AuthorTopic
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

3T-GTE Engine, Complete Sun, 01 August 2004 05:24 Go to next message
For Sale,

Complete 3T-GTE Engine, including Turbo, coils ignitors and oil cooler. No Flywheel, ECU or Loom. (There is a flex plate there for it)

The engine is part of an abandonded project. It has been rebuilt and has not been started since. The engine is as I bought it. Pistons are Toyota, 40 tho oversize.

No pics due to lack of Digital Camera Sorry.

$1300

0416 181 284

[Updated on: Sun, 22 August 2004 13:31]

Send a private message to this user    
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 3T-GTE Engine, Complete Sun, 01 August 2004 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate LT1974 is after one in the parts wanted section. try PM them directly... there are actually a couple of people after one in the parts wanted...

a bit of match making HEY Very Happy ... i would love it but cant afford that ATM
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 3T-GTE Engine, Rebuilt - Complete Tue, 03 August 2004 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forgot to mention. It Includes Coils and Ignitors and the Injectors/tps etc has its own mini loom.

Perfect for an aftermarket ECU.

Keep in mind this is a fully rebuilt Engine.

$1300 ono (open to resonable offers)
ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
Re: 3T-GTE Engine, Complete Tue, 03 August 2004 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This sounds like a very good deal though and im interested but im in hobart and i just want to know will it bolt up to the T-50? or can i get an adaptor plate? also how many k's had the motor originally done? and was it out of a corina in japan? thanks. as my engine has a 3T-C already it should match up to the same engine mounts? do you know what needs to be done to fit it into a T-18? a friend can help me but i havent asked him yet.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 3T-GTE Engine, Complete Tue, 03 August 2004 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
straight bolt to T-50, i believe all T series bellhouses are the same, i got a 3tgte with t50 im building now...

HOBART DAMN Shocked mate check how much shipping would be, i know to transfer a car from QLD to SYD is $300 but a motor from SYD to TAS ..............................

you shouldnt really worry too much on what Ks it did before cause its had a rebuild...

anyway im sure toyman can take over from here... try call him
GOT_M.I.L.F.
Regular

December 2003
Re: 3T-GTE Engine, Complete Tue, 03 August 2004 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u want to seperate very interested in ignitors, cash waiting Smile
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 3T-GTE Engine, Complete Wed, 04 August 2004 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ToyT18,

Yes mate it will bolt up to a T50 no worries at all and in Std Trim the T50 will handle it ok.

I have no Idea haw many K's it had done or what it was out of Sorry. Its as I purchased it. I haven't touched a thing on it other than have a mechanic look inside with a borascope to check the pistons and bores - ( All look great and new BTW)

As for fitting into a T-18 you may need to look at the turbo drain but otherwise I can't forsee any hassels at all.

Shipping will be a Bugger. I work 12 hours a day so won't be able to help out in that regard as I am never home sorry Sad

gingernuts
Regular

December 2002
Re: 3T-GTE Engine, Complete Wed, 04 August 2004 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You have new pm!
got any recipts for the rebuild & who did the work???
users wife
Newcomer

July 2004
Re: 3T-GTE Engine, Complete Thu, 05 August 2004 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi there, this is the LT1974 login but it is actually for my new project. Did you actually have the engine running and if so what was your opinion? I am looking at draging my new beast when finished. Also would you know an approx price on shipping to Adelaide? thanks Smile
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 3T-GTE Engine, Complete Fri, 06 August 2004 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The engine has not been run at all since it was rebuilt.

I have no idea on shipping costs sorry.
schmitt
Regular

February 2004
Re: 3T-GTE Engine, Complete Fri, 06 August 2004 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you have an idea of what power the engine is putting out.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 3T-GTE Engine, Complete Fri, 06 August 2004 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
should be pulling bout 90rwkw i believe
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 3T-GTE Engine, Complete Sun, 08 August 2004 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Schmitt,

As I have not had the engine running myself I don't knwo what it will produce on the Dyno. Fade-e is right tho. A stock 3T-GTE in good nick will produce around 90rwkw, give or take a few.

fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 3T-GTE Engine, Complete Mon, 09 August 2004 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys im bumping this for ROD becuase it is so worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked and adding this...

i just went a picked up a 3TGTE head from him a couple hours ago and saw this motor he is selling.

guys this thing is immac!!! Shocked i wish i had my digi cam when i went for you all to see but here is a description...

