Classifieds » Parts Wanted » 3SG camshafts, gen 2. consider head

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
3SG camshafts, gen 2. consider head Sun, 22 August 2004 02:27 Go to next message
want a pair of cams. turbo or non-turbo. will consider a complete or part-complete head. thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
QIK 3SGTE
Regular

September 2003
Re: 3SG camshafts, gen 2. consider head Sun, 22 August 2004 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi terry
i have a complete gen 2 head. let me know mate
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3SG camshafts, gen 2. consider head Sun, 22 August 2004 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its for a friend who has 2 buggered cams. how much?
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3SG camshafts, gen 2. consider head Sun, 22 August 2004 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
terry,

i have a set of cams for a g2 for sale - was listed in the for sale section $80/pr to get rid of them. motor had done ~80k when i pulled it apart (no damage, had customer after bottom end)

T
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3SG camshafts, gen 2. consider head Mon, 23 August 2004 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks Toby. will call customer and arrange. did you ever mention to brenton those 4AG cams he sold me are not good. the "copy" one has 1 buggered lobe and the I had to regrind the front bearing where it was repaired as it would not turn in the journal. the sleeve that was used was badly machined.
I have to send it out to get the lobe repaired.
do you have any Gen 3 shims?? need real thick ones. those cams can't be adjusted with the stock range of shims. the thickest Toyota one is about 010" too thin, even with brand new valves in the head.
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3SG camshafts, gen 2. consider head Mon, 23 August 2004 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
terry - not a problem.

you did buy those cams a few years ago!! - & you knew one was slightly damaged - hence the price!

what thickness shims do you need? i can get them made

T
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3SG camshafts, gen 2. consider head Mon, 23 August 2004 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toby, will discuss cams off-line. can make shims myself. need them tomorrow for that head. engine needs to be going friday
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3SG camshafts, gen 2. consider head Mon, 23 August 2004 07:22 Go to previous message
thanks Toby, will have them provided they are usedable as-is , eg on spec for journals and lobes. pls mail to road & track, 66 pine mountain road, nth ipswich 4305. thanks , terry
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE92 4agze igniter
Next Topic:Seats for TA22
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 09:36:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0038459300994873 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.