Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon5.gif  Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Thu, 19 August 2004 04:11 Go to next message
I got desperate this week and filled up with Optimax instead of BP Ultimate.
What I've noticed is that my engine gets warm a lot faster than when on Ultimate!

Has anyone else noticed this? Or is this an issue with my engine?!
  Send a private message to this user    
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Thu, 19 August 2004 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was this driving or idleing?

if its shittier fuel would the ECU be putting in more to stop detonation?

more fuel being burninated = hotterer engine?

test it again.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Thu, 19 August 2004 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it could be so if your car is combusting the optimax better than the ultimate causeing a better bang

personally i wouldnt know cause i dont use a thermostat in my car
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Thu, 19 August 2004 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Thu, 19 August 2004 14:14

was this driving or idleing?

Driving.

It's not even hard driving 'coz most of it is sitting at 80km/h going to work and back.

I thought about the fuel being shitter and more being used to combat the (possibly) lower octane (Optimax doesn't hold its octane as well as Ultimate).

But the difference is quite substantial. Otherwise, I never would have noticed.

[Updated on: Thu, 19 August 2004 04:29]

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Thu, 19 August 2004 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe your car was pinging on the Optimax which made it heat up faster.
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Thu, 19 August 2004 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Optimax and BP Ultimate are the same fuel.

They are both produced at The Clyde Oil refinery in Parramatta.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Thu, 19 August 2004 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soaringmik wrote on Thu, 19 August 2004 16:04

wrong
they have additives added to the fuel after refining that separates them
this has been tested throughly
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Thu, 19 August 2004 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am genuinely interested in the results of that test

where would I find this info?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Thu, 19 August 2004 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i almost exclusively use mobil 8000, and after using optimax for the last two tanks, i can say that i am thoroughly unimpressed. getting to the end of the second tank, i had idle issues, and it would miss much more when cold... sure optimax feels 'smoother' but there's less power and the fuel seems to go 'off' very quickly.

one tank of mobil 8000 later, all is good again.
i just can't trust the quality of the optimax.

i did also notice that after hard fanging, the engine temsp soar much more with optimax than with the mobil. at first i put it down to day to day conditions etc, but it happened on hot and cold day, and doesn't happen with the mobil.. maybe it's not just me?

i haven't really tried Barely Petrols ultimate, it only recently came on at the nearest servo..

Cya, Stewart
wastegate
Regular

May 2002

Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Thu, 19 August 2004 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Not even close for other states as well.

QLD I know for a fact have seperate refineries for each. But then we don't get Synergy 8000 Sad
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Thu, 19 August 2004 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've tried and dyno tested both fuels in my coon and the optimax is the better fuel to get in Brisbane.
The cool idles much better on the optimax. The dyno didnt prove any gains in power between the 2 fuels but the optimax did burn a tad better probably for the reason above.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Thu, 19 August 2004 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car likes ultimate
ive tried all the other high octane fuels, they just run like crap. noticably too!
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Thu, 19 August 2004 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
synergy 8000 for me
Jimmeh
Newcomer

August 2004
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Thu, 19 August 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK there is a good reason for this.

Optimax is one of the evil premium type fuels that doesnt have a consistent ron (octane) level and ethanol content.

I ONLY use bp ultimate or mobil 8000, as these two fuels have a GUARANTEED ron content of 98ron and a stable ethanol level. Hence you can actually get your car tuned specifically for this kind of fuel if you have the right management system.

Optimax jumps around from anywhere around 94ron to 100ron... and teh ethanol in it is MUCH higher than the other premium unleaded fuel on the market.

The 3 too use are Mobil8000, BP Ultimate and Castrol Vortex as they all have a guaranteed ron level. There is a lot of documentation around on the internet about this kind of stuff if you are willing to look...
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Thu, 19 August 2004 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jimmeh wrote on Thu, 19 August 2004 20:30

Optimax is one of the evil premium type fuels that doesnt have a consistent ron (octane) level and ethanol content.

I ONLY use bp ultimate or mobil 8000, as these two fuels have a GUARANTEED ron content of 98ron and a stable ethanol level. Hence you can actually get your car tuned specifically for this kind of fuel if you have the right management system.

