Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Suspension opinions for aw11 mr2

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

icon1.gif  Suspension opinions for aw11 mr2 Thu, 19 August 2004 03:45 Go to next message
Hi guys, ive got the funds to do my suspension right now, and i had previously got a quote for KYB shocks and Whiteline Control springs from whiteline, EXCEPT! i just rang them and they no longer sell the KYBS!??! and only do koni, which are double the price Shocked . I dont particularly want to get konis, but at the same time dont want to get monroe or peddars. Does anyone know what happened to KYB? or alternative brands simliar to kyb that i should try?
  Send a private message to this user    
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Suspension opinions for aw11 mr2 Thu, 19 August 2004 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ring around, it is possible that while whiteline no longer sells kybs, that they are available from other places.

[Updated on: Thu, 19 August 2004 04:22]

Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Suspension opinions for aw11 mr2 Thu, 19 August 2004 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah will do, but im sure i thought i read somewhere about kyb stopping kyb for the aw11, just checking... kyb website is crap and hasnt been fully updated.
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Suspension opinions for aw11 mr2 Thu, 19 August 2004 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spoke to the distributor earlier this year- they do not import aw11 or sw20 shocks any more.

koni or monroe are 2 names that come to mind that still do them

T
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Suspension opinions for aw11 mr2 Thu, 19 August 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arent monroe really crap? and koni are awesome but BLING... kyb were the midway for me... what do you reccomend? whiteline sell koni for 300 front and 300 rear.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Suspension opinions for aw11 mr2 Thu, 19 August 2004 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and the kybs when i got quoted a while back were 180 front and 180 rear... so its a pretty big difference in price.
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Suspension opinions for aw11 mr2 Thu, 19 August 2004 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
monroe are at the bottom end of the food chain, but if you don't want to pay for koni's!.. (remember that koni can be rebuit wheras the kyb cannot)

i'll sniff around & see what else is available

T
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Suspension opinions for aw11 mr2 Thu, 19 August 2004 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rebuilt ay, i suppose that is alot cheaper than getting new shocks?
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Suspension opinions for aw11 mr2 Thu, 19 August 2004 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think the Gabriel shocks are better than the Monroes/Pedders. but that is personal prefference.. Wink
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Suspension opinions for aw11 mr2 Thu, 19 August 2004 08:57 Go to previous message
i think i might have to bite the bullet and get koni's.... hope they are worth it.... gabriel.. i dont know much about shocks but i know pedders and monroe eat the wang.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:White Wall Tyres - Where from ????
Next Topic:what diff for ke70
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 22 01:44:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042459964752197 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.