Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
boostdaboost
Newcomer

August 2004
ta22 (23) + 1ggte Tue, 24 August 2004 06:06 Go to next message
gday all

i was wondering how diffucult it would be to do a 1ggte conversion into a ta22? i have searched and searched and searched and havent found much on the actual conversion. I know it has been done before and was just basically after some opinions, advice and a rough price guide i will be looking at. Keeping in mind to keep costs down i will be going for a faily basic install untill i can afford to really throw some mulah into it. My budget is around 4-7k.

Plus what are some other good options for a ta22 with reasionable power (its gotta be a turbo)???

goodo

[Updated on: Tue, 24 August 2004 06:32]

Send a private message to this user    
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: ta22 + 1ggte Tue, 24 August 2004 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the reason why you woudn't find anything on the search is because it is considered a highly expensive/impossible conversion

you would save $4-7 if you bought an RA23-TA23 as the TA22 engine bay requires heaps of modifying for a 1GG.

you are looking for a 4AGE-GZE or even GTE if you have the funds

Or, just buy a new car
boostdaboost
Newcomer

August 2004
Re: ta22 + 1ggte Tue, 24 August 2004 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm ok. well the same question applies but i guess now i have to look for a 23
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: ta22 + 1ggte Tue, 24 August 2004 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A 1G-xxx conversion into a RA23/28/40 is a relatively straight forward conversion and if you look at the Articles / Tech Doc's section of this excellent forum, you will find some excellent stories on how to do this.
Mitch.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: ta22 (23) + 1ggte Tue, 24 August 2004 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you are keen on doing the 1G into a TA22 I know someone that can cut and shut your firewall, and will also do all the engineering.
djbourboncan
Regular

August 2004
Re: ta22 (23) + 1ggte Mon, 30 August 2004 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Tue, 24 August 2004 18:42

If you are keen on doing the 1G into a TA22 I know someone that can cut and shut your firewall, and will also do all the engineering.

hmmm i bet theres a few people here that want to cut and shut your mouth!...lol..

especially the person trying to sell a bellhousing atm
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: ta22 + 1ggte Mon, 30 August 2004 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If your keen on my car still itsb a ta23 not a ta22 so engine bay is the right size for what you need
SIKTA22
Regular

March 2003
Re: ta22 + 1ggte Mon, 30 August 2004 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go an SR20DET, it will easily fit into your price range and is turbo.. you wont have to cut your firewall to make it fit either. can create good HP from these motors too with a few mods like boost, exhaust, front mount etc..

same applys with a 3SGTE..
GA22GT
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: ta22 (23) + 1ggte Mon, 30 August 2004 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive done a 1G-GTE into TA22 conversion. Its easier than doing a 3SGTE to rear wheel conversion. Just bang and whack the firewall till you think you got enough space for the gearbox to fit. Engine is quite long so the main pulley just sits on top of the front frame about 10mm. Main pulley has to be modified. I machined away a few mm to make diameter smaller just enough for belts to go around safely. The 'mid type' oil sump was changed with the 'front type' and slightly modified to clear the sway bar or you could just remove the sway bar like my friend did. The radiator has been pushed foreward together with the aircond condensor and the intercooler. I cant fit the front grill though. Lost of original stuff has to be cut away so the engine can go straight in after taking out the front bumper and stuff in the front. Oh ya .. both mounts on engine and crossmember have to be custom made. I have been using the car for almost 3 years now and so far no problems. Total costs include wiring, exhaust, engine in $3030 and a little patience. You can see some old pics here .. not so detail though. http://www.geocities.com/levinboyz/celica.html
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: ta22 (23) + 1ggte Tue, 31 August 2004 04:11 Go to previous message
djbourboncan wrote on Mon, 30 August 2004 17:19

hmmm i bet theres a few people here that want to cut and shut your mouth!...lol..

I bet your one of them. Worried about me letting out the stories of me butt fucking you and then cleaning off mess with your sisters skirt.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:GA70 Exhaust on a GZ20
Next Topic:Koni adjustable shocks - how to adjust? -Sprinter
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 07:21:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048010349273682 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.