Optimax jumps around from anywhere around 94ron to 100ron... and teh ethanol in it is MUCH higher than the other premium unleaded fuel on the market.

The 3 too use are Mobil8000, BP Ultimate and Castrol Vortex as they all have a guaranteed ron level. There is a lot of documentation around on the internet about this kind of stuff if you are willing to look...

I think you should do a little more research.
exquisit
Regular

May 2003
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Thu, 19 August 2004 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its caltex vortex u mean rite??
on the caltex site it sez its rated at 95 ron
rite??
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Thu, 19 August 2004 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Thu, 19 August 2004 20:49

Jimmeh wrote on Thu, 19 August 2004 20:30

I think you should do a little more research.

Amen Cool1. Optimax(like BP Ultimate & Mobil 8000) has an average of 98.4RON. I think it would be hard to guarantee RON levels, although I'm sure it's pretty close to 98 most of the time. The premium you need to be careful of is Vortex which ranges from 94-97RON.

See Optimax TDS

http://www-static.shell.com/static/au-en/downloads /fuels/tds/shell_optimax_tds.pdf

[Updated on: Thu, 19 August 2004 14:23]

COROLA
Occasional Poster

February 2004

Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Thu, 19 August 2004 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
... in adelaide, driveing ae92 rola.... tried everything, ultimate gives less top end poke. mobil 8000 sucks for price.

my money is on Vortex Gold. shit is da bomb. Razz

My best mate and i take a short journey to melbourne now and then, found the best efficiancy fuel was the 95ron gold. did 650kms on a 40 L tank in his 1.6l Civic.

Car has been thanking me since i changed to Vortex from ultimate. better overall.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Thu, 19 August 2004 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From what I've heard Optimax loses its octane a lot faster than Synergy and Ultimate.

Vortex is only 95-96. It's premium with added cleaning agents. It's not a 98 octane fuel.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Fri, 20 August 2004 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did a quick search, and found this:

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=389&start=60&count=60#msg_num_2

The whole thread is quite interesting actually.

There are some REALLY good ones on the old forums. One day, someone should get around to fixing them forums... Laughing
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Fri, 20 August 2004 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86 4ag bigport, I always use optimax, dont know why, vey responsive, can notice less performance towards empty thou, Have used Mobile 8000 (when i can afford it, and only if i really have too) motor runs smoother and quiter, not as responsive, never touch vortex gold, heard to many bad stories and its very much over priced, that goes for Mobile 8000, not worth the $ value.

Just my experiences.

Cheers

Steve
allencr
Regular

May 2002
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Fri, 20 August 2004 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think you may notice that the fuel deliver trucks don't have names on them any more, at least in my part of the usOFa.
they deliver what's available from the local tank storage farm.
i've got a feeling that we probably don't get the brand that it's claimed to be, any more then 75% of the time.
Buddha
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Sat, 21 August 2004 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My father has a 2 year old Mazda6 which he has run Optimax in since new. At 27,000km he was getting pinging under load and Mazda told him to get a carbo clean, he was pretty shocked that he would need one at such low k's, but Mazda reckon Optimax is a very dirty fuel, clogs injectors quickly, they recommend BP Ultimate. Dad took their advice and the 6 is running better than ever.

I used Optimax in my last car (98 Starlet) since it was released, and the car definitely seemed to run smoother and use less fuel. The only reason I run BP 91 ulp in the Corolla is because standard ulp is expensive enough! Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Sat, 21 August 2004 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
optimax is produced at the gellong refinery here in victoria ( for our vic supplies )I find the GT4 goes ok on it but Mobil Synerrgy really seems to make the engine feel smooth as silk ..

Dunno why! dont care! - i get no pinging
paddles
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Sat, 21 August 2004 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I met a guy at a rally test day up here in bris vegas recently, he claimed to be a chemist for BP here and funnily enough the talk got around to petrol and he reckons that the recipe changes with the season and the RON you get in December is not the RON you get in July. Interesting....................
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Sat, 21 August 2004 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
according to some people Optimax contains toulne to get its octain rate up to 98ron, as it isnt refined to 98ron like other fuels such as BP ultimate and moblie synergy.
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Sat, 21 August 2004 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
paddles wrote on Sat, 21 August 2004 22:50

I met a guy at a rally test day up here in bris vegas recently, he claimed to be a chemist for BP here and funnily enough the talk got around to petrol and he reckons that the recipe changes with the season and the RON you get in December is not the RON you get in July. Interesting....................

