Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Advice on buying a Soarer?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Neuby
Occasional Poster

November 2002
icon9.gif  Advice on buying a Soarer? Fri, 20 August 2004 06:05 Go to next message
Hello all. I've had enough of my VL calais turbo and am looking at buying another car. I went for a ride in my mates brother's Soarer TT. Very comfy and shmick! I'd love to have one. But there was one distrubing thing about the soarer, and that is alarming amount of stuff that was electic.

How reliable is the electrics in a soarer? Any tips or advice to note when looking at a soarer? Any help appreciated....

cheers
Neuby
  Send a private message to this user    
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Advice on buying a Soarer? Fri, 20 August 2004 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there are a couple of people here with soarers but your best bet would be to go to ALSC or planetsoarer as they have heaps of info. about soarer electrics and other stuff.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Advice on buying a Soarer? Fri, 20 August 2004 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only thing I know is that their headlights leak water.
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Advice on buying a Soarer? Sat, 21 August 2004 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not all of them leak water. I've owned a Soarer for 3 years without a single bit of moisture in mine.

Reliability of electrics in a Soarer is about the same as any other car. The TT has less electrical stuff than the V8 so there is less to go wrong, but despite what people say, it's fairly easy to get replacement parts for the Soarer.

www.alsc.aus.as is the Soarer forum. Plenty of info available there.
Toyrotor
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: Advice on buying a Soarer? Wed, 01 September 2004 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is it with Toyota Soarer dealers etc. Why do they (mostly) fit Lexus badges to them when they aren't even a Lexus version.

Isn't it true that the Jap-spec Soarers that come here where all sold by Toyota as a Soarer in japan..........??
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Advice on buying a Soarer? Wed, 01 September 2004 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neuby wrote on Fri, 20 August 2004 16:05

Hello all. I've had enough of my VL calais turbo and am looking at buying another car. I went for a ride in my mates brother's Soarer TT. Very comfy and shmick!

cheers
Neuby

Beware dude: the soarer weighs in at 1800+kg, your VL is around 1300kg.....

R U addicted 2 boost?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Advice on buying a Soarer? Wed, 01 September 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st184 sillycar wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 17:58

Hello all. I've had enough of my VL calais turbo and am looking at buying another car. I went for a ride in my mates brother's Soarer TT. Very comfy and shmick!

cheers
Neuby

R U addicted 2 boost?

soarer weighs 1650 +kg actually.. and they are awesome.. just a bit heavy.. nothing wrong with them
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Advice on buying a Soarer? Wed, 01 September 2004 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 18:02

st184 sillycar wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 17:58

cheers
Neuby

R U addicted 2 boost?

soarer weighs 1650 +kg actually.. and they are awesome.. just a bit heavy.. nothing wrong with them

just they are heavy and harder to get going fast with 350 extra Kg. (a single turbo can fix) Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 01 September 2004 08:22]

SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Advice on buying a Soarer? Fri, 03 September 2004 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 18:21

just they are heavy and harder to get going fast with 350 extra Kg. (a single turbo can fix) Very Happy

Not always harder to get going, VL's arent exactly a power house ....
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Advice on buying a Soarer? Sat, 04 September 2004 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SUPRA MAN wrote on Sat, 04 September 2004 04:26

V8_MA61 wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 18:21

Not always harder to get going, VL's arent exactly a power house ....

i see a lot more dedicated drag vl's than soarers...
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Advice on buying a Soarer? Sat, 04 September 2004 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats cos VL's are shit and you can get them for SFA Smile Not having IRS is a bonus as a drag car too.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Advice on buying a Soarer? Sat, 04 September 2004 01:46 Go to previous message
Sorry, that kinda came out harsh, VL's are cheap and common probably would have sufficed Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:V8Supercars
Next Topic:Most common engine used for conversions
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:44:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046920776367188 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.