Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *price drop*

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *price drop* Fri, 20 August 2004 01:33 Go to next message
I've decided that owning two cars isn't all that wise since I never have the time to drive the Celica anymore due to work/uni commitments.

The car was fitted with a Group A GT4 3SGTE motor about 1.5 years ago and has had an MR2 turbo gearbox conversion. Just these mods alone would cost around 6-8k to get done by a workshop. This car suits a buyer looking for something unique with the performance to match. I have not yet run any times with this car but with a good launch, it should be a high 13 or low 14 sec car. I have beaten modified Skylines, WRX&#8217;s, GT4&#8217;s, 180&#8217;s, SS commos etc. with the current setup. The fact that the car is relatively light (<1200kg), has good power (estimated 200kw) and is FWD makes it hard for many cars to catch up after 100km/hr.

Insurance is relatively cheap compared to imports as well.

I have spent easily over 10k on mods during the last few years to get it how it is.

The only thing it needs is an engineers report which I don't have the time to get. It also has a craked rear tail light which I have been quoted $200 for a new one.

Here are the specs.

1990 Toyota Celica Coupe
80000km on motor and gearbox
Sunroof
Tinted windows
Rego till next year
Oil changed every 5000km using only synthetic oils

Engine and drivetrain

3SGTE engine conversion from a Jap-spec GRP A GT4
Standard GT4 air-to-air intercooler
Engine rated at 235hp stock
GRP A ECU with fuel maps to support 17psi
2.5 inch cat back exhaust system with high flow stainless steel muffler and resonator
Pod filter with CAI
MR2 turbo gearbox conversion with custom axels (2k conversion)
Exedy heavy duty clutch
GT4 GRP A front rotors and calipers and brake booster with brand new Bendix Metal King brake pads.

Suspension

$1300 worth of brand new suspension recently installed including:

Front Monroe GT shocks
Rear KYB struts
Peddlers Sports Ryder lowered springs (30mm drop)

Wheels and Tyres

16 inch PCW mags
Bridgestone Potenza RE010 tyres
205/50/R16 - probably needs some new tyres soon

Stereo and electronics

Pioneer detachable CD-tuner HU
Pioneer 4 inch at front and 6 inch speakers at the back
Apexi AVC-R electronic boost controller
Speco 30psi boost gauge

Exterior

Genuine GT4 front bar
Genuine GT4 bonnet
Supra rear wing
Badges removed for a clean appearance
Clear side indicators

Interior

GT4 instrument cluster
Shortened shifter and GRP A gear knob

Extras

Spark plugs just replaced
Heaps of spare GT4/Celica parts
An EPA legal exhaust system that bolts on in 5 minutes and reduces sound level to 86dB.

Im looking at $10000ono for the car without rwc and engineers. Price depends on whether u want the EBC or not

Attachment: cel.JPG
(Size: 73.83KB, Downloaded 1362 time(s))

[Updated on: Fri, 27 May 2005 02:09]

Send a private message to this user    
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Fri, 20 August 2004 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

By the way the car is located in Melbourne.
YLD-SX
Regular

August 2003
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Fri, 20 August 2004 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice Celica - I would lose the supra wing though.
Other then that - very nice.

Good luck with the sale Smile
blade
Newcomer

August 2004
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Fri, 20 August 2004 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I, like most people, would be most curious to know what engineers certification costs and how hard it's going to be to obtain for this car.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Fri, 20 August 2004 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shouldn't a group A engine have air-water intercooler?
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Fri, 20 August 2004 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Engineers shouldn't be any problem at all since the car has had the needed brake/suspension/drivetrain upgrades to cope with the power. Normally the cert costs around $500.

Most people I know who have done this conversion haven't even got engineers for it but it's just to be on the safe side.
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Fri, 20 August 2004 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, when I first did the conversion it had all the Group A parts including the WTA cooler, bonnet and front bar. I sold off these parts and put on the standard GT4 parts around 6 months ago. To tell you the truth I haven't noticed much drop in power since i'm only running a max boost of 15 psi which the A-A cooler is still efficient at.