That fukin shits me hard, its one thing to pay more from week to week, but to not have the same quality everytime you fill up is a fukin national disaster? Im just Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad so pissed off.

Cheers

Steve

[Updated on: Sun, 22 August 2004 00:06]

rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Sun, 22 August 2004 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From a motor bike point of view, I have been told that Optimax isn't too good. It is a denser fuel, high performance bikes don't run well on it. We speak to one of the guys at a BP where we usually fill the bikes up, he informed us that recently, they have been getting the fuel in their tanks from Shell!? Hence, we have been using Synergy. Very Happy

I think we need to make spell check compulsory before posting. Set it to check before the post actually goes through by default! Confused
Sam4A-GE_Seca
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Sun, 22 August 2004 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive always thought of optimax as a highly overrated and overpriced fuel. my Bigport had no effect on optimax. ive been told by a workmate who used to work for BP that their 91RON ULP is from Shell and their "Ultimate 98" is the same as Mobils Synergy 8000.

interesting point the content of ethanol in the fuels. where can i get this info? ive been told Optimax can contain up to 108 or even 112RON depending on batches.

[Updated on: Sun, 22 August 2004 02:30]

jeffro RA28
Regular

August 2004
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Sun, 22 August 2004 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well as far as high performance Racing bikes go.
the optimax is said not to hold the mixing properties as the Bp ultimate, vortex gold and the mobil synergy do.
for premix fuels the optimax does not mix with the oil as well and will not hold the mixture for as long as the bp, mobil and caltex.
I did 2 big ends on my KX85 while using optimax, no problems since iv started using BP in my KX125.
CamryMan
Regular

May 2002
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Fri, 15 October 2004 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Buddha wrote on Sat, 21 August 2004 19:23

My father has a 2 year old Mazda6 which he has run Optimax in since new. At 27,000km he was getting pinging under load and Mazda told him to get a carbo clean, he was pretty shocked that he would need one at such low k's, but Mazda reckon Optimax is a very dirty fuel, clogs injectors quickly, they recommend BP Ultimate. Dad took their advice and the 6 is running better than ever.

I used Optimax in my last car (98 Starlet) since it was released, and the car definitely seemed to run smoother and use less fuel. The only reason I run BP 91 ulp in the Corolla is because standard ulp is expensive enough! Smile

I used Optimax exclusively when it was released for 40,000 km. The injectors had been cleaned beforehand. I founded that Optimax fouled the plugs with an unusually orange crap and the injectors needed cleaning again.

After that I have used Synergy 8000 fairly exclusively without the problems. But lately because I'm still looking for permanent work and the cost of fuel I've returned to using the plain old 91 ron stuff.
Browndog
Regular

November 2002
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Fri, 15 October 2004 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

and teh ethanol in it is MUCH higher than the other premium unleaded fuel

If u think enthanol has octane you are wrong, ethanol has 0 octane, octane is a hydrocarbon and ethanol, I guess can be classified as containing a hydroxl group bound to a carbon atom. Pure ethanol would be an awsome fuel, because it would be so consistant and it burns hotter than petrol, trouble is how do u make it? Possiblu the best way is syntheticaly from guess what? petroleum Smile.

2,2,4-trimethylpentane would be an awsome octain to use as petrol it will restist early ignition, heptane how ever is prone to early ignition.
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Fri, 15 October 2004 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've only ever put optimax through my 3tg, i was under the impression it was one of the best, my car does the odd ping and always runs on with optimax, i thought it was just the 10:1 compression but maybe its a chatty batch of fuel?
i did once put 'caltex?' evoloution fuel through and that was definately crap
so i guess next refills ill put some BP and Mobil through...

