
-Larger turbo
-Last on the list would be a neat aero kit (no spoiler)
-etc,etc,etc
Yes, yes I know it'll cost heaps and take heaps of time to achieve, but I go to sleep just thinking constantly about it,
Though 1st I'll focus on driving it properly, maybe even do an advanced driving course for safe measure.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What do most of you reckon? Fri, 10 September 2004 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice list you have there dude, however i would make one revision to it, get a power FC instead of a microtech as they are designed with nissan motors in mind and very well suited to them Very Happy

sway-her08
Regular

September 2004

Re: What do most of you reckon? Fri, 10 September 2004 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing

hmmm it might help someone pickup Wink
j/k
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? Sat, 11 September 2004 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do I know you (because I might)?? Who says a can't pick up already, sorry I'm not getting on the defence here and I know your just kidding so I'm safe to say its not a personal attack, possibly even a compliment on the car, but I've always stood by the fact it doesn't matter what you drive, but who you are. Fuck! it'd be silly to walk up to a girl and say "How you doin? I drive a Sil80" then she's like -in a bimbo voice- "Oh your so hot, lets go to my house" It would be more like "Huh? what? ummmm Sil80? Is it your mums car or something? Go home you flambouyant dickhead!"

Anyway yeah? what was I sayin, yeah a power FC or Fcon Pro would be nice, but a Microtech settup is pretty easy to tune and I know a few people who specialise in tuning these, mainly on rotaries, but also alot of RBs, also I can get rid of the AFM and such, though I guess I'd have to do more research on this type of thing before I commit, which I ALWAYS DO!!
sway-her08
Regular

September 2004

Re: What do most of you reckon? Sat, 11 September 2004 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SillyCar88 wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 19:55

Do I know you (because I might)?? Who says a can't pick up already, sorry I'm not getting on the defence here and I know your just kidding so I'm safe to say its not a personal attack, possibly even a compliment on the car, but I've always stood by the fact it doesn't matter what you drive, but who you are. Fuck! it'd be silly to walk up to a girl and say "How you doin? I drive a Sil80" then she's like -in a bimbo voice- "Oh your so hot, lets go to my house" It would be more like "Huh? what? ummmm Sil80? Is it your mums car or something? Go home you flambouyant dickhead!"

Anyway yeah? what was I sayin, yeah a power FC or Fcon Pro would be nice, but a Microtech settup is pretty easy to tune and I know a few people who specialise in tuning these, mainly on rotaries, but also alot of RBs, also I can get rid of the AFM and such, though I guess I'd have to do more research on this type of thing before I commit, which I ALWAYS DO!!

i was only jokeing!! but i know what you mean.. and umm i dont think u know me..no adfence to other chicks in here.. but it does happen you know.. i see all of my maytes get the attention off chicks like that beacause of there ride.. like clown boi with his mr2.. hence the reason he has a liberty as well.. so they like him for him not the friggen car he drives.. pfffhhtt it makes me so mad..as well as james with hes 300zx.. and now n=brendan with the supra... girls no adfence to u guys.. but you couldnt pick up before hand and now its too easy when ur driven them cars... it makes you wonder if they really like you for you..like the way it should be..Wink
maybe its a good idea to have two cars- a shitta as well.. juz to make sure..Wink
as fopr yourlast para.. i have no idea what ur talking about- please teach me these things!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What do most of you reckon? Sun, 12 September 2004 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill spell it out for you...

A powerFC and a Microtech are replacement aftermarket computers but your cars original computer, they are easier to tune and support items such as bigger or extra injectors, bigger fuel pumps, bigger or more turbos...

Seriously tho look into the powerFC, in most nissan cases they are plug and play...
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? Sun, 12 September 2004 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What!!! These guys are getting the chicks cos of thier cars No No No Man, like it'll make me feel good owning a car that gets the girls, but I prefer goin out and partying and meeting decent girls, though if I'm hella keen for some dirties I might do some laps. Laughing

Fully checking and going over car today with mechanic at 4pm. Hope all's good!!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What do most of you reckon? Sun, 12 September 2004 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes dirties are fun Very Happy
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? Sun, 12 September 2004 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On the chin!!!! Laughing
(lets stop this before it goes outta hand)
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What do most of you reckon? Sun, 12 September 2004 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SillyCar88 wrote on Sun, 12 September 2004 12:39

On the chin!!!! Laughing
(lets stop this before it goes outta hand)

why bother?

Just get a mod to move the thread into the outhouse and then we can go nutS!
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? Sun, 12 September 2004 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah I don't want my thread full of whores, but I might get some interest if I do this. *moves sileighty to top of page*
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? -SIL80- Sun, 12 September 2004 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From the pictures it looks porntastic! Providing it had no major mechanical problems I'd go for it!
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? -SIL80- Sun, 12 September 2004 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, the stupid arse mechanic won't answer his phone, so I can't go get a professional opinion, but from what I've seen and stuff the car is in pretty good shape, I just talked to the owner and he said during the week he went and got everything checked out because he doesn't want me having a dud car and returning to him with problems, so he fixed some stuff that was wrong like the centre tailshaft bearing and the muffler hinges and the only things to do are change the power steering hose, fix up the exhuast a little, fix the tacho (doesn't read that well) and rewire the turbo timer (which I don't really want anyway). But other then that I find no other reason not to get it, apart from the bank fucking me around!!
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? -SIL80- Mon, 13 September 2004 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FINALLY!!! The banks decided to play ball. YEAAAAAAAAH!!
Getting car checked out at RACV on Friday, and If all goes to plan then I will own it on Saturday. Like Big Kev says
I'M EXCITED!!!!! Surprised
mr2zy
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: What do most of you reckon? Mon, 13 September 2004 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Sun, 22 August 2004 12:49

ive said it before and ill say it again...

