Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Wed, 18 August 2004 02:18 Go to next message
Hi i found this dude that makes the dump pipes and they look like this
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=6130
I had a chat to him a he says if we can get a few together he'll do them for around the 350 mark howz that sound???

Attachment: Normal%20dumps%28No%20coating%29.jpg
(Size: 31.26KB, Downloaded 766 time(s))

[Updated on: Wed, 18 August 2004 02:28]

Send a private message to this user    
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Wed, 18 August 2004 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah but what if you already have a sports exhaust, will they bolt straight on, and how big are they in diameter
poombah
Regular

August 2002

Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Wed, 18 August 2004 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it thats a 3" downpipe on it then count me in for sure!
GOTHESR
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Wed, 18 August 2004 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, if that a three inch pipe then count me in.

acmtt
Regular

March 2003
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Wed, 18 August 2004 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are they Dave Wilson's dump pipes?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Wed, 18 August 2004 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is cheap!

and they have the spot for the 02 sensor. I had to make a bracket for mine Rolling Eyes Dodgy MOFO!
SkiDMaN
Regular

June 2002

Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Wed, 18 August 2004 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there was a HPI mag not long ago that had a add near the first few pages... was selling pre made dump pipes for 350 aswell... u could prolly just ring... give em the money and they will send em out to ya

Pete
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Wed, 18 August 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they dont look to bad, id be IN for a group buy 4 shizzle.

unless your trying to keep this a well kept secret could you pass on his info so others ie. ME could call him for more info, saves us asking you questions.

Cheers.
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Wed, 18 August 2004 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing secret for now i'll let everyone know soon though, it's my understanding that they are 2.5" dumps into a 3" it is being comfirmed as we type Smile
nope they are not Daves and all the ones i see in the mags for sale look like http://www.uniqueautosports.com/pricelists/General/toyota%20parts/soarerdumps4-s.jpg
and sell for $395
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Wed, 18 August 2004 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no twin dumps are a basic design, but these are pretty basic pipes, more expensive and advanced designs (ie martin donnon's soarer by Evan @ PSI) had seperated wastegate paths decreasing turbulence interferance, twin flanges for easy installation (these dumps will require the whole turbo assembly being taken off) and stainless steel is also an option, but if you dont wanna pay $700 for the aformentioned than these will have to do, and anything over stock will be a pretty big improvement... throttle response and hp are all increased inconjunction with a full 3" system. boost spikes may become a problem at this point.
ive been quoted a increase of up to 40hp, ...the dyno will tell.

[Updated on: Wed, 18 August 2004 14:16]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Thu, 19 August 2004 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you shouldn't have to take the rear turbo off to fit them. I didn't anyway Smile mine are quite similar except they join further down the car and one has a flange on it.
poombah
Regular

August 2002

Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Thu, 19 August 2004 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool well lets get the ball rolling Smile

Who is the mob they are through, who is collecting payments etc?

Smile
GOTHESR
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Thu, 19 August 2004 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep - me keen too - jets get going, I need more HP!!!!!
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Thu, 19 August 2004 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
twin 2.5"'s into a 3" these will support in exess of 300RWKW so they wont be a prob....seperate wastegate pipes would be nice but at the end of the day its not a massive diff.... these i belive will work very well and for the price who's complaining!!! Very Happy
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Thu, 19 August 2004 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool, a dewd who works with metal makes em up apparently uses laser cut flanges ect and look to be of great quality we'll get the ball rolling now... who ever wants a set please pm me. i'll take a 100 dollar deposit and balance on completion howz this sound guyz???
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Thu, 19 August 2004 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does this 'dewd' have a Name, Business or Contact phone number?
Wildsupra
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Thu, 19 August 2004 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM SENT

how long will it take to get these made?