[Updated on: Fri, 22 October 2004 11:02]

kayot1k
Regular

July 2003

icon14.gif  Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Fri, 15 October 2004 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh brown dawg Hektik talk.

shiet, i've been using optimax like ever since i started driving probably atleast a good 30 - 40,000kms never any other before. never them b.s unknown names, you never know what they stock.

so you guys recommend Bp ultimate or synergy 8000.

would the results differ from say a n/a car to a turbocharged car?
from carby to an efi?
from different makes?

very interesting findings,
Browndog
Regular

November 2002
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Fri, 15 October 2004 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol I put super in my 4ac corolla, I put ultimate in once when the bp didnt have super and it did not make 1 bit of difference. I didnt expect it too Smile
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Fri, 15 October 2004 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i Use to use optimax all the time, but now i only use BP Ultimate motor warms up heaps quicker
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Fri, 15 October 2004 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morale of the story
every single car is different even if they have the same make motor in them
there are thousands of variables
so just test the high octane fuels (from busy service stations only) until u find the best one for cos every car reacts diff

[Updated on: Fri, 15 October 2004 10:30]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Fri, 15 October 2004 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, the morale of the story is probably that they ain't the same brew in each state Razz
indigoid
Regular

September 2002

Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Fri, 15 October 2004 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bp ultimate for my 3K, or, worst case, gentle driving to avoid pings, and premium. no optimax!
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Fri, 15 October 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Everyone seems to base their opinions on stories from someone else. I've been running Vortex Gold after a mechanic recommended it. I can't honestly say that the 7A-FE feels the difference, except for (slightly) better fuel economy on the 95 RON mix. Now that oil prices are really hitting their straps, I think I'll go back to unleaded.... Sad
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Fri, 15 October 2004 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i use most of the time BP ultimate just because theres one close to home
but sometimes i use optimax and i cant tell difference either
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Fri, 15 October 2004 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Fri, 15 October 2004 21:11

Actually, the morale of the story is probably that they ain't the same brew in each state Razz

oh i knew that already
xl912
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Fri, 15 October 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toluene is indeed the active ingredient in Optimax.
It's a quick, dirty and cheap solution to enhance the octane in petrol, As a by-product of the refining process that was mainly burnt off until they found it was a way to turn waste into hi-octane fuel.

Good points of Toluene in petrol, ups the RON number, burns hot and therefore clean.

Bad points are that it boils off at atmospheric pressure at a fairly low temperature (110ºC).
This makes it best suited to fuel injected cars with sealed fuel systems.
Not so good in carburettors where the float chambers and tank are vented to the atmosphere. After a few days the Toluene boils off from the float bowl and tank vents, reducing the remaining petrol back to something like normal unleaded.
Even in fuel injected cars it tends to degrade after a few weeks. And being 20% coal-tar just guess what residue it leaves in carburettors and fuel injectors.

I prefer Mobil 8000 for both the carburettored and injected cars, but the BP Ultimate seems to be quite good too.

notorius
Regular

August 2004
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Fri, 15 October 2004 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my dad tested optimax before it was commercaily avalible when it was first used as the super cars fuel, the person testing it said its the best fuel for cars hes tested, and ultimate has a lower oxtain or whateever than optimax (94 V 97)

[Updated on: Fri, 15 October 2004 16:45]

Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Fri, 15 October 2004 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i used Synergy 8000 when i had my last 4AGE
i found it works the same as Ultimate
but, my engine ate my optimax like there was no tomorrow
rx-3 ip
Regular

October 2004
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Fri, 15 October 2004 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
every state/area has different quality of fuel, it depends on the refinery.. newer refinery has a cleaner fuel ( this is very important)
some petrol station sells more of their high octane fuel than others therefore the fuel is fresher & still hold high octane.i know some petrol station put in a percentage of tulloine/petrol benzine to increase the octane of their stale/old fuel.
always go to a very busy petrol station because they always get fresh fuel.
fresh optimax is much better than old bp ultimate or old synergy and vice versa.
optimax is not very good for go kart engines .. this is from experience.
notorius
Regular

August 2004
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Fri, 15 October 2004 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rx-3 ip wrote on Sat, 16 October 2004 07:54

optimax is not very good for go kart engines .. this is from experience.

hmm, it works good in my ke70, and thats close enough to a kart for me lol
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Fri, 15 October 2004 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well from a Dealership point of view here are problems i have seen from the use of optimax Sad .

