Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » name this part, what dose it do?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae82boy
Occasional Poster

August 2004
name this part, what dose it do? Tue, 24 August 2004 08:04 Go to next message
sorry about the n00b question, but what the hell is this on the
fuel rail, the little screw on top moves up an down, under acceleration, what will happen if i adjust this what will happen??

http://home.iprimus.com.au/wkconnor/DSCF0354.JPG

any input will help.
  Send a private message to this user    
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: name this part, what dose it do? Tue, 24 August 2004 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think its a fuel pressure regulator. It regulates fuel pressure at the rail by controlling fuel flow through the return line to the tank. The fuel pressure relative to the manifold pressure should always be about the same (about 40psi, not sure of the spec). When manifold pressure goes down, fuel pressure should also go down which is why there is a vacuum line going to the diaphram on the pressure regulator. I guess the screw in the middle is to adjust the fuel pressure a bit. If you think its wrong, put a pressure gauge on it and see what its reading, then adjust the screw. Rev the motor and you should see the pressure change (relative to atmosphere).
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: name this part, what dose it do? Tue, 24 August 2004 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a fuel pulsation damper. it's spose to dampen the pulses of fuel from the fuel pump to give a steady flow of fuel into the fuel rail. well thats my understanding of it.
i am not sure about the screw adjustment on top... Confused

i removed mine when i did my turbo conversion.

fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: name this part, what dose it do? Tue, 24 August 2004 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats the damper/dampner, the other side is the pressure regulator
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: name this part, what dose it do? Tue, 24 August 2004 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It looks very similar to the one on the 7MGTE, and IF it is, then it's a fuel pressure regulator.

-J-
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: name this part, what dose it do? Tue, 24 August 2004 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is a pulsation dampener - the regulator is attached to the other end of the fuel rail. It should have a screw in it and I am completely unware of how to adjust it (if that is even possible!).

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: name this part, what dose it do? Tue, 24 August 2004 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the pulsation dampener is supposed to damp out the pulsations in fuel pressure caused by the pulsed release of pressure due to the injectors opening (more apparent in batch fire systems).

The screw on the back is not an adjustment, it's what holds the internal diaphram together! There is no adjustment
**AFAIK**
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: name this part, what dose it do? Tue, 24 August 2004 14:47 Go to previous message
nope, not adjustable...

and yeah, it does look a bit like a fuel pres reg, but not quite, wrong lines, and wrong end of the fuel rail Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Where can i buy a new HKS 2GGTE kit (and yes i checked HKS web site)
Next Topic:3SGE into TA-23 Qs.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 06:51:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042679309844971 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.