Cheers
Matty
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Thu, 19 August 2004 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wildsupra, didnt know yours had a 1j in it? who did the conversion?
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Thu, 19 August 2004 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave Johnson is the name i have... i havnt heard of dave wilson???...
mr2gze
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Thu, 19 August 2004 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mofo III, i believe Wildsupra did the conversion himself Very Happy
poombah
Regular

August 2002

Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Fri, 20 August 2004 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that car has the mother of all towel racks on it
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Fri, 20 August 2004 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
poombah wrote on Fri, 20 August 2004 12:42

that car has the mother of all towel racks on it

Not towel racks, trolley poles...Very Happy
Wildsupra
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Fri, 20 August 2004 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MOFO III- beeleedat mate is surely duz have a 1J in it, and yep i did the conversion myself along with the manual conversion and the ever so popular "TOWEL RACK" conversion.

Also i must say poombah u have inspired me and u will soon be seeing the mighty "TOWEL RACK" down at mc's, most unlikely drying towels though. Cool

[Updated on: Fri, 20 August 2004 10:37]

poombah
Regular

August 2002

Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Fri, 20 August 2004 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you know they look very cool with no rear wing Smile

Wildsupra
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Fri, 20 August 2004 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah then they look too much like a 180sx
and we cant have that, so the towel rack stays Razz
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Sat, 21 August 2004 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and back to the twin pipes.... Razz
TUB-11Y
Regular

February 2003

Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Sat, 21 August 2004 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mofo III wrote on Thu, 19 August 2004 00:14

ive been quoted a increase of up to 40hp, ...the dyno will tell.

dont know about 40hp, but my personal experience was 26rwhp and the boost went upto 11psi from stock
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Sat, 21 August 2004 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
erm... stock is 11.6psi

+6 x 100mmHg = (.8kg/cm2/bar/kpa) = 11.6psi Smile

mx83toy - we greatly appreciate you informing us of these dump pipes at such a low price, but if you want us to start making deposits your gonna have to earn our trust and give us all the information we need.

i dunno about other people, but if you think you can open a thread, give us 1 unsubstantiated name to go buy, and expect us/me to start giving our money to you as deposits ($100) then you are kidding yourself.

right now from the way you have been avoiding my questions and showing a lack of leadership, my best guess is either your hiding details from us so you can make money off us or;
these dump pipes dont even exist and your planning a huge scam.

either way you wont see my (and anybody else's money god forbid) untill you provide us with enough information to satisfy us that these dump pipes exist, are of quality on par with what you have provided in the supplied picture, that you have either a written contract with a legitmate metal fabricator or can assure us that we will get our deposits back if the supplier falls through; to say the least!

i have made certain administrators aware of this thread and they are keeping a close eye on it.

Good Luck.

Todd.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Sat, 21 August 2004 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mofo III wrote on Sun, 22 August 2004 00:28

erm... stock is 11.6psi

+6 x 100mmHg = (.8kg/cm2/bar/kpa) = 11.6psi Smile

mx83toy - we greatly appreciate you informing us of these dump pipes at such a low price, but if you want us to start making deposits your gonna have to earn our trust and give us all the information we need.

i dunno about other people, but if you think you can open a thread, give us 1 unsubstantiated name to go buy, and expect us/me to start giving our money to you as deposits ($100) then you are kidding yourself.

right now from the way you have been avoiding my questions and showing a lack of leadership, my best guess is either your hiding details from us so you can make money off us or;
these dump pipes dont even exist and your planning a huge scam.

either way you wont see my (and anybody else's money god forbid) untill you provide us with enough information to satisfy us that these dump pipes exist, are of quality on par with what you have provided in the supplied picture, that you have either a written contract with a legitmate metal fabricator or can assure us that we will get our deposits back if the supplier falls through; to say the least!

i have made certain administrators aware of this thread and they are keeping a close eye on it.

Good Luck.