Let me know if there are any questions.
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Fri, 20 August 2004 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

And one more thing, the AVCR was replaced with an even better boost controller, an MRT one which costs over 1k. It holds much better boost than the AVCR and has more features too.
blade
Newcomer

August 2004
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Sat, 21 August 2004 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As for people you know having done this conversion and not having the engineers certificate, that's possible so long as the car was registered before they did the conversion. Given you are selling without RWC (which means you can't sell it registered in Victoria if i recall correctly) an engineers certificate would be legally required. I was also curious to note you haven't mentioned anything about an upgraded fuel system, I'd hope you arn't using the stock system from the 2.2L that would have been in the car to start with. How are you measuring your A/F ratios, has the car been dyno tuned?

[Updated on: Sat, 21 August 2004 01:13]

CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Sat, 21 August 2004 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For those who are unfamilar with the conversion a lot of info can be found here: http://celica.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=37

Now to answer your questions blade:

1. The stock 2.2L fuel pump is more than sufficient for the job, that's why no one who does this conversion changes it. Of course the injectors are all 440 GT4 items. Unless your planning on reaching a power figure of over 300-350hp there's no need to change it.

1. In regards to A/F ratio's and dyno tuning, since this conversion is plug and play, as in, you take the 5SFE, its loom and ECU out and replace it wiht GT4 items there is no need for tuning since it's all factory equiptment. I don't think the exhaust/intake mods warranted the need for futher tuning. Don't forget the GRP A ecu has fuel maps to 19psi so it's not like a regular GT4 computer.

The EBC also has an inbuilt A/F meter although with any of these things I wouldn't rely heavily on it.

I'd be more than happy to answer any more questions regarding the conversion.

And regards to the eng cert, I can get a RWC before I sell the car as long as the purchaser pays for it. This is to avoid the need for an eng cert if the information blade provided was accurate.
blade
Newcomer

August 2004
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Sat, 21 August 2004 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok thanks for the reply, I'd definitely be interested to know the price with an eng certificate and RWC provided. This of course would also mean you could sell it registered in Victoria which should net you a little more for the car. PM me if you'd like to discuss this privately, but I'm sure everyone else would also like to know what it would cost with all certificates and registered.

Thanks again
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Sat, 21 August 2004 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd sell it for 11.5k with everything because I'd need to take a lot of time off uni/work to get it done. Im doing my hospital placement atm as a part of my course + I work part time so I really don't have that much time to chase up these things. It would work out a lot cheaper for the buyer if they took care of these things although if I get a deposit I guess I can make the time.

Although it could be sold without engineers but with rwc and the onus being placed on the buyer to get it engineered if they wanted. I could do this for 10.5k.

PM me if you want to discuss this further.

[Updated on: Sat, 21 August 2004 02:58]

CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Sat, 21 August 2004 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Everyones PM's have been replied to.
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Mon, 23 August 2004 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
72 TA22
Regular

June 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Fri, 27 August 2004 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There should be no problem getting an engineers certificate for this car.

Should be no problems as long as:

1. Induction is unmodified (Sepand, I still have your airbox, will return it next week)
2. Exhaust is unmodified before the catalytic converter
3. Brake lines are ADR approved
4. The toyota ECU is used (not aftermarket)
5. Aftermarket muffler (if fitted) does not exceed noise limits.
6. You may need an exhaust analysis to check engine emission systems are running OK

I know an Engineer who has certified a conversion similar to this, he said it was pretty straight forward. I can put interested parties in contact with him if interested.

Cheers

Anthony
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Fri, 27 August 2004 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks for all the info Anthony... When you get time to bring the airbox around I want to have a chat with you regarding the engineering since I might get it done myself Smile
cheese_cracka
Regular

June 2004
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Fri, 27 August 2004 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what do u mean by FWD? arent all GT4s AWD?
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Fri, 27 August 2004 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

ST184 = FWD NA Celica

ST185 = GT4

Mine is a ST184 with a ST185 motor.
cheese_cracka
Regular

June 2004
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Fri, 27 August 2004 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh ok i get u know
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Sat, 28 August 2004 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And Sepand's car is a weapon - Seriously quick ..

Been in it - with a back to back run in my then " basically standard " gt4 - and it was alot quicker
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Sat, 20 November 2004 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Price drop to $9500... this has to go to make way for my new car
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Sun, 27 March 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Price drop to $9000. This has to go... will consider trade with something like a Corolla or something which uses less fuel.
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Sun, 27 March 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please someone buy this car!
I've seen it for sale a while ago and i tried to talk a mate into buying it.
It would be an absolute weapon for sure.
I dare say it would beat my car by a bit.
Good luck with the sale man, i reckon $9k is too cheap, lol!
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Mon, 28 March 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks mate...

