Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
dwango
Regular

July 2004
replacement atm intercooler Sun, 22 August 2004 05:17 Go to next message
I was talking to a guy in a Brisbane performance motor shop the other day and he was telling me about a replacement atm intercooler for a 3sgte which has a higher horse power rating. Has any1 tried 1 of these, any good, with mods?? If i remember correctly they were about 120hp higher than standard 1n's. Sorry but i don't recall who the conversation was with, i will have to scan the yellow pages again to find them if all accounts are good. He mentioned a price of 1200 for a the kit, pipes and all and that was with no bargaining.
  Send a private message to this user    
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: replacement atm intercooler Sun, 22 August 2004 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
atm intecooler? do you mean water to air? cause PWR sell a kit with for 1200 dollars.
dwango
Regular

July 2004
Re: replacement atm intercooler Sun, 22 August 2004 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no, air to air
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: replacement atm intercooler Sun, 22 August 2004 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is ATM a brand or company?

by saying "120hp higher" i hope you werent indicating that you expect to gain 120hp just by using a different intercooler
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: replacement atm intercooler Sun, 22 August 2004 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
120+ HP handling capacity i think.

ARC , Speco (?) and maybe PWR might do kits liek this but they still will suffer from thesame heatsoak issues as the standard toyota unit ..

Anyway - that one you have is good for 14 -15 PSI - it just needs better shielding and a fan to keep it happy until you can upgrade to a water to air or a frontmount
dwango
Regular

July 2004
Re: replacement atm intercooler Sun, 22 August 2004 11:36 Go to previous message
ah,
ok taa classique. I guess just being located there makes them equally susceptible to continual heating, no matter.
Actually i thought atm referred to top mount type IC somehow.
Yes, cyber-punk, intercoolers are ofter referred to by their HP rating and i was saying it had a hp rating which was 120hp higher than the standard top mount intercooler.

Has any1 had any experience with one tho
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Factory Cd Player Code
Next Topic:problems with my car
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 09:37:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047481060028076 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.