Todd.

as far as I was aware, stock was around 8-9 psi.. and thats what ive always been told
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Sat, 21 August 2004 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is a picture of the instrument cluster of my car, its a november 1991 jza70 toyota supra twin turbo R, it has a 1jz-gte in it, the picture shows my standard boost gauge, on the boost gauge it shows a maxium reading of +6 x 100mmHg, this simple maths equation equates to 600 millimeters mercury @ 0'C, 600mmHg (fullboost as illustrated) equates to 11.6021 psi.
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=6187

Attachment: fullboost.jpg
(Size: 48.07KB, Downloaded 377 time(s))

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Sat, 21 August 2004 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mofo III wrote on Sun, 22 August 2004 00:39

this is a picture of the instrument cluster of my car, its a november 1991 jza70 toyota supra twin turbo R, it has a 1jz-gte in it, the picture shows my standard boost gauge, on the boost gauge it shows a maxium reading of +6 x 100mmHg, this simple maths equation equates to 600 millimeters mercury @ 0'C, 600mmHg (fullboost as illustrated) equates to 11.6021 psi.
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=6187

absolutely no mods?.. like not even cat back exhaust?

cause generally most gauges etc generally give some leeway so that normal is not the highest point of the gauge, if u get my drift

[Updated on: Sat, 21 August 2004 15:01]

Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Sat, 21 August 2004 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it doesnt matter if i have a T88 on the bastard, what it shows is what it is, standard boost gauges are extremely accurate as long as they are operating within there native boost range, if i took a shot of me boosting at 20psi (example!), the needle would be fouling the top of the gauge, then it would be inaccurate.

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Sat, 21 August 2004 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mofo III wrote on Sun, 22 August 2004 01:18

it doesnt matter if i have a T88 on the bastard, what it shows is what it is, standard boost gauges are extremely accurate as long as they are operating within there native boost range, if i took a shot of me boosting at 20psi (example!), the needle would be fouling the top of the gauge, then it would be inaccurate.

you didnt answer my question...
did you have any mods at all with that picture?.. it would matter cause any sort of breathing mods(even a cat back exhaust) will bring the boost level up automatically.. hence not being at std boost anymore
and it would matter if u had a t88 on it.......
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Sat, 21 August 2004 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your question is totally irrelevant.

standard boost is defined by the cars manufacturer preset.
toyota put a max of 600mmHg on my boost gauge and as long as the needle doesnt rise above that mark, im running standard boost.

just because a car is stock and doesnt mean it will run less boost, it just doesnt breath as freely as a modified car and wont reach full boost unless operated in prime conditions.

as long as the wastegates on my car remain untouched, boost will always be governed to 'standard' to the best of the wastegates ability.

no matter which way you look at it, it doesnt matter what mods i do to my car, as long as the ecu AND turbos/wastegates are standard, they are limiting boost to stock levels.

do you understand now?

celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Sat, 21 August 2004 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

just because a car is stock and doesnt mean it will run less boost, it just doesnt breath as freely as a modified car and wont reach full boost unless operated in prime conditions.

Umm imn sorry this is totally incorrect opening up an exhaust WILL increase boost on stock 1j . And in most situations on any turbo car .
removing a restriction in an exhaust allows MORE air past the exhasut wheel making more boost

stock boost on most 1js is 9 psi and 11 psi with dumps and free flowing exhaust .

with SOME exhaust designs boost has been as high as 14 psi without even a boost controller fitted

THE REAR TURBO DOES NOT HAVE TO BE REMOVED !!!!

These dumps look quite ok and are a copy of the original dumps we had made about 5 years ago .

The bends are a little sharp but the price is good
It seems a lot of people have misunderstood the design of the original dumps and their purpose .

JUST ADDING DUMPS WILL MAKE VERY LITTLE DIFFERNCE THE ENTIRE EXHAUST SYTEM NEEDS TO BE UPGRADED

Yes removing the restriction gives a good power gain .
The amount of power gained is relative to boost
at 16 psi good dumps will provide around 40 h.p @ wheels .

The BIG gain is mid range power delivery and torque

in order to get this much increase you need either twin cats or no cat and VERY high flowing exhaust . Ie all mandrel bends good mufflers

The dumps used to get the 40 h.p gain where much smoother particularly the bend at the first flange and they do not rejoin for about 1.5 metres under the car .

