Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » 0 gauge battery wiring (for boot relocation)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

0 gauge battery wiring (for boot relocation) Mon, 23 August 2004 11:31 Go to next message
ok, battery has to be moved to the boot to make room for intercooler piping... now I can source 3 metres of the stuff from a friend, and my question is should I use that 3 metres and put a join in the wire, or just buy the 3.5 metres I need from a shop and be done with it?

OR, should I take joorsh's suggestion (which I always shy away from regardless Smile) and shell out for one of those teeny little expensive batteries? And how do they work power an average sound system with the engine off?
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 0 gauge battery wiring (for boot relocation) Mon, 23 August 2004 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Buy the 3.5m you need. The join will cause unwanted resistance.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 0 gauge battery wiring (for boot relocation) Mon, 23 August 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Although if you have a good connection the resistance should be negligible, especially in that gauge, another connection is just always going to be another thing to go wrong. Just get the right length.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 0 gauge battery wiring (for boot relocation) Mon, 23 August 2004 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm, assumed as much
but confirmation is always good

I take it that's a "no" on buying the little dry cell ultima thingies?
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 0 gauge battery wiring (for boot relocation) Mon, 23 August 2004 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats the $ on the remaining 3m greg?

3m is almost exactly what id need if contemplaing such a move Smile
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 0 gauge battery wiring (for boot relocation) Mon, 23 August 2004 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sealed lead acid batteries are cool Wink
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 0 gauge battery wiring (for boot relocation) Mon, 23 August 2004 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes they are but are also expensive... $420 for the Optima one I bought. Confused
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 0 gauge battery wiring (for boot relocation) Mon, 23 August 2004 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHAHAH!!!!

sorry but i just find it so amusing how much people pay for those things! no offense to you or anyone of course!
They are so not worth more than $200.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 0 gauge battery wiring (for boot relocation) Mon, 23 August 2004 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Tue, 24 August 2004 00:09

HAHAHAH!!!!

sorry but i just find it so amusing how much people pay for those things! no offense to you or anyone of course!
They are so not worth more than $200.

Yeah I know... BUUUUUUT, I couldn't find people who would sell me a deep cycle battery that I could use to run my car on for less than that. Mad

Oh, BTW, I actually needed a deep cycle battery for running my ventilator off at night time when I go camping.

[Updated on: Mon, 23 August 2004 14:15]

Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 0 gauge battery wiring (for boot relocation) Tue, 24 August 2004 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
food for thought. put a isolating switch(rally style) in the cabin and use this as a point to join the cables. then again the cable aint that expensive just go to gaycar.
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 0 gauge battery wiring (for boot relocation) Tue, 24 August 2004 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go to a decent tool shop and buy welding cable instead (its insulated better imo)

its all pretty cheap no matter if you use 'jaycar' type cable or the welding stuff but you def. want to get the right length
Sigmeister
Regular

June 2004
Re: 0 gauge battery wiring (for boot relocation) Tue, 24 August 2004 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to BOC gas and get some 55mm^2 welding flex. Can be had for $8 a metre. Not quite as flexible as stinger\Aerpro, but still does the job.
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 0 gauge battery wiring (for boot relocation) Tue, 24 August 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Listen to Josh! The Josh is cool and good looking!

Rule 1: The Josh is always right.
Rule 2: If The Josh is ever wrong, see rule 1.

-J-
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 0 gauge battery wiring (for boot relocation) Tue, 24 August 2004 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well
just remembered my brother works for a rather large audio firm, and can almost certainly get me high quality 0 gauge for $0 .... so I'll be getting that Smile
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 0 gauge battery wiring (for boot relocation) Thu, 26 August 2004 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didnt think you could remove batteries to the boot of cars like ours since the boot shares a "common" area with the cabin

or are you somehow sealing the battery and punching a hole in the side of your car for a vent?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 0 gauge battery wiring (for boot relocation) Thu, 26 August 2004 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
exactly Smile
sealed battery, fixed, vented to atmo
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 0 gauge battery wiring (for boot relocation) Thu, 26 August 2004 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ma61s have that very convenient vent out the side of the car, which can be tapped into from the interior without excessive butchery
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 0 gauge battery wiring (for boot relocation) Thu, 26 August 2004 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Thu, 26 August 2004 23:42

ma61s have that very convenient vent out the side of the car, which can be tapped into from the interior without excessive butchery

i was thinking you'd probably use one of those vents...seemed the logical choice
too bad one of mine is a bit broken, bit off topic, but yeah Sad (some bitch scraped along it trying to get into a slip lane...she was almost crying when i finished yelling at her...fucken mercedes drivers)
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 0 gauge battery wiring (for boot relocation) Fri, 27 August 2004 00:32 Go to previous message
Cyber-punk wrote on Fri, 27 August 2004 06:42

she was almost crying when i finished yelling at her...fucken mercedes drivers)

Hahah, Qual-i-tah.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:The chicks dig the tofu!!!
Next Topic:header and 5ME pics needed.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:09:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052940845489502 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.