Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » New springs and kyb shocks $928 fitted expensive?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Xinx
Regular

December 2003
New springs and kyb shocks $928 fitted expensive? Fri, 20 August 2004 17:29 Go to next message
Hi guys,

Went down to my local suspension shop today looking new spring/shock for my sprinter. For $928 they will fit a 20% stiffer springs and a set of KYB shock. Is this too expensive or about right?

Also how much better would this be compare to my stock suspension? and I notice alot of people when talking about spring rate they talk in pounds force per Inch while other talk in Kg/mm how do you convert one to other? eg 6kg/mm spring = how many pounds

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: New springs and kyb shocks $928 fitted expensive? Fri, 20 August 2004 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8 &q=1+kg%2Fmm+%3D+%3F+lb%2Fin&btnG=Google+S earch&meta=

Click the link.. or type it into google

1 kg/mm = ? lb/in

obviously u replace 1 with your desired kg.

Is it expensive. Well what type of kyb shocks and what brand springs?. Chances are they are using low end generic stuff. So in that case it probably is on the expensive side.
tofu garage
Regular

May 2004
Re: New springs and kyb shocks $928 fitted expensive? Sat, 21 August 2004 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

[Updated on: Sat, 21 August 2004 02:50]

truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: New springs and kyb shocks $928 fitted expensive? Sat, 21 August 2004 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no not expensieve at all, actually quite cheap!

my local suspension joint, i have never bought suspension from them, but i get balances and alignments there, and as we are both suspension dealers we talk about pricing a bit, he says for example VN commodore - 4 shocks ( monroe gt gas ) installed, $550 ( it has gone up now, and this joint isnt even that expensieve ) and springs King Springs $550, so $1100 all up!

kyb exel-g ( low end but good, what you would of got ) are 30% better than monroe in almost every area and they match them for price!

now i dont know what you car is but we will take an ae86 for example cos i know the prices off the top of the dome,

PS i dont charge anywhere near these prices these are RRP for comparison purposes

Springs retail at between $290 and 320 depending on how much brand but formula and pedders and made by king, king are soft but a good replacement spring.....

so $300, $50 a corner is not unreasonable to install, and then $40 on alignment = $540

Shocks - Fronts $122.85 plus gst each, Rear, $71.28 plus gst each, (......doing sums for johnny h........ , damn maths...... .......)

ok....... near enough to $430......now if the front are inserts that takes more time etc etc....but we will stick with the original labour cost....labour costs are going up all the time..

so $540 and $430..... = $970 , so u saved....$42, now go fill your tank and drive the car be happy, but it depends on the application, but for normal "sporty" street driving that will be sweet!

fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: New springs and kyb shocks $928 fitted expensive? Sat, 21 August 2004 02:58 Go to previous message
shock would cost between $200-$250 (front & rear)
springs are bout $300-$400 (set of 4) (i think king springs are like roughly $350)

suspension places usually go for top end price range Or always round up to nearest $10/$50

so taking that into consideration your looking vout $750 MAX for parts, which means labour is going to be $228 but it would be more like $728 parts and $250 labour

thats not too bad for labour but if you can source parts somewhere else and cheaper i would do that... i did that for my car, got all the parts piss cheap and then got pedders to put it all in for $390 labour... im talking everything though including all bushes....

EDIT: haggle him down to $650 if you can and thats a good price

[Updated on: Sat, 21 August 2004 02:58]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:5sfe turbo, 3sgte manifold?
Next Topic:12R, turbo or upgrades?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 21:01:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050070285797119 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.