Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » How do you make a custom RA28 centre console?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
chrishulbert
Regular

March 2003
How do you make a custom RA28 centre console? Tue, 17 August 2004 04:40 Go to next message
I was wondering how you guys have gone abouts making custom consoles for your RA28's - its come time for me to install my CD player but i want some ideas about how to modify the console or even create a new one?

Joel's one is great - can you tell me how its done?

Like this:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/helenfitz/pictures/ interia.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How do you make a custom RA28 centre console? Tue, 17 August 2004 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can actually buy them to suit an RA28. Do a search, someone posted a link quite recently. From memory they were quite reasonably priced, and probably better than what you can slap together at home.
chrishulbert
Regular

March 2003
Re: How do you make a custom RA28 centre console? Tue, 17 August 2004 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah you can get them from consoles.com but i think they cost $500...
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: How do you make a custom RA28 centre console? Tue, 17 August 2004 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres 2 versions

http://consoles.com/half.htm

this one is probably more affordable
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How do you make a custom RA28 centre console? Tue, 17 August 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine was around $300 from memory.
chrishulbert
Regular

March 2003
Re: How do you make a custom RA28 centre console? Tue, 17 August 2004 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahhh... so you just bought yours. Fair enough.

Well, i just rang them, and they want $210 for the half length one that eviljack mentioned. Damn i might just have to splurge out and get that one.

So, joel, is that the one you bought? Does it fit and bolt in really well?

TurboRA28 wrote on Tue, 17 August 2004 15:35

Mine was around $300 from memory.

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How do you make a custom RA28 centre console? Tue, 17 August 2004 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah mine is a full one though with a arm rest thing that goes up behind the handbrake.

Fits really nicely but is a total bugger to get in and out.
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: How do you make a custom RA28 centre console? Tue, 17 August 2004 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So,

TurboRA28, where did you get yours?, was it from consols.com?
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: How do you make a custom RA28 centre console? Tue, 17 August 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tks heaps guys. i didn't even think to try to find a place like this. i was gonna try to get someone to make one for me from scratch.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: How do you make a custom RA28 centre console? Tue, 17 August 2004 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, if you're not up to it yourself, you're probably best off asking a more reputable car audio installer to knock one up for you.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: How do you make a custom RA28 centre console? Wed, 18 August 2004 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bluewire is in the process of making a fibreglass one for his 28, I think he is planning on doing a small production of them.
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: How do you make a custom RA28 centre console? Wed, 18 August 2004 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gold28 wrote on Wed, 18 August 2004 09:51

Bluewire is in the process of making a fibreglass one for his 28, I think he is planning on doing a small production of them.

Woo, this sounds good.

Im a DIY kinda guy... how difficult is it to do?
omegaman
Regular

August 2003
Re: How do you make a custom RA28 centre console? Wed, 18 August 2004 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've just ordered a ra28 full console from consoles.com. actually know as Dept of the car interior. there in carlton sydney.they do roof consoles, carpets,reskinning dashes and door panels, also original reproductions. There shop is pretty extensive.
I'll pay $550 with stereo fitted in console plus 3 gauges. not bad for the qaulity they have. there good.

[Updated on: Wed, 18 August 2004 09:42]

Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: How do you make a custom RA28 centre console? Wed, 18 August 2004 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i sold one for $100 to eviljack. advertised it a while ago and no one was interested in paying much money for it.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: How do you make a custom RA28 centre console? Wed, 18 August 2004 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can knock it up out of anything. The hardest part is putting the cover on it.

For my TA23 I made a really dodgy console out of scrap wood. Once it was covered in velour (like the rest of the interior) it looked great.

Also, the half console IMHO looks so much better than the full length one. It also feels like theres more room.
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: How do you make a custom RA28 centre console? Thu, 19 August 2004 04:01 Go to previous message
fibre glass works well. it is easy to use too. i was gunna make a replica 1 for my ra40 ,but i half got it done then got a cressida center console for free
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:oil pressure sender removal
Next Topic:SOARER - suspension problem
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 03:33:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053532123565674 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.