This ensures a massive reduction in heat both under bonnet and at the exhaust wheel but also get more air past the turbo faster . spool up time is reduced

although seperate wastegate dumps should in theory work better .the design we made like the Martin donnan ones gave a fatter midrange but seemed to make only minor gains in the top end .

The lastest generation dumps i had made give a HUGE midrange power increase and with considerably better spool up time PLUS the top end power curve is still smooth
0-100 times dropped to 4.69 secs and i think the 8.58 1/4 mile at dubbo (fastest stock turbo 1j) says it all

DEATILED photos of these will be avialable on my webpage in the next few weeks .THEY WILL NOT BE FOR SALE
http://www.hiperboost.com

however for the price these dumps look fine bang for buck cant argue.Just make sure the rest of the system is good enough to allow the dumps to actually work

the end result depends ENTIRLEY on the length of the 2.5 inch pipes then the total amount of flow the rest of the system can provide

the big thing to remember is that dumps allow higher boost to be run constantly without fear of killing turbos

MX83 toy

it may be worth adding that dumps will not fit ANY car they need to be specifiaclly manufactured to fit soarer,supra,cressdia etc. The postion of the steering arm causes this .

does this guy have a set of dumps for each specific vehicle or will he only make to fit certain cars

for the price these dumps look great !!!!!!

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Sun, 22 August 2004 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mofo III wrote on Sun, 22 August 2004 03:23

your question is totally irrelevant.

standard boost is defined by the cars manufacturer preset.
toyota put a max of 600mmHg on my boost gauge and as long as the needle doesnt rise above that mark, im running standard boost.

as long as the wastegates on my car remain untouched, boost will always be governed to 'standard' to the best of the wastegates ability.

no matter which way you look at it, it doesnt matter what mods i do to my car, as long as the ecu AND turbos/wastegates are standard, they are limiting boost to stock levels.

do you understand now?

where does your information come from?, i know for a fact that adding exhaust and such on any turbo car pretty much raises boost.
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Sun, 22 August 2004 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=celicamad wrote on Sun, 22 August 2004 07:49]
Quote:

stock boost on most 1js is 9 psi and 11 psi with dumps and free flowing exhaust .

ok maybe i should have cleared this up in the first place.

you guys really need to define the word 'stock' / 'standard'...

...if you define standard boost by the maxium amount of boost a standard 1j equipped car see's on any given day, that would make sense to me in real world terms, but its still wrong.

...if you define standard boost by the maximum amount of boost the fucking car was designed to cope with, that the standard boost guage reads, then you would be correct. but this is the most technical definition that im guessing you wern't referring to.

SO in this case, if you want to talk in street terms then,
YES a modified car will see more boost than a standard car.
YES a standard 1j car will struggle to see more than 9psi on any given day.

mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Sun, 22 August 2004 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope no scams and shit i've been a part of toymods back from the older days and all who know me know i'd NEVER rip off ANYONE!!!, but if all feel that way its cool canceling thread

<<taking bad stuff out here>>

[Updated on: Sun, 22 August 2004 13:44]

manmx83
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Sun, 22 August 2004 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is no point spitting the dummy when asked to present the info in an organised way,although it could have been done more diplomatically.I also need dump pipes but was watching and waiting for accurate info.I believe it was fair comment that people generally expect to be able to confirm details with a supplier before parting with cash.[reference to bad stuff removed].The buy was a good plan,pity you werent prepared to offer the necessary info.This forum is a great resource,and it is what WE make it.

[Updated on: Mon, 23 August 2004 14:59]

mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Sun, 22 August 2004 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave Johnson is the name on the guy making em up (no company name ect. he's a backyarder *but hey....some of the best shit comes outta ppls garages sometimes*) they are twin 2.5" into one 3" he quoted they"ll fit cressida, soara and supra (dont know how though other cressida ones looked more complex than these and no i'm not making any money off the deal at all.

next person to imply that im cheating someone, or being dishonest, piss off! thats not who i am and take offence to it...
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Sun, 22 August 2004 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
give the guy a break
he tries to help people and some of u be pricks
acmtt
Regular

March 2003
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Wed, 25 August 2004 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, i stand corrected it is Dave Johnson, an ALSC member. Several members have these dumps fitted and swear by their gains.

