Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Goddamnitt!! Disappointed again! New ideas welcome from EVERYONE

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
icon4.gif  Goddamnitt!! Disappointed again! New ideas welcome from EVERYONE Thu, 12 August 2004 02:23 Go to next message
2 Months ago, I was told that my pet-love ( <-- see Avatar) would be manufactured by now. I'm now told that there's no plans for it in the Lenso production schedule Mad Mad

My initial reaction was of course, "Fvck it!!! If I can't have those wheels I don't want any!!"

That leaves me with poncy 14" factory rims. Sad

I'm open to all suggestions for my bulbous, silver 5th Gen Celi-coupe.

I've been thinking about similar 5-spoke Alloys, 10-spokes, 6-spoke buddyclubs, Multi-spokes (super-touring style) and anything else cool that I see around. All in White or Gunmetal in my mind, however I'm open to suggestion on this too!

Come at me!! C'arn!! 'aveAgoyamug!! Let me have it!! (your ideas on rims, that is)
  Send a private message to this user    
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Goddamnitt!! Disappointed again! New ideas welcome from EVERYONE Thu, 12 August 2004 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon Auscar three spokes would suit it.

They look good on any car. I saw a current model Civic with them on it this morning. It was certainly the most "individual" looking new civic I've seen in a while.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Goddamnitt!! Disappointed again! New ideas welcome from EVERYONE Thu, 12 August 2004 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont get performance tempests or ROH adrenalins - they look shit on 18X celicas ! Rolling Eyes
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Goddamnitt!! Disappointed again! New ideas welcome from EVERYONE Thu, 12 August 2004 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
currently running at 29 views and only 2 replies: C'mon folks - you know you wanna put your 2-cents worth in!! Chrome aside, no idea is too outlandish. 16's, 17's, crazy-mesh, BBS style race-mesh, curved spokes, flat spokes etc. etc.

Thanx for suggestion joshstix.

And Classique: you didn't mention what I SHOULD get!! haha -You drive a fifth gen: what would you get? what have you got?

[Updated on: Thu, 12 August 2004 03:47]

GEM13B
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: Goddamnitt!! Disappointed again! New ideas welcome from EVERYONE Thu, 12 August 2004 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about 17" gold r34 gtr style wheels, u know those 5 spoke things. that would look cool on a silver car
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Goddamnitt!! Disappointed again! New ideas welcome from EVERYONE Thu, 12 August 2004 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I personally think they look a little too early nineties,and definately not white,,i seem to recall basically identical rims, they were some brand, and the style was called A1,ill find out the name,sorry if that is the same ones...similar to those are the TSW volcanos...and thew TSW sting are also quite similar...sorry just on their site thats all...http://www.tswnet.com/new/productline_passen ger.php

good luck
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Goddamnitt!! Disappointed again! New ideas welcome from EVERYONE Thu, 12 August 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i havent got performance tempests and they look crap anyway Wink
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Goddamnitt!! Disappointed again! New ideas welcome from EVERYONE Thu, 12 August 2004 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a nice set of 18" Zepters in the shed that need some TLC?!!!
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Goddamnitt!! Disappointed again! New ideas welcome from EVERYONE Tue, 17 August 2004 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks 4 de suggestions fellaz. Still fishin' in the sea of wheels for ideas. Does anyone wanna sell me their O.Z. Racing Tarmacs? Rolling Eyes

18's are just too damn big for da little sillycar, CLG - thanks though!

riceburna73 wrote on Thu, 12 August 2004 15:16

I personally think they look a little too early nineties,and definately not white.

I think they look early-nineties too - Just like my car!!

That's why I want them, coz most recent rims I've seen look too angular, or "busy" for my poor old curvy, simple sillycar. AND NO CHROME!!

What dy'all think about these?
http://store1.yimg.com/I/racerwheel_1802_71805970

I think these would look good too, without the little step on the edge of all the spokes. Anyone seen a "cleaner" looking 10-spoke like this?
http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/atitalia/swap/ati_10razze_carbon_ci3_l.jpg
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Goddamnitt!! Disappointed again! New ideas welcome from EVERYONE Tue, 17 August 2004 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I know what u mean. I'm still looking for some wheels for my old girl.

I want 16 or 17 inchers, and they gotta have a chrome (or polished aluminium) hub and rim. The radial arms have to be black.

I may just get the one I have resprayed in black - but I've been told that the paint chips off and looks crappy.

Seen anything like this?

seeyuzz
river
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Goddamnitt!! Disappointed again! New ideas welcome from EVERYONE Tue, 17 August 2004 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Tue, 17 August 2004 15:48

Hi,

I want 16 or 17 inchers, and they gotta have a chrome (or polished aluminium) hub and rim. The radial arms have to be black.

