Toymods » Members Rides » My 1983 Supra

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: My 1983 Supra Mon, 02 August 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dood - its a pity we weren't in the same state - it would be mad to cruise with u in the old skool Mk11's!! Very Happy

I'll just have to wait till JCMF gets his XX on the road!! *sigh*

DAMO
TRD 83
  Send a private message to this user    
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: My 1983 Supra Tue, 03 August 2004 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, a mkII cruise would be great... hopefully one year ill get up to sydney for an offical event of some kind...

anyway, vinyl man comes tomorrow to fix a some interior blemishes, and then all that needs to be done is repaint/polish the mags, and we're done Very Happy
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: My 1983 Supra Wed, 04 August 2004 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vinyl man came, he conquered! the dash rip and holes are gone, as is a small rip in my armrest-compartment thingie...

it look really good, you can only see a very slight shadow where it once was, but otherwise, im really happy with it.

i also touched up a lot of the body chips (a few on front bar, damn defensive driving course) and a few on the wipers, looks good too...

pics soon. only thing left to do while it's off the road is repaint the wheels, fix a speaker cover, a window seal, and thats all i can think of.

pics soon. Very Happy
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: My 1983 Supra Sun, 22 August 2004 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, ive been back on the road for about a week, its great.

turns out, during this time one of the spark plugs fouled up, and it was running on 5 cylinders.

but, in total, i rewired the foglights, got interior restored and back to awesome condition (dash rips, gear boot, speaker covers, steam cleaned, ming'ed) , put a new boot cable in, fixed rattling exhaust, touched up paintwork, and some other shit i cant remember...

pics soon Very Happy
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: My 1983 Supra Sun, 22 August 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how did you go about touching up the paint and the new boot cable?

i've been toying with the idea of liberating a push button boot release system from a wrecked car
reason being is that i seem to have bad luck with boot cables breaking...or in my poopras case it feels as if its stretched alot over time. and since i'm lazy, useing my keys to open the boot is too much effort Wink
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: My 1983 Supra Mon, 23 August 2004 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just touched up the paint with the paint i got with the car and one of my hobby brushes- up close it doesnt look awesome, but it looks better than black

as for the boot cable, mine was also stretched. some cable ties tied really tight at the boot end (to make the cable "Shorter") can be a short term fix, but it will still fuck up... and using the key is a pain in the arse Wink

i grabbed an unstretched cable from the untouchable's wrecked sa63, and when my seats, boot trims and some carpet was out of the car, i threaded it through.

however, the steel on the floorpan where my boot and fuel cap release bolts into is fairly buggered- around the single bolt that holds it, the steel is a bit ripped and fairly stressed- so it still seems a bit crappy, but you can open it now. Very Happy

so yeah, as for a push button.... let me know Very Happy
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: My MA61 Supra "The White Nightmare" Mon, 23 August 2004 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Fri, 30 July 2004 15:47

well i now have some new pictures! whoopee!

here are the rewired slick foglights Very Happy

http://users.netconnect.com.au/~ryley/white22.jpg

Whoo, someone else who has done one like mine...
http://members.optusnet.com.au/celicasupra/MA61/Supra%20Front.JPG

Cheers.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: My MA61 Supra "The White Nightmare" Mon, 23 August 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ryley,

Looks like you have to get the driving lamps adjusted Cool

Cheers.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: My 1983 Supra Wed, 25 August 2004 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, i do have to adjust them- one point into rearview mirrors when i sit behind people, its pretty funny actually how many people turn around and look once they're spotlighted Evil or Very Mad Laughing
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: My 1983 Supra Fri, 01 October 2004 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new steering wheel!

its off an ma70- not a lot smaller, but a lot thicker, and looks better...

i just have to paint some of it blue (to match interior) and clean up some dodgy bits on it, and then ill get pics. i still have to wire up the horn and the "turns off the blinkers" mechanism...

feels a hell of a lot better tho...

edit: angel fire is GAY with AIDS

[Updated on: Wed, 06 October 2004 12:41]

ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: My 1983 Supra Fri, 01 October 2004 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please post, as my 13.5" MOMO wheel is driving me insane as it's too small but nice and thick...
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: My 1983 Supra Wed, 06 October 2004 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
replaced main headlights and driving lights with new blue-lights thingies, that look kinda cool, visibility is heaps better Very Happy
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: My 1983 Supra Thu, 07 October 2004 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Really? When I had the blue-ish lamps I found that I literally couldnt see jack shit. Specially when driving on unlit freeways. Plus, its a cop magnet Smiley = They loved pulling me over (probably coz I was on my P plates back then, and being asian they probably thought I have weapons in my car or somethin') but I have changed them back to the normal lights and I find that I can see better. Heh, maybe its my eyesight going from the old age.

