Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
siggy
Regular

October 2003
icon4.gif  Questions about AirBox Wed, 18 August 2004 04:59 Go to next message
Hi

I'm currently stuck at my blueslip beacause the guy said I need an original air box for my car.My engine is a blue top 86kw 4age "TVIS" REAR WHEEL DRIVE

Can any help me out what kind of air box I'm aftering ?

Here are some images of the filter i'm currently.
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/524000-524999/524858_34_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/524000-524999/524858_35_full.jpg

As you can see I might need the air box + the piping for the air box since it but not fit with just the air box.
Does anyone know where I can find these air box ?
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Questions about AirBox Wed, 18 August 2004 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about something like an airbox from a VN commondore. they are very cheap to buy new. is he taking offence to the pod filter, or to the lack of ORIGINAL airbox for emissions reasons?

Cya, Stewart
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Questions about AirBox Wed, 18 August 2004 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had no issues with mine just by using an 'enclosed' lampshade filter
siggy
Regular

October 2003
Re: Questions about AirBox Thu, 19 August 2004 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Wed, 18 August 2004 15:10

what about something like an airbox from a VN commondore. they are very cheap to buy new. is he taking offence to the pod filter, or to the lack of ORIGINAL airbox for emissions reasons?

Cya, Stewart

He guy said the pod need to change back to the standard origianl one and this current one is not for road use.
So because I got my ae86 from wa and the filter its already like this, I'm not sure what the standard orginal 4age blue top filter will look like.

Does anybody know how it look like and where i can find it ? I need the original filter airbox and the piping that comes with the air box because the pipe here i'm showing is also changed.
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Questions about AirBox Thu, 19 August 2004 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GO TO A DIFFERENT BLUE SLIP BLOKE! hehe
where are you located?
i got one yesterday no probs with a 150mm diameter pvc pipe and stopper with a hole cut out at the bottom covering my air filter.

Does yours move around tho when your driving?
siggy
Regular

October 2003
Re: Questions about AirBox Thu, 19 August 2004 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm located at new south wales..
Confused
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Questions about AirBox Fri, 20 August 2004 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the bloke at st george auto in sydney hurstville (i think thats the name not sure) passed mine with the pvc pipe.

near strathfield car radios.
siggy
Regular

October 2003
Re: Questions about AirBox Sat, 21 August 2004 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i see, did you have a pod filter when yours getting tested Celica_John ?

Mine is also a PVC pipe as you can see. The bloke is more concerning with the pod filter.

If not i have to get the whole standard kit back.. so annoying, its the only thing i need to pass the blues Mad

[Updated on: Sat, 21 August 2004 08:15]

Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Questions about AirBox Tue, 28 September 2004 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Celica_John wrote on Thu, 19 August 2004 13:06

GO TO A DIFFERENT BLUE SLIP BLOKE! hehe
where are you located?
i got one yesterday no probs with a 150mm diameter pvc pipe and stopper with a hole cut out at the bottom covering my air filter.

Does yours move around tho when your driving?

yep i did have a pod filter for my blue slip.
btw i've made up an air box using sheet metal so i have no use for my temporary pvc thing (as i was talking about above) let me know if anyone wants it.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Questions about AirBox Tue, 28 September 2004 03:14 Go to previous message
mate i would go to another blue slip person. technically it is not road legal but hardly anoone cares. seems like this guy does Confused
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AGE OIL CATCH CAN INSTALATION
Next Topic:MA70, 7M-GE vs 7M-GTE.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 13:10:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052499771118164 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.