As much as id love not to sell it, its just been sitting here at home not being driven and thats more of a waste..

All PMs have been replied to.

Like I said before... im willing to trade for another car either the same price or with a cash adjustment for one which isnt worth as much.

CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Wed, 30 March 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
Raylm
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Raylm
icon6.gif  Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Wed, 30 March 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Argh very nice car m8...
If this car is still up for sale in mid september late august could you please contact me on xpert_88@optusnet.com.au

Good luck with the SALE tho champ
NissTrust
Occasional Poster

May 2003
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Thu, 31 March 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goodluck with the sale Sepand... BumpO!
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Sat, 02 April 2005 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks mate
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Wed, 06 April 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Wed, 06 April 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you email me some more detailed pics of the car, interior and engine please?

tats (at) netspace.net.au
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Sat, 09 April 2005 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will try to get some pics for u mate
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Sun, 10 April 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do u live near altona, i just think i've seen the car driving around?
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Sun, 17 April 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's probably another car... I live in the east Smile
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Sun, 17 April 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CeLiCa wrote on Sun, 17 April 2005 11:56

That's probably another car... I live in the east Smile

can't believe this is still kickin around.

you got any parts left over?
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Sun, 17 April 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is the only place ive advertised it... I really should get off my ass and put it on carsales or something Smile

What parts are you looking for lance?
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Sun, 17 April 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im always after spares, pm me with what ya got.
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Sun, 17 April 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is all I have left... probably not of any use to you...

-ECU and loom for 5SFE

-5SFE alternator (used for less than 5000km)

-5SFE radiator and air con radiator

-5SFE air con compressor

-air con fan

-stock airbox from 1990 Celica with resonator

- 2 x Celica/GT4 pop up light assemblies with motors etc.

-Celica front driveshafts

-5SFE clutch disk, used only 5000km

-Celica/GT4 brake booster
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Sun, 17 April 2005 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you got any of the loom left over from the halfcut?
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Sun, 17 April 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The GT4 loom was used in the conversion
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Sun, 17 April 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no nono, i meant the car loom, that supports all the lights and fans etc...
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Sun, 17 April 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry it was thrown away.
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Tue, 26 April 2005 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Fri, 20 May 2005 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *cheap* Fri, 27 May 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Final price drop to $8500... This car needs to go...

All swaps considered.
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *price drop* Fri, 27 May 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice car man Very Happy

Having such a low weight would definately help in comparison to a GT4. Also FWD would be easier to launch quickly.

Good luck with the sale!
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *price drop* Thu, 14 July 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks mate

Bump
75driftcelica
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *price drop* Thu, 14 July 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm sent
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *price drop* Fri, 15 July 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
replied
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *price drop* Sun, 17 July 2005 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
agent_felix
Regular

October 2004
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *price drop* Mon, 18 July 2005 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OMG i spent $8000 on my stock 184... damn... wanna trade? Very Happy heheh

[Updated on: Mon, 18 July 2005 13:57]

CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *price drop* Tue, 19 July 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes with a cash adjustment Smile
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *price drop* Thu, 21 July 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm's all replied to
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *price drop* Fri, 29 July 2005 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm's replied to
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *price drop* Tue, 30 August 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUMP
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *price drop* Tue, 30 August 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pms replied to
OZLAD79
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *price drop* Wed, 31 August 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just dont understand..... why this car is still for sale?!?!

I reckon with the work and effort you have put into it, its gotta be the bargain of the year.

Ill see how my finances are doing man and get in touch, this would make a awesome toy.

Luke
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *price drop* Wed, 31 August 2005 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks mate...

I really should get off my behind and put it in the paper or something, but I still enjoy the occational drive Smile
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *price drop* Fri, 02 September 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
biggo
Regular

November 2004
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *price drop* Sat, 03 September 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a quick question.

Is it possible to transplant GT4 running gear (ie diff and transfer box) in to this car. Not having much knowledge of celicas i assume that it is?

Btw it needs a group A bonnet Laughing

Oh, and nice car
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: FS: ST184 Celica with GRP A GT4 engine conversion *price drop* Sat, 03 September 2005 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
no u cant, not without lots of fuking around that just isnt worth it.
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:RMX 250 - now with pic
Next Topic:f.s 3t ke30 4 door Adelaide
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 19:04:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.012140989303589 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.