Yian

Hrmm... the fog light rewiring looks orite.. might do it too.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: My 1983 Supra Mon, 11 October 2004 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian,

The Police may think that you have been growing "Herbs" in your backyard and are selling them... I got hassled in my MA61 and also got pulled many times over because I was driving my mates Lowered VL Calais Turbo Nod now I wonder Laughing

Cheers.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: My 1983 Supra Mon, 11 October 2004 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh yeah. I'm young, I'm asian and I drive a Supra. I must be growing and selling herbs eh? LOL.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: My 1983 Supra Mon, 11 October 2004 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm young and drive a supra and rarely get pulled over, i even get waved through most booze buses

But i must say that when i do get pulled over its for a full car search on trumped up drugs stuff. Which is why i never keep any in the car Razz

BTW
What brand are these pretty new blue lights? Smile
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: My 1983 Supra Mon, 11 October 2004 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eh, I had them phillips ones. It looks pretty cool I reckon. Definitely defectable material tho.

Quote:

I'm young and drive a supra and rarely get pulled over, i even get waved through most booze buses

Yeah I get waved through booze busses too. Its just them patrol cars love pulling me over. Maybe they just get bored pulling over all the crumydores around my area.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: My 1983 Supra Mon, 11 October 2004 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive never been pulled over. boozed bused, but thats it

these lights are designed to give that "white" light effect- and they're more white than blue.... as for brand, ill have a look when i go out to my car next... the boxes are in it. Very Happy
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: My 1983 Supra Mon, 11 October 2004 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've been 'random' breath tested before about 3 times after being followed for some distance.

Never once asked to pop the bonnet though. Cool
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: My 1983 Supra Mon, 11 October 2004 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got booze bused the other week.

I shat myself coz the motor was 'idling' at 2000rpm, and when the thermo's kick in and the headlights are on, the fan belt squeals for 2 mins, so I didnt want to stop for too long.

Luckily they didn't kick in, and I drove straight off.

I was also about to floor it past the slow driver in front of me about 5 secs before I saw the bus. (freeway onramp)
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: My 1983 Supra Tue, 12 October 2004 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you should cheat and spray your belts and pulleys with belt-grip
stuffs good for a quick fix, grips like buggery Very Happy
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: My 1983 Supra Wed, 13 October 2004 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when my car was up on the exhaust lifty-crane thing, i checked out my rear suspension bushes... they're fucked.

so, im thinking suspension setups. i would like to lower it, by only like 1-1.5 inches.... would king standard springs lower it this much? the setup im thinking of at the moment is as follows:

kyb shocks
king springs
urethane bushes

how much are bushes, out of interest?
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: My 1983 Supra Fri, 15 October 2004 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car runs standards and its dropped about an inch

bushes will set uou back around $250

buy tokico hp shocks instead.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: My 1983 Supra Wed, 12 January 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
update time!!!

as far as modifications go, i'm slowly saving up some money... i could blow it all now on suspension overhaul, or keep saving for the 7mgte... unsure....

however, i have repainted all my wheels, and have pictures of my new leather ma71 steering wheel Evil or Very Mad

heres what my wheels used to look like:

http://users.netconnect.com.au/~ryley/shitwheel.jpg

that was paintstripped, etch primed, undercoated and then sprayed with gunmetal "hammercoat" paint, for a subtle rough effect...

i was going to go blue, but i realised my paint scheme (black and white) doesnt really account for any exterior blue... hence the gunmetal.

http://users.netconnect.com.au/~ryley/white37.jpg

and heres the ma71 leather wheel, with a few cracks Confused, but modified to fit on the ma61 stick thingie. whoever said these wheels don't fit, is a liar... they do require a little bit of modification, but nothing too hard. also thinking of rewiring the cruise control buttons to do things on my car... unsure of what and whats possible though. you can also see my custom-made gearboot and dirty floormats in this picture.

