Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Fri, 20 August 2004 05:10 Go to next message
Hi all, not 100% sure yet but I may be stripping down my 3TGTE and selling off all the good bits. So before I do want to see if there is interest in the parts...

Custom made JMR front facing plenum with bored out larger runners. This alone made my engine pick up 20rwkw! $700 ono.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/helenfitz/pictures/3t%20engine%20driver.jpg

--------------

Custom made JMR turbo manifold to hold CT20B or CT26 twin entry turbo. $500 ono

http://img4.exs.cx/img4/7181/Manifold3small.jpg

--------------

3T-GTE forged pistons .5mm oversized. Done around 30,000km. Originally supplied by Sean Mallony IDB Automotive. $600 ono.

--------------

13B Injectors. 550cc. Cleaned & serviced recently. Direct fit for 3T-GTE fuel rail. Can easily supply enough fuel for 22PSI + boost. $200 ono.

--------------

3T-GTE complete head. Serviced 30,000km ago with new shims, heavy duty valve springs, etc. $300 ono.

--------------

3T-GTE balanced and lightened flywheel. 6.5kg or so. $150 ono.

--------------

3T-GTE direct fire ignition hardware. Trigger disc for crank, 2 lugs 180 degrees apart. Mount to hold sensor. Gutted and modified dizzy for cam speed signal. Works well with Autronic but i'm sure can be used with other ECU's. $100 ono.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/helenfitz/pictures/crank%20angle.jpg

-------------

Near new Toyota oil pump. $200 ono.

-------------

Also any other 3T-GTE bits you might need... Block, crank, rods. 3T-GTE geniune Toyota gasket kit. etc etc.

All prices are negotiable .. I'd let the whole thing (complete engine, custom inlet/plenum, injectors, exhaust manifold, gasket kit, etc) go for around $2000. - turbo itself not included.

This is a pretty good deal I reckon as it's enough to build a reliable 160 rwkw + 3t-gte up.

Cheers
Joel

[Updated on: Sat, 21 August 2004 00:04]

Send a private message to this user    
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Fri, 20 August 2004 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey mate id be keen on the injectors if they will fit in a 4age rwd manifold.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Fri, 20 August 2004 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't confirm if they'd fit mate. I'm sure someone on Toymods could tell you though who's had more experience with 4A.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Fri, 20 August 2004 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[hitting head on wall] "Must not buy 3TGTE parts anymore"!!!
ta22celica_boy
Regular

August 2002
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Fri, 20 August 2004 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you have a pm

cheers josh v
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Fri, 20 August 2004 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey joel is the direct fire include the coil/spark packs for all 8 sparkies? all the wiring, etc?

basically is it complete in a sense to hook it all up?

PS whats happening to the celica? are you trying to make the cash for the 3S???

[Updated on: Fri, 20 August 2004 09:02]

FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Fri, 20 August 2004 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM sent. Smile
ToNkA
Regular

August 2004
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Fri, 20 August 2004 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Email sent!
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Fri, 20 August 2004 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill take the injecters if u havent sold them...pm me
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Fri, 20 August 2004 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fade-e , mate the direct fire setup.. I'm just selling the trigger setups basically. So you'd need coilpacks to make it work, and depending on your ECU some kind of ignitor.

Yeah i'm seeing if I can raise enough money for the 3S project.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Fri, 20 August 2004 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate if you end up seperating it them im very interested in the block and sump complete except for crank/rods/pistons/flywheel... so the water pump/internal oil pump/blah blah blah and if no one wants ill probably want thr cran pully too

EDITING THIS:
not sure what its worth so give me a rough figure of what you would be after... cheers

TO THIS:
looked at a few old posts and they hve sold the block for $50, so ill offer $100 for the block, sump and other atachments as i stated earlier

[Updated on: Fri, 20 August 2004 23:22]

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Sat, 21 August 2004 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool its good to see there is lots of interest in parts Smile

Mate with the block etc... That price you offered is cool except for the oil pump, its a almost brand new toyota item which is worth close to $400.

I reckon if building a hi strung engine up you should have a new oil pump in there as if that breaks so does everything else.

I'd really want around $200 for the oil pump though. So if you wanted -

block
sump
oil pump
water pump
and any other bits that are attached..

How does $250 sound?

Cheers
Joel
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Sat, 21 August 2004 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate a deal can always be made! if you sell the lot in one go then good on ya; but if it comes to a strip let me know...
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Sat, 21 August 2004 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So far there hasn't been any interest for it complete.. So if I sell looks like it'll be in parts.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Sat, 21 August 2004 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well you make more seperating anyway Very Happy

actually how much you want for a complete bottom end?

so you want $250 for what i want, if i take the crank/rods and pistons too what you want total? more of a question than a definate though...
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Sat, 21 August 2004 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I guess the only other thing really is the pistons that are worth a bit.