I may just get the one I have resprayed in black - but I've been told that the paint chips off and looks crappy.

river

Like these? (imagine Black centrezzzz)
http://mymail.telstra.com/ms/5aps/attach/INOX_GT_10.jpg?sid=ZGX3emJmq9k&mbox=INBOX&uid=53&number=3&filename=INOX%20GT%2010.jpg

http://mymail.telstra.com/ms/5aps/attach/GT7white.jpg?sid=ZGX3emJmq9k&mbox=INBOX&uid=53&number=2&filename=GT7white.jpg

If you trawl around internet wheel stores, you'll find a helluva lot of 2-piece wheels with a factory-painted centre, and a chrome/polished lip. What be your ride? What style of rim tickles your fancy?
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Goddamnitt!! Disappointed again! New ideas welcome from EVERYONE Mon, 23 August 2004 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What D'ya think of these? Kinda McMerc SLR-Turbine style...

http://www.wheelmax.com/Specials/bsa/301hb.gif

eh? eh?
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Goddamnitt!! Disappointed again! New ideas welcome from EVERYONE Mon, 23 August 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the last ones aren't too bad....

i kinda like the step on those AT ones

these may be intreesting?
although not sure on the pricing/availability of enkei's

http://www.enkei.co.jp/en/products_img/elem_detail_rpf1_19.jpg

same as these
http://www.enkei.co.jp/en/products_img/elem_detail_nt03m_s.jpg
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Goddamnitt!! Disappointed again! New ideas welcome from EVERYONE Mon, 23 August 2004 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice one Finney: I haven't seen all of Enkei's wheels offered in Australia. Tyre stores have been HOLDING OUT ON ME!! Evil or Very Mad

Not sure about that second one, with the thin hoop running inside the main spokes. They're on a chassis-group commodore at work and I don't really dig-on them "in the flesh" either. Each to their own I guess (shrugs).

At Enkei, I liked:
http://www.enkei.co.jp/en/products_img/elem_detail_rc5_w.jpg
RC5

http://www.enkei.co.jp/en/products_img/elem_detail_wte_w.jpg
WRC Tarmac EVO

http://www.enkei.co.jp/en/products_img/elem_detail_est_w.jpg
ES-Tarmac

I liked the RPF1's you posted too. I gotta guess that anything with "F1 Technology" is gunna be outta my price range though.
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: Goddamnitt!! Disappointed again! New ideas welcome from EVERYONE Mon, 23 August 2004 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i love this type of wheel too white is the way to go
if u want why dont u just buy some normal gray spoked ones and get them power coated
cheaper than lenso and they will still look like a touring car Very Happy
but yeah GO THE WHITE WHEELS
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Goddamnitt!! Disappointed again! New ideas welcome from EVERYONE Mon, 23 August 2004 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
olihaub wrote on Mon, 23 August 2004 16:29

i love this type of wheel too white is the way to go
if u want why dont u just buy some normal gray spoked ones and get them power coated
cheaper than lenso and they will still look like a touring car Very Happy
but yeah GO THE WHITE WHEELS

That's just it dude: The Lenso's ARE the cheaper wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what pisses me off so much. They're actually below my target budget range, and they're listed in my exact stud pattern and offset at www.lensowheel.com . They're just not making them at the moment.

How cheap you ask?

Email from Australia's best Tyre Service

A set of four (4) 17 x 7 Lenso VPD alloy wheels
fitted with new tyres to suit your Celica will cost $1420. This includes
GST, fitting, computerised wheel balancing, and supply of valves, nuts, and
caps.
Regards,
Braydon Cobb
Australia's Best Tyre Service

Tyres in that deal were/are Falken something or other. There's a thread around General Car talk somewhere with details......
Crying or Very Sad Sad
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: Goddamnitt!! Disappointed again! New ideas welcome from EVERYONE Mon, 23 August 2004 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that sucks man
but i know tempe tyres is having a sale on a whole different buch of wheels for like 800 bucks and they are 17" buy 7" with tyres
maybe u should have a look at some of those and see if u can paint them
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Goddamnitt!! Disappointed again! New ideas welcome from EVERYONE Mon, 23 August 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viper A2 are almost identical to the wheels you want. Try searching for some of those. I don't have a pic that I can post, but know someone who had them on their old car.
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Goddamnitt!! Disappointed again! New ideas welcome from EVERYONE Mon, 23 August 2004 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im with josh auscar 3 spokes! all the way

http://www.members.optushome.com.au/benh/Corolla/FrontSideView.jpg

they would look made on a celica!!
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Goddamnitt!! Disappointed again! New ideas welcome from EVERYONE Mon, 23 August 2004 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dunno, i think the tri spokes have been done to death though Confused

but then again, whatever tickles your fancy
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Goddamnitt!! Disappointed again! New ideas welcome from EVERYONE Wed, 25 August 2004 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrAiGzEE wrote on Mon, 23 August 2004 19:33

im with josh auscar 3 spokes! all the way

they would look made on a celica!!

Soz CraigzEE + Josh: I just can't get my head around the ol' Auscar 3-spoke. They just LOOK too heavy for my tastes, regardless of what they actually weigh. For that matter, I think I've got a long-standing hatred of all mags "Auscar" -especially the super-annonynous 5 spokes I always see on Taxis. Yechh!! Yawn

Like this CSA: http://www.tyres.com/upload_images/CSA/mellenia.JPG
I think I have to spew!!

st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Goddamnitt!! Disappointed again! New ideas welcome from EVERYONE Thu, 26 August 2004 04:31 Go to previous message
Soarer wrote on Mon, 23 August 2004 17:07

Viper A2 are almost identical to the wheels you want. Try searching for some of those. I don't have a pic that I can post, but know someone who had them on their old car.

These?

http://turbo.pulsar.org.au/rebuild/27-12-03//27-12-03%20010.jpg

Just to be hyper-picky, I don't like the flattened section on the hub, between each spoke. I like da constant curve in there. Confused
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:BEST AE86 PICS
Next Topic:Broadbanders: Phearsome vid-clip ov-da Porka Gee-Tee. - Awesome V10 sound
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 03:08:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063731670379639 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.