Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4A Turbo matching

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TraeKe86
Occasional Poster

October 2003
Re: 4A Turbo matching Wed, 31 December 2003 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you sure vl turbo injectors dont fit? My mate ad's and I tried it and they do :/ maybe 100kw / 86kw / gze rails are diff, haha I cant remember which one they fit in, i think we are running the gze rail at the moment..

Im not sure how much power the 26's make, might try and cross my finger and hope the engine doesnt pop on the dyno in january running about 20psi, it's the steel wheeled version with the 7m so it has a larger exhaust housing, the compressor wheel may be the disadvantage, may have to put a larger housing on *shrug*

I mean, Ill live with 250rwhp, but 300 is the goal..

*time for reality* haha Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4A Turbo matching Thu, 01 January 2004 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak the fuel rails are the same on the ge and gze (apart from where the fuel line and reg are mounted).
why not use 440cc 7mgte injectors if you want bigger than the 365cc gze ones?
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4A Turbo matching Thu, 01 January 2004 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TraeK86: maybe you found some wierd injectors, cause i'm 99% certain that they are hosetail, and infact, I remember that they flow less than 365cc also, so would be a downgrade from GZE ones.

Good luck with the CT26, 300rwhp will be a tough ask on 20psi, unless you change the compressor wheel for something more efficient at higher boost/horsepower. Will you be at the Toymods dyno day? Hope to see you there.

Cheers
Phil

Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: 4A Turbo matching Thu, 01 January 2004 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VL turbo injectors are 100% hosetail and will not fit the GE or GZE rails...
Sprinta
Regular

September 2002
Re: 4A Turbo matching Fri, 02 January 2004 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TE72:
What injectors are you running? What can the stock gze injectors handle power wise etc?
ta
Bazooka
Regular

April 2003

Re: 4A Turbo matching Sat, 03 January 2004 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Geez, I leave you boys alone for a couple of days and look what happens. Now we're talking injectors??
HAHA Laughing
No matter I dont care, Im interested to know how this all turns out anyway. Keep it going Very Happy
Thanks heaps to everyone who has helped me by giving out their information.
Oh, and I do know for sure that the VL (nissan) injectors wont fit the 4A fuel rail. Yes they are hose tailed.
TraeKe86
Occasional Poster

October 2003
Re: 4A Turbo matching Sat, 03 January 2004 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fair enuff, I must have some wierd arse vl injectors then *shrug* if they flow less than I wont worry about them and just search down some 7m injectors (thanks for the heads up)

And I dont think ill be at the toymods dyno day.. Where is it? what time? car will be on dyno at motorvation thou..

thanks for the info guys, catcha

oh and yeah, im gonna upgrade the compressor housing to something larger..

bc
Sprinta
Regular

September 2002
Re: 4A Turbo matching Sat, 03 January 2004 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Te72: Us 2 are in Perth so you wont be seeing us there Smile
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4A Turbo matching Sat, 03 January 2004 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Te72: Us 2 are in Perth so you wont be seeing us there

I guess that's a good enough reason Very Happy Razz

10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: 4A Turbo matching Sat, 24 January 2004 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok just got back from the dyno tuning the 4age with the wrx turbo on it, it made 186rwhp on 11psi boost, personally i think the turbo is a fraction small and the s15 turbo would be a better match, the intercooler on this car is pretty average (gt4 celica air to air) but for circuit racing which this clubman will be doing it is a pretty damm good match

specs on this motor are

86kw import RWD motor
WRX TD04L turbo
Microtech LT8
4AGZE injectors
custom exhaust manafold

with a malpassi reg and some more boost it will make well over 220rwhp which in a clubman will be a weapon,

Dale
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4A Turbo matching Sat, 24 January 2004 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak the internals of this 4age are standard?

sounds good man, post up some pics. Smile
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: 4A Turbo matching Sun, 25 January 2004 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
motor is totally standard, 9.3:1 comp. bigport head etc,

i have some pics on the digi cam and ill scan in the dyno sheet

the tune is very very safe as he circuit races it and there is probably 10-15hp there if i thorw some more timing in and pull some more fuel out, i cant see 240rwhp being a problem on 18psi

Dale
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4A Turbo matching Sun, 25 January 2004 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak awesome. Evil or Very Mad
my current 4agte is useing my old 4age with the 9.4:1 c/r cast pistons. but i put a 1mm metal head gasket shim in with the head gasket to drop the c/r a bit. to this day i dont know why i didnt just leave it stock c/r. DOH!
only running 7psi at the moment, when i get my w2a i/c in i will up the boost. as i am still running the factory 4agze ECU tuning for better hp is not really an option yet, would be nice to get a microtech or something simular.