One member had them flow tested as well. near double the flow of the Y piece. If need be i can find that data and post it up for all to see.
Bolt on , no mod fitment.
Nice price.

I don't have these dumps on my car, i bought the competitions. I still believe these to be excellent value for money.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Thu, 26 August 2004 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mofo III wrote on Sun, 22 August 2004 14:12

ok maybe i should have cleared this up in the first place.

you guys really need to define the word 'stock' / 'standard'...

...if you define standard boost by the maxium amount of boost a standard 1j equipped car see's on any given day, that would make sense to me in real world terms, but its still wrong.

...if you define standard boost by the maximum amount of boost the fucking car was designed to cope with, that the standard boost guage reads, then you would be correct. but this is the most technical definition that im guessing you wern't referring to.

SO in this case, if you want to talk in street terms then,
YES a modified car will see more boost than a standard car.
YES a standard 1j car will struggle to see more than 9psi on any given day.

So by your "logic" and I use the term loosley here. My AW11 with a stock 4AGE should be able to rev to 9000RPM and hit 240kph since that is what the guages read up to. The guages aren't designed to be "maxed out" in production cars. They are designed to have some head room and to show off, pretending the car has more potential than it really does.

The facts of the matter are a stock 1j powered car, i.e. one that has not been modified (This tends to be the definition of stock), will tend to make around 9 pounds of boost. Of course if you modify the car with better air flow it can make more boost.

All you have shown is that the standard boost guage is incremented up to ~11 pounds of boost.

On a side note, most factory guages are rather poorly calibrated at the outer ends of their measuring range.
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Thu, 26 August 2004 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my 1J made 0.74 BAR (digital readout using recal funtion.....

anyway....

you guyz still what to go ahead with a group buy?????
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Thu, 26 August 2004 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont remember talking about mr2's, speedo's, or the rpm tacho anywhere in my posts, but just to be relative, my speedo reads to 180kph, the car bounces off speed limiter in 4th gear, still has another gear to go!
rpm tacho reads to 8000rpm, and i try not to bounce off the limiter for this one.

what you said for the latter part sounds right to me, my car is still running within the standard boost range.

toyota boost gauge's arn't most boost gauges. dead accurate untill overboosting.

I'm still keen as mustard for these dump pipes, but like everyone else, we are just sitting here waiting... for nothing.

mx83toy what dont you understand about this, you have the hookup, you have all the info, you have the contact, you are the thread starter, you are organising all of this, why are days goin by with you posting nothing, what do you expect us to do???, we have already shown heaps of expression of interest in this thread, which means many people want these dump's.

get off your ass, give us info, a contact, a bank account number and a time of completion and we will do the rest... give you deposits.

manmx83
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Thu, 26 August 2004 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it would be fair for anyone to contact Dave Johnson at this stage [unacceptable delay] and ask his ok to post his details here with the necessary start/finish/deposit details etc.We obviously require some guidelines re how a group buy situation should be conducted as this is an excellent example of how to STUFF IT UP.
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Thu, 26 August 2004 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agreed.
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Thu, 26 August 2004 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well dave told me it will take him 2 week ends to make the lot and will do them for 350 if i order 10....i don't want to order 10 or more if i dont have definants... i don't want to have dave stuck with like 6 sets cause i told him to make 10...I asked people who were keen to PM me so i can give em my bank details to have a deposit deposited. from there when i had enough together i'd be giving dave the deposits to make up the pipes....from there its everything was getting handed over to dave....he was going to arrange shipping and collectiong of the rest of the money....i know it sounds hectic but it got us a cool price
Smile
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Thu, 26 August 2004 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On behalf of all interested parties of this group buy;

Can you please supply (Dave Johnson's) contact phone number / email address. (which-ever way you contacted him.)