end of rant

Have fun with it tho, as with some mods it should have a fair it of power...

the RB engines are a lot cheaper to come by, they came out in quite a few of the older cars in the nissan family, from the r32 skylines to the 4 door cefiros, the power u can get from an rb is different to the power from an sr, ie the same 150 rwkw in an sr is different to 150rwkw in an RB.... different powerbands/torque curves, bottom end vs top end etc... also if the previous owner purchased a front cut for the conversion then they would have got the box, RB gearboxes are pretty much indestructable.... they can hack one hell of a pounding.... also the brakes from an rb car would be bigger than those of an SR so u get to upgrade the brakes too...

sorry for the long rant, i currently drive a black sr20det 180sx (as in my signature), but im selling it to join the toyota family.... im getting a import turbo mr2 this week, i cant wait..

theres no denying bang for ur buck value when u compare $ to kw on a nissan, but something about the mr2 makes me want it...

but im sure u will love the drive of the nissan and the RB should give it an awesome note.... one thing though is the turbo on the RB depending on which car it came from i heard aint that good, theres plenty of places that u can get relatively cheap upgrades, PM me and ill send the sites if u want...

as for the computer id also recomend power FC, most tuners here know how to tune them for RB motors like the backs of their hands... get some quotes and post up how much uve been quoted for a power FC and ill see if can find one cheaper for u...

also if ur thinking about getting a kit, ie vertex like mine then getting an angled muffler doesnt help... also an angled muffler means another bend, i know it doesnt make a lot of a difference but the less restriction the better and mandrel bends arent cheap either....

the air flow meter on an RB is pretty damn big, but prolly getting the z32 one isnt a bad option as it goes hand in hand with the power fc..

put up a list of the goodies it has so we can see what else she has...

awesome ride....
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? -SIL80- Tue, 14 September 2004 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From what I know so far:
-R32 running gear (eng.{RB20DET},g-box,diff,etc)
-R32 brakes front (4pot) and rear
-R32 rims
-Custom FMIC
-Mist spray settup for IC
-500hp fuel pump
-HKS turbo timer/rev counter
-HKS boost controller
-3" exhaust with HKS superbomb muffler
-Silvia nose conversion
-Black respray
-Drift pineapples
-Drift button
-Aftermarket front strut-brace (I think from observation)
-Battery re-location to boot

Thats about it, i think

I called RACV this morning to make an inspection appointment, BUT they can't do it because it doesn't have the standard motor in it, EVEN THOUGH its got a engneers cert. stupid gimps, and they put me on hold for ages knowing I had to go to work, also they think my membership is cancelled, really they just fucked me around. SO screw them if my car ever brakes down, I'll either figure it out and hitch to get the parts, or call some friends (The whole Toymods gang)
Anyway I found another mob that can do it (for cheaper too) and Ive organised an inspection.

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What do most of you reckon? -SIL80- Tue, 14 September 2004 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet machine Smile

looking forward to seeing it one day!
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? -SIL80- Wed, 15 September 2004 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks very neat and a good price to.
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: What do most of you reckon? -SIL80- Sun, 19 September 2004 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Well,
NO SIL80 FOR ME!!! Crying or Very Sad
I got the car checked out by a mechanic and figured the car is worth jack, the engine is fine but the rest of the car is just fucked, the guy selling it is an absolute merchant.
Heres some of the things, that I didn't notice.
-Rusting strut towers
-Bushes and steering rack *fucked*
-rear quarter damage *bogged up*
-Gear box leak
-Shonky as fuck paint job that you notice when you look close in the daylight.

Anyway Im very glad that I didn't purchase the car, because theres more to the list that I did notice and its going to cost heaps just to get on the road, so I figure I'm better off buying a clean car with no mods and such. If I want an RB20 I can just buy a rolling shell, but I don't want to bother anyway.

BUT!!! I was very pissed off last night when I called the owner and said I wasn't interested, because now he won't pay back my deposit the shifty c*nt, its all on paper and he reckons I screwed him around, anyway I could rant on about it all day but really its not worth it. Better than buying a 13grand car and its fucked, I told the guy its a lemon (which didn't go down well) and the word court got mentioned several times, then the police after I said "Don't worry you will see me" which wasn't intended as a threat, just to say I'll will see him in court or whatever. Anyway fuck the cunt. He can keep the money because he has a fucked car to deal with.

If anyone is going to purchase a car and wants it checked out, PM me I NOW know a good mob that will do it.

Thanks for reading.
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WA: Get Your Rego Papers Out!!!
Next Topic:SANDWICH advice
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 10:26:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0085020065307617 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.