http://users.netconnect.com.au/~ryley/white38.jpg

and then theres the photos after a big polish and blah blah of my car, the digital camera was a bit dissapointing today:

http://users.netconnect.com.au/~ryley/white34.jpg

http://users.netconnect.com.au/~ryley/white35.jpg

http://users.netconnect.com.au/~ryley/white26.jpg

http://users.netconnect.com.au/~ryley/white29.jpg

More pics here:

http://users.netconnect.com.au/~ryley/white25.jpg
http://users.netconnect.com.au/~ryley/white27.jpg
http://users.netconnect.com.au/~ryley/white28.jpg
http://users.netconnect.com.au/~ryley/white30.jpg
http://users.netconnect.com.au/~ryley/white31.jpg
http://users.netconnect.com.au/~ryley/white32.jpg
http://users.netconnect.com.au/~ryley/white33.jpg
http://users.netconnect.com.au/~ryley/white36.jpg

anyway, keen to see what people have to say and any suggestions....

you supra folk know who you are Evil or Very Mad
The Untouchable
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: My 1983 Supra Wed, 12 January 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i love this! it sent a shiver down my toyota spine!! Shocked Shocked

please, come show me soon!
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: My 1983 Supra Tue, 18 January 2005 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like it... I like it a lot. So clean and so shiny. Now I wish my car looks like that.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: My 1983 Supra Tue, 18 January 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Tue, 18 January 2005 09:07

I like it... I like it a lot. So clean and so shiny. Now I wish my car looks like that.

You can buy it.
He is selling it.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: My 1983 Supra Wed, 19 January 2005 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Tue, 18 January 2005 12:15

Yian wrote on Tue, 18 January 2005 09:07

You can buy it.
He is selling it.

it is not for sale!! Laughing Wink

im seeing if anyone would like to buy it.

until then, i have to fix this battery and headlights dilemma...

its all gone crazy!! Shocked
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: My 1983 Supra Thu, 20 January 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm going to give you shit for putting that EOI here Smile If I do it on the other one, it'll just bump it back up.

Quit it...miaow Laughing
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: My 1983 Supra Thu, 20 January 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 20 January 2005 10:20

I'm going to give you shit for putting that EOI here Smile If I do it on the other one, it'll just bump it back up.

Quit it...miaow Laughing

I toy with selling my car all the time
I can never do it, even though its condition worsens every day and people try convince me that sinking money into it will be a waste of time. They just dont understand Very Happy

gigante
Regular

January 2005
Re: My 1983 Supra Fri, 21 January 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
niccce mk2 man very clean example!!

just wondering, do u or anyone no any where to find a front spoiler or front lip for the mk2 supra??!?

cheers
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: My 1983 Supra Wed, 09 March 2005 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new things happening:!!

new carpet (dark blue Very Happy )
boost controller etc
windows tinted
keyless entry fixed
7mgte Evil or Very Mad
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: My 1983 Supra Thu, 10 March 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ryley, what are those tyres like to drive on? How well do they grip?

Those are the ones I am considering buying as they are one of the few 225/60/R14 tyres available.

Cheers,
James
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: My 1983 Supra Thu, 10 March 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
james-

in the dry i find the tyres pretty good, i run about 34 psi in them...

in the wet they're okay... sometimes highway driving yields aquaplaning... Laughing

but i reckon they're pretty good actually. Very Happy

ryley
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: My 1983 Supra Thu, 10 March 2005 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aquaplaning? You need deeper tread! My brother Aquaplains but that has no tread and on 40psi Very Happy... Seriosuly though, go slow when it's wet otherwise car meets tree/post...
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: My 1983 Supra Sun, 15 May 2005 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gauges mounted in din position, slight modification required. they'll be wired up when i swap the engine. they're speco, and theres a volt gauge, oil pressure and boost gauge.

looks pretty good, looks stock and sleeper like. pics when i find the digicam.

after the 7m swap it will be getting the hiperboost boost controller and wastegate control installed and ramping the boost up to 8-10psi, depending on whether it starts to lean out and whether it will spike on me.

after that, i'll get:

new urethane bushes
tinted windows
aftermarket computer
suspension crap

etc.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: My 1983 Supra Sun, 15 May 2005 15:48 Go to previous message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Mon, 16 May 2005 00:22

gauges mounted in din position, slight modification required. they'll be wired up when i swap the engine. they're speco, and theres a volt gauge, oil pressure and boost gauge...

Pics, pics, pics please Very Happy

Cheers.
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My ?A61 Celica XX - Now NOT powered!
Next Topic:AE82 just resprayed
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 19:07:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074660778045654 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.