I suppose if you were to buy the complete block (block, sump, oil pump, crank, rods, pistons, water pump, timing cover) around $700?

fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Sat, 21 August 2004 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn thats a pretty good price!!! but still a bit steep for me so ill just stick to a complete bottom end EXCLUDING crank/rods/pistons/flywheel...
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Sat, 21 August 2004 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All the prices quoted by everyone in this thread are FUCKING BARGAINS!!! I'm off to hit my head against the wall again!
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Sat, 21 August 2004 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CLG wrote on Sat, 21 August 2004 12:50

All the prices quoted by everyone in this thread are FUCKING BARGAINS!!! I'm off to hit my head against the wall again!

i agree, for me though i recon his vibration issue is crank/rods related so i dont want them and as for pistons im goingoto go bigger so no use for me to buy them BUT are still freaking piss cheap for $600

BTW joel your site says 1mm oversized pistons yet this thread says .5mm???? which is it???
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Sat, 21 August 2004 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah figure better to put good prices and get quick sales if it does go ahead.

I agree about the crank, rods possibly being the problem. So thats the main reason I would sell everything individually.

Shit im confused about the pistons now.. .5 or 1mm.. hmm.. Being oversized is a good thing though as if you ever damage the block or mark the bore you can find another block and bore it out as good as new again.

I'll check the size of the pistons and get back to everyone. I got a set of rings here for them so im sure they will say the size.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Sat, 21 August 2004 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are 86mm pistons I think, so is that 1mm oversized?
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Sat, 21 August 2004 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is correct my friend! they would be 1mm over size

if you damage the block on oversize then just over size it again to 2mm Very Happy

thats what i might do, either 2mm or even 3mm, not going to go past 3mm though as i have been advised (by ROD) that it would get too close to water jackets.

apparently he and Jason were saying i think 5mm would be the most but there would only be a 1mm or so to the jackets Shocked

im already worried bout blowing blocks already for what i want to do so going too oversized would just freak me out more... BUT YOU NEVER KNOW Laughing
KoinTA22
Regular

December 2002
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Sat, 21 August 2004 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm very interested, I was gonna make these mods to my engine but have little time with work now. How much for the whole thing and where are you exactly?
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon6.gif  Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Sun, 22 August 2004 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good luck with the sale dude, Bugger me tho man that is sooooooooo cheap ! If we haden't come so far with Scrotes rebuild we would have snapped this up for sure. S trip down balance and rebuild and your away !

Shame to see you ditch the 3T because of a minor poroblem but the 3S will be a nice conversion.

fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Sun, 22 August 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if i get what i want then i aint complaing bout his problems Rolling Eyes Laughing

but true that its a shame to see such an awsomw motor get dispanded, but HOPEFULLY i benefit from it (unless he sells it complete)

my theory is that you can never have enough motors lying round, ie, thetoyman75 like i said before if you still got that motor next year when im ready im taking it Very Happy hell ill take the one your building now when its finished Evil or Very Mad
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Sun, 22 August 2004 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it's a really hard decision .. Got two options, strip it, repair and build it up again. Or sell it off and finish the 3S.

One part of me is like why spend more money on the 3T when the 3S is almost complete (just needs inlet and turbo manifold made and some machine work). Then another part of me knows that with engine conversions they always take 3x longer than what you expect and I dont want the 28 off the road. So in regards to that repairing the 3T is the sensible option.

I'm just going to give it a few days thought and see how much money I can get on all the parts then decide what to do.

I'll most likely pull the 3T apart, see whats wrong with it and then decide if it should be rebuilt or not.

Cheers
Joel

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Mon, 23 August 2004 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all, well by the looks of things I'm going to be attempting to repair the 3T.

Sorry to disappoint everyone who is interested in parts off it.

I'm going to pull it out next week and strip it down. Once I find out what the damage is i'll make my final decision but pretty sure whatever it is will be repaired.

I think I am kidding myself to think i'd have the 3S finished in a short period of time and would only be rushing it/cutting corners to have it done.

So best to chuck a bit more money at the 3T to keep it happy.

Thanks all for your interest though and after next week when I pull it apart if its not worth repairing i'll let everyone know.

Cheers
Joel
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Mon, 23 August 2004 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good choice mate, its good to know there will still be another 3TGT going round

unfortunately for me i dont get the block Crying or Very Sad

Laughing

good luck mate with it hope it doesnt turn out to be a nightmare... hey how much do they charge for balancing everything if you give them all the parts???
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Mon, 23 August 2004 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Might be on the hunt for spare 3T parts myself soon.. hmm rods, crank? wonder whats bent.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Mon, 23 August 2004 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wouldnt you be better off jsut getting a new crank and rods if they are the problem?
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Mon, 23 August 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd probably have to go second hand parts, doubt you'd find that stuff new?

But it would all be machined and balanced again etc.

Talking of balancing, Graham Wilkins charges around $120 from memory to balance it all.
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Mon, 23 August 2004 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats a beautiful engine bay. what camber plates are those?
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: EOI : Hipeformance 3T-GTE parts Mon, 23 August 2004 09:28 Go to previous message
Jason 9yellorolla) mentioned to me once that he can get them new and hardened... but ask him i could have read his PM wrong as i have deleted it now
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FS :T-50 5-speed for sprinter asking $250
Next Topic:For Sale: Turbo timer (Sydney)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 06:24:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057189464569092 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.