Smile
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: 4A Turbo matching Sun, 25 January 2004 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what injectors are you running?? 4agze?? these will max out at about 14psi with the standard pressure reg, we will fit a 1.7:1 malpassi to get 18psi out of them,

Dale
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4A Turbo matching Sun, 25 January 2004 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak yep running the 4agze injectors. i did a complete 4agze conversion on my car in 99, then i converted it to turbo back in july 2002. i got 9 months of 12psi before i broke it.

this 4agte is my intrim one until i either rebuild the other motor or buy another complete 4agze to put my turbo stuff onto.
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: 4A Turbo matching Sun, 25 January 2004 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what caused it to die?? melted piston??

here are the pics of the clubman, still have to scan the dyno sheet in.

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/dheiler/dyno/clubman1.jpg
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/dheiler/dyno/clubman2.jpg
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/dheiler/dyno/clubman3.jpg

Dale

[Updated on: Sun, 25 January 2004 12:31]

TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4A Turbo matching Sun, 25 January 2004 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice work.. Cool Do you run an oil cooler in there as well, or is it just a remote filter only? If so, what sort of cooler core do you use?

Cheers

Phil
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4A Turbo matching Sun, 25 January 2004 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak that looks sooo sweet man. i have always liked them clubman/open wheeler set-ups.

i was on a high speed run for a reasonable period of time and melted the tab off the end of my #4 spark plug which stuffed the top of the piston and scored the bore.
i put it down to a inefficient i/c, plus advanced timing (about 12-14 degrees base timing) with-out knowing my air/fuel ratio with the 12psi. DOH!

i still drove it about 300k's to get home after it happened though.
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: 4A Turbo matching Mon, 26 January 2004 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep there is a oil cooler in there, it is a s6 rx7 core with the thermostat removed for full flow all the time, i have some other pics of that somewhere.

this car is a sweet piece of gear, full carbon fibre dash, carbon front guards etc, looks aweosme, i got a call from the owner last night and he thinks it may be a little to fast as it was wheel spinning all the way through second gear Laughing Laughing i told him pulling more power out is going to be a problem as boost wont go below 10psi but more power is easy!! i have never seen a bigger smile on a guys face after going for a drive!

damm man that sux, to burn the end off the spark plug you would have had to be rather lean, one thing i found tuning this one is that it didnt like a lot of timing at all, mostly due to the cooler not working the best, at 11psi boost it is only running 14deg timing, anything over 17deg it would ping its ass off at 4500rpm with the fuel mixtures in the mid 11's.

Dale
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4A Turbo matching Mon, 26 January 2004 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you measured the actual intake temps? I'm surprised it wouldnt wear 17 degrees at that low boost. I guess there's heaps of potential left in it then! Very Happy
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: 4A Turbo matching Mon, 26 January 2004 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the air temps were 65+ on a 30deg day, that is what was killing it, it needs a good cooler and it will make bucket loads more power,

i have tuned cars that like 20deg on 11psi but some others only like 15, it really depends on the motor!

Dale
Necros
Regular

September 2002
Re: 4A Turbo matching Mon, 26 January 2004 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I take it that the turbo manifold on the clubman isnt tuned length ?

Do many people run tuned lenght manifolds on their 4a-gte's?

