Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » elec ignition any good?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
elec ignition any good? Thu, 19 August 2004 11:24 Go to next message
i've got a electronic coil and one of those electronic igniton booster boxes spare...and havent decided if i should bother putting them in my car or not, is there much to gain from it? or only if ur having ignition issues?
  Send a private message to this user    
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: elec ignition any good? Fri, 20 August 2004 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
.. you wouldnt need to replace the points or the capacitator ever again. That'll probably be a good enough reason.

It probably will give you a stronger spark and maybe more power
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: elec ignition any good? Fri, 20 August 2004 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in my 18R-G i got the dizzy totally rebuilt all new everything, and every 2-3 weeks my contacts would close up and weld themselfs together, timing would fall out very easy, miss everynow and again.. after finding an electronic dizzy complete, and igniter, i poped it in, set the timing and took her for a drive,perfect ideling more response, smoother acceleration, a bit more power in top end, better fuel economy, and i haven't touched it since! and that was 13 months ago! definitly worth it!
SIKTA22
Regular

March 2003
Re: elec ignition any good? Fri, 20 August 2004 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, it would be very wise to install it in your car, im trying to find a complete setup for my 2TG.

Basiclly the module controls the timing and firing of the spark plugs in which there will be no need for changing the gap between the points for example on a points type ignition system.. its preset in the module and it stays the same everytime and makes your car run smoother and more efficient.
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: elec ignition any good? Fri, 20 August 2004 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i only have a standard dizzy, can i still use all the electronic gear?
or do i have to start hunting for a pointless dizzy?
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: elec ignition any good? Sat, 21 August 2004 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got an electronic dizzy in my ta22. I bought the car like that tho. all i know is that i never have to fiddle with it and i get a heaps strong spark everytime. If i take a lead off i sometimes get zapped.
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: elec ignition any good? Sat, 21 August 2004 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Made a huge difference on my 4M
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: elec ignition any good? Sat, 21 August 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
definitlty go with the electronic ignition. it is way better than any breaker ignition. never have to replace poinots. never have to set gaps, revs higher without missing.

definitly go with the electronic ignition
pilot
Occasional Poster

August 2003

Re: elec ignition any good? Mon, 29 November 2004 05:19 Go to previous message
I am very interested in fitting an electronic ignition in my 18R-G. Is it possible to use the whole ignition system from a newer 18R-G or similar or from another engine with some modifications? BTW, my car is an 82 Celica.

Thanks.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: how to determine intercooler volume
Next Topic:4age types of injectors
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 08:39:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044500827789307 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.