1.Check engine lights on / Ecu fault codes logged , continues on after reseting due to inconsistent mixing of the fuel { yes have had fuel samples tested }
2.Damaged oxygen sensors / Lots of money with the new euro emission regulations , most cars running three for a four cylinder .
3.Pinging after a few days in the tank / or could be old fuel in station pumps . When you have all the cars filled at the same station , you get to see this doesn't occur filling up just after a tanker has been there . Could be related to the Toluene level .
4.Fuel system blockage / Fuel pumps in general most effected , Have to remove and flush fuel system due to blockage caused by the high levels of wax residue left over from fuel . Seems to build up more in pumps than fuel filters ? but most return-less fuel systems on modern cars have the filter in the pump , so is normally a $1000 job .
5.Black smoke if vehicle left idling for a say 5mins , then accelerated hard , also under hard acceleration . Even in new cars .
6.Poor cold starting

After so much time investigating these fuel problems , we stopped spending hundreds of thousands a year on Shell and moved to Bp without a problem . As for customers still using Shell there problems still remain .

And from my own experiences ,

Carby cars , eg 40mm webered 170hp 1.7 boxer engine / Low idle speed on hot days , think the engine is going to stall always . Consant blocked jets , or air correctors after driving slowly . never a problem driving hard . Poor fuel acconomy , about a 1/4 than other fuels .

Injected cars , eg early fuel injection systems , Pinging under light loads like overtaking slowly at 100ks , inconsistent
idle .

Injected cars , eg late , turbo .low ks per tank . Black fuel smoke even with air fuel meter connected , car perfectly tuned testing on dyno , Crappy cold starting , Pinging under hard acceleration .
Last track day used that fuel in : Filled up at the shell next to me in the morning on the way to Sandown , drove around Sandown allday . Car was performing ok till 1/4 tank of fuel then started to hear pinging under load at 5000 rpm in top gear ? Why is this , Went and refilled at the Bp next to Sandown , car was 3kph fastest up the back straight with a higher fuel load . Figure that hp loss Rolling Eyes {looks at Stewart}

As for Mobil Laughing Heres a joke for Bm dealership people .

What to you get when you add Mobil one with Mobil 8000 in a eight cylinder Bm engine ?

Answer , you get a one cylinder Bm V8 .

I remember visiting a friends dealership seeing rows and rows of engineless Bm's , why well i am sure you could find the correct cause due to i think Bm took Mobil to court over it . But what a remember it was something like the fuel turned the oil to jelly in the sump , and corroded the bores away because of some additive . Very expensive one that Laughing Well at least people can buy Bms with low ks on the engines Laughing

What about the plane avagas ? remember that .

As for Bp once again , no problems i have ever seen for myself Smile .

Edit { note too self to never uses shell at the track again }

[Updated on: Fri, 15 October 2004 22:46]

notorius
Regular

August 2004
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Fri, 15 October 2004 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so my ke70 stock rolla that suposed to use super, yet runs on opitmax fine will run off bp ultimate good to?
gr8r-x
Regular

September 2004
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Sun, 17 October 2004 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, but you should always use valve protection additive to stop the seats from wearing away..

I used Optimax in my old Corolla and my VH V8 Commodore, both ended up with wore valve seats, wasn't happy. Evil or Very Mad
drk_awd
Newcomer

October 2002
Re: Optimax warms engine faster than Ultimate? Fri, 22 October 2004 09:47 Go to previous message
wastegate wrote on Thu, 19 August 2004 17:35

Not even close for other states as well.

QLD I know for a fact have seperate refineries for each. But then we don't get Synergy 8000 Sad

I don't think that's true. We have BP and Caltex/Ampol refineries in Bris and I don't know if the Caltex/Ampol refinery produces 98 RON. They certainly don't need it for themselves as Vortex and Ampol Gold are only 95 RON.

BP have only two refineries in the whole country (QLD and WA) so their fuel in the other states is probably sourced locally. They would add their own additive packages of course.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:im sorry but can sum one please tell me wat spark plugs a 18rg uses
Next Topic:ae86 fuel tank help
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 09:04:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0090200901031494 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.