Don't forget the area code, im in Perth so ill want to know what state he is in also.

Cheers.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 August 2004 07:05]

mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Thu, 26 August 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool i'll ask dave what methods of contact he whants me to give out... does everyone still want to go ahead??? 350 is a mad price for these!!! and i myself dont want to miss out!
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Thu, 26 August 2004 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sent him an email asking permision to give out his email addy..

PLEASE PM ME IF YOUR A DEFINANT BUYER EVEN THOSENEED NUMBERS!!! we have 4 so far!!!
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Thu, 26 August 2004 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you will find alot more people will place orders once they have made contact/ and comfirmed details with the supplier.
manmx83
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Thu, 26 August 2004 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mx83toy,I am sorry if we have been a bit hard on you,I realise these things [group buys] are not easy to organise and I agree we should not let this opportunity fall apart.I appreciate you bringing it to our attention and I would like to make a suggestion as to how we could proceed.
1.Interested parties will posta short simple post here in the following format:-
I am interested in purchasing these dumps provided they will fit without alteration the following vehichle:- bla bla
I wish to be contacted by Dave for confirmation they will fit this car.
I would like to deposit [once satisfied] to an account attached to Dave's name.I would like to be emailed at:- bla bla
THE END

Doing it this way removes all the "but you said" and all the responsibility lands with the one person who said it would fit,when it would be ready,who handles the freight,who quotes the freight etc etc.And perhaps they could be sent c.o.d. so customers are only forwarding $100 before they see something.
This will give you the numbers you require and us the details we require.What do you think.I will kick it off in a new post.....everybody else please do the same.
manmx83
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Thu, 26 August 2004 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am interested in buying these dumps provided they will fit mx83 cressida 1j [obviously] without alteration.
I want Dave to email me to confirm they will fit.
I want to deposit to Dave's account once satisfied with the details.
Please contact me at peterwj@tpg.com.au.
ps I am running out of time so dont keep me waiting too long.
Thankyou.
acmtt
Regular

March 2003
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Thu, 26 August 2004 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it would be hard to guarantee the fitting to each engine bay without fitting one first wouldn't it?

You can guarantee fitting to the engine though.

I think it would be a leap of faith for the first person to try. Depending on your level of modification you can always just get the Y piece power ported.

..J..
Regular

June 2004
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Thu, 26 August 2004 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they wont fit a cressida because of the steering arrangement. plain and simple. as someone earlier said.
poombah
Regular

August 2002

Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Fri, 27 August 2004 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im in sydney next week... is there anywhere someone can recommend me to go pick a set of these up for sub $400?

Can you private message me details if possible Smile

Thanks
manmx83
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Fri, 27 August 2004 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reading back through the posts on this subject,one post explains that the unique autosports dumps fit his 1j cressida,they were designed for soarer.This is the point.We cant purchase if they are going to hit your power steering.We are not talking about them linking up to your existing exhaust.If you are going to require additional work it will be of the common variety,Dumps are the hardest part to make and you cant purchase without knowing they will suit your stock position of components ie steering rack.Cheers.Pete.
manmx83
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Fri, 27 August 2004 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That info re uniques dumps fitting Cressida was posted by Millhouse in tech + conversions "1jz dump pipes".He said he recently purchased and they fitted without alteration although they were CLOSE to the power steering.
Can we please keep this thread solely for people wanting to get involved in the group buy-please post your interest so numbers can be assessed.Fitting issues can be addressed by the maker. Cheers.Pete.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 August 2004 02:55]

mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ Dump Pipes Group Buy Fri, 27 August 2004 02:24 Go to previous message
by popular demand!!!!
daves addi

dje@dragnet.com.au

he does say they'll fit the cressi.....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Manifold + Downpipe + T28 Turbo for sale.
Next Topic:Jza80 parts F/S
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 15:42:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.009486198425293 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.