Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
4age oil filter location Sat, 21 August 2004 15:12 Go to next message
did an oil change today. Couldnt find where the oil filter is.. Mine's fwd btw..
  Send a private message to this user    
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: 4age oil filter location Sat, 21 August 2004 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have a look under the exhaust manifold. You might have to climb under the car to find it. Depending on what model car you have (AE92 and up) it could possible be a little tiny thing, about half the size of a coffee mug.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: 4age oil filter location Sat, 21 August 2004 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
think i found it. Next to manifold on driver side. looks like an oil filter but its touching something on the side so its pretty impossible to open with the tool for opening oil filters (whateva its called).

anyway thanks..will continue figuring it out
Sam4A-GE_Seca
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: 4age oil filter location Sun, 22 August 2004 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah its a prick of a job. especially when its hot hot hot.
best bet is to go to a auto shop and ask for the "claw" oil filter wrench - works every time on 4A, 7A corollas and subarus too. only costs $30 or so and attaches to your 3/8" drive ratchet.
on my AE82 i used the smaller oil filter (ryco number Z386) off the later 4AFE and 7AFE

[Updated on: Sun, 22 August 2004 04:32]

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: 4age oil filter location Mon, 23 August 2004 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got the oil filter remover that is like a loop of steel strap and a bolt to tighten it. works wonders. was a nightware trying to do the first change on the aw11 without that one.

and WOOP WOOP WOOP i finally purchased a brake caliper piston compressor.. no more bush mechanics trying to use a scissor jack to compress pistons for me Smile
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: 4age oil filter location Mon, 23 August 2004 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam4A-GE_Seca wrote on Sun, 22 August 2004 14:29

yeah its a prick of a job. especially when its hot hot hot.
best bet is to go to a auto shop and ask for the "claw" oil filter wrench - works every time on 4A, 7A corollas and subarus too. only costs $30 or so and attaches to your 3/8" drive ratchet.
on my AE82 i used the smaller oil filter (ryco number Z386) off the later 4AFE and 7AFE

Ya would make it easier to fit & replace but it only does half the job. Meaning that if your motors worn the filter will block up quicker go into bypass mode and start sending unfiltered oil back through the motor to cause even more wear and tear. Ain't worth it. I'd rather use the big filter and get the extra filtration.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 4age oil filter location Mon, 23 August 2004 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you cant get the filter wrench around it just pop a hole in it with a screwdriver and that should get the job done, works for me, i dont bother with the wrenches any more cos i broke three of them...
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: 4age oil filter location Mon, 23 August 2004 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wouldnt want oil to spill all over my face...
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 4age oil filter location Mon, 23 August 2004 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont be a pussy, getting dirty is half the fun of working on your own car! Very Happy
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: 4age oil filter location Mon, 23 August 2004 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but washing up isnt
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 4age oil filter location Mon, 23 August 2004 08:54 Go to previous message
b1gb3n wrote on Mon, 23 August 2004 18:01

but washing up isnt

Yeah thats tru, but thats what the missus is for...hehehe
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Can anyone explain customs fees on import parts?
Next Topic:These stupid P plater rules they wanna bring in
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 15:05:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0083959102630615 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.