[Updated on: Mon, 26 January 2004 07:47]

10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: 4A Turbo matching Mon, 26 January 2004 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope not tuned length, to make a good tuned length manafold your looking at well over $1000 just for the manafold, they make no more power and just increase the time it takes to spool the turbo, a manafold that is made with correct size runners and nice and short to keep the heat in the gas will spool the turbo much quicker than a long runner manafold,

the manafold on my car is no where near tuned length and it makes 463rwhp on 18psi and pump fuel

Dale
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: 4A Turbo matching Wed, 28 January 2004 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That clubman is awesome...
Does anyone have any further info on non-nissan turbos. Like was mentioned earlier, the T28's are so popular they are hard to find.
What was the Rexxy turbo... a T04?
What about the RX-7 turbos and Mitsub?
Anyone know what the turbo on EVO Lancers is?
What about OEM twin turbo setups like on the Nissan 300z's etc... how do they work? are the 2 turbos slightly different. For instance if I had a clapped out Z-car twin turbo engine would i be able to use one and then give the other one to my mate for his 4A... or do they only work for a twin configuration.
I have noticed that the WRX exhaust outlet is a pretty odd shape... is it easy to get the flanges???
Just tossing a few (hundred) questions in there to keep this informative thread goin!
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: 4A Turbo matching Wed, 28 January 2004 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One of these!!!!
http://search1.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search?sb=desc ,cat&desc=%a5%bf%a1%bc%a5%d3&cat=26318& ;auccat=26318&acc=jp&apg=&f=0x12&s 1=cbids&o1=a&alocale=0jp&mode=0
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: 4A Turbo matching Wed, 28 January 2004 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adamb131 wrote on Wed, 28 January 2004 14:13

That clubman is awesome...
Does anyone have any further info on non-nissan turbos. Like was mentioned earlier, the T28's are so popular they are hard to find.
What was the Rexxy turbo... a T04?
What about the RX-7 turbos and Mitsub?
Anyone know what the turbo on EVO Lancers is?
What about OEM twin turbo setups like on the Nissan 300z's etc... how do they work? are the 2 turbos slightly different. For instance if I had a clapped out Z-car twin turbo engine would i be able to use one and then give the other one to my mate for his 4A... or do they only work for a twin configuration.
I have noticed that the WRX exhaust outlet is a pretty odd shape... is it easy to get the flanges???
Just tossing a few (hundred) questions in there to keep this informative thread goin!

a s15 t28 would be my pick of the ulitmate cheap turbo for a 4age, the td04 rexy turbo like on the clubman is great as well, nice spool (read no lag) and good top end power on low boost, s15 turbo would out power the wrx turbo by a long way tho,

im running a ct12 of a twin turbo supra on the misses starlet the turbo would be good for a 3cyl charade (it gets 15psi at 2000rpm and is always spooling!) forget the turbo off a twin turbo 6 they are way too samll

early sr20 turbos like the t25 s13 and the t28 s14 would be good, the t25 would be a little small but the s14 t28 would be ok, a rb20 turbo would be good but the ceramic exhaust wheels are shit, rx7 turbo would be way too big, they are laggy on a good 2L, mitzu turbos are very similer to the wrx turbo and would be ok to use as well, altho the wrx ones are eaiser to find and are around $400 for a good one

flanges are easy to get, liverpool exhaust has most in stock or any good machine shop will oxy cut them for you for not a lot of $$$

always use factory metal gaskets between the manafolds and turbo, and turbo and dump pipe anything else will blow out! so add around $100 for the 2 gaskets or you will be fixing exhaust leaks all the time!!

Dale

[Updated on: Wed, 28 January 2004 04:48]

qik8e86
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: 4A Turbo matching Wed, 17 March 2004 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so, how much is one looking at getting a t28 with ceramic wheels hi flowed and steel wheels put in it???
anyone have a rough idea???
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: 4A Turbo matching Wed, 17 March 2004 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
youd be looking at about $1000, so not really worth it, better off to buy a s15 t28 that has steel wheels already
RSWEPN
Newcomer

August 2004
Re: 4A Turbo matching Thu, 19 August 2004 11:59 Go to previous message
Hey just a question about my mates 4AGZE corolla. Its got a custom exhaust manifold and a GSR lancer turbo with a front mount cooler and i was just wondering how much boost it could run on the stock computer before running into problems. Thanks
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Are AE92 Seca & Levin coupe parts interchangeable?
Next Topic:JAP OCTANE FUEL
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 00:11:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007235050201416 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.