- polished chrome sump
- yellow block
- normal alloy head and rocker
- polished chrome plenum and intake

now i didnt get a chance to see the turbo as i was more concerned with the head i was picking up and the car he is building (sounds like he is going to have a FREAKING BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad ) but the motor looks like it just came out of factory NO LIE.

not a dot of dirt or anything else for that matter other than that the chroming would need a clean with silvo or something so for the price he is selling it for it is no doubt a bargain.

now i dont know ROD and tonight was the first time i met him (TOP BLOKE TOO, pleasure meeting you!!!) and therefore have no reason to lie to you all on his behalf BELIEVE ME IT IS A SMICK MOTOR PEOPLE

as he said it is complete and in perfect nick other than fly, loom and ecu (loom and ecu can be bought from turbocaldina as he is selling it for $100) and any 2T/3T fly will fit on it as all T series are the same but i would get a lightened one off the bat for it

so who ever is interested in a 3TGTE should really consider this, im surprised he is selling it cause if it were me i would keep it spare for the one he is building and also i would buy it without hesitation if i could afford it but i cant ATM

so ROD if you dont sell it and still have it in bout 12 months ill definately take it Very Happy
The Inflamable Hulk
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: 3T-GTE Engine, Complete Mon, 09 August 2004 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What car did it come out of?
schmitt
Regular

February 2004
Re: 3T-GTE Engine, Complete Wed, 11 August 2004 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey toyman can youpm me your number or address and also when you are available so i can organise to come and look at it. i will also send you a pm.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 3T-GTE Engine, Complete Fri, 13 August 2004 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the wrap Fade-e,

The sump is actually just painted silver but yeah the plenum is all polished and I forgot to mention it has the oil cooler attached as well.

I will hopefully be getting pics of it this weekend.

during work hours sms me on 0416 181 284 if anyone is interested.
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: 3T-GTE Engine, Complete Fri, 13 August 2004 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2T and 3T-GTE flywheels are not the same. The 3T-GTE flywheel is slightly bigger. I erlalise you did say 2T and 3T are the same, I am just making a (nice) point in case someone out there decides to jump up and down about this.

Knowing Rod (as I do) this would certianly be the bargian of the month.

fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 3T-GTE Engine, Complete Fri, 13 August 2004 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought al T series were the same Confused i guess i havent seen the 3TGTE fly but i interchanged my 2T onto my 3T and was exactly the same

if the 3TGTE is different then fair enough but i didnt know the stockies were different... oh well my mistake apologies if anyone since my post went a bought a 2T fly for a 3T Rolling Eyes Very Happy
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon6.gif  Re: 3T-GTE Engine, Complete Fri, 13 August 2004 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Phil,

I didn't notice that had been posted.

All T series Flywheels have the same bolt pattern but otherwise they are different. The 2T flywheel and 2TG flywheel are the same size BUT the 2T flywhell is 12kg, the 2TG flywheel is 8kg.

The 3T-GTE flyweel has a different bolt pattern for the clutch cover and can take a wider pressure plate.

A 1G-GTE flywheel is the same size as a 3T-GTE one but I cannot confirm if they are the same weight. I actually run a Billet item on mine, I went for the smaller size pressure disc due to a wider availability of pressure plate options.

Hope that sorts any questions Smile
freakincage_com
Regular

September 2003
Re: 3T-GTE Engine, Complete Wed, 18 August 2004 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey would u b willing to seperate the plenium??? i could buy urs and give u my old one???3TGTE intake(stock).......if not its understandible...good luck wit da sale!!!!
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 3T-GTE Engine, Complete Wed, 18 August 2004 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry mate the polished plenum stays with the engine. I have a spare one if you were chasing one to have polished tho.

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 3T-GTE Engine, Complete Thu, 19 August 2004 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is a pick of the engine Smile

As you can see it has the oil cooler and the coils and ignitors are there beneath it Smile

http://www.toymods.org.au/~rod/Parts/3T-GTE%20001.jpg

CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: 3T-GTE Engine, Complete Fri, 20 August 2004 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cannot believe this has not sold, talk about a great deal!?! I am reminded of a conversation I had with someone on the phone the other day, where he commented that "the forums are full of fuckwits, fortunately they aren't Toymods members, and don't come to the events, so the club has a very good social atmosphere!"
djbourboncan
Regular

August 2004
Re: 3T-GTE Engine, Complete Sat, 21 August 2004 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyman, pm sent

you can get me on messenger
dj_bourbon_can@hotmail.com
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 3T-GTE Engine, Complete Sun, 22 August 2004 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Engine is still very much for sale.
jarrad
Regular

May 2003
Re: 3T-GTE Engine, Complete Wed, 25 August 2004 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Rod,
Looks like i will take the engine, i just gotta find a freight company to carry it for me at a reasonable cost.
If you can send me an invoice ill deposit cash for ya.
Any tips on good cheap freight?
jarrad
Regular

May 2003
Re: 3T-GTE Engine, Complete Mon, 13 September 2004 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Rod
I picked my engine up today, looks great. Cheers for those little extras. Sanding my car back this week, its gonna be Gloss Black with the engine repainted Hot Pink. Ill keep ya updated on the build. Pleasure doin business.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 3T-GTE Engine, Complete Mon, 13 September 2004 22:23 Go to previous message
Glad to here it arrived safely champ Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FWD Celica 18 inch rims
Next Topic:Ta 22 parts for sale