Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
1JZ & Haltech Stalling when cold Tue, 24 August 2004 10:25 Go to next message
Guys,

Im running an E6X with the OEM idle control motor. When the engine is cold, it often stalls when im braking and downchanging, not cool when the pedal suddnley feels like a rock with a car in front. Any ideas what to alter in the haltech setup to stop this, is it an idle motor control problem?

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1JZ & Haltech Stalling when cold Tue, 24 August 2004 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try the output options page (CTRL-O) & adjust the "cold opening" parameter for the idle stepper control. Go up in increments of 5, and check each time after giving the motor a small rev in neutral. It should come back to about 100-200rpm above idle speed for a moment, then drop to idle.

If this doesn't fix it, then you probably need to work on your fuel & ignition figures at 500 & 1000rpm.

Good luck, let us know how you go.

Cheers
Phil
82MKII
Regular

July 2003
Re: 1JZ & Haltech Stalling when cold Tue, 24 August 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip - Justin is having the same issues and has been given a few parameters to try.
Maybe you guys can swap notes at the Oldskool cruise on Sunday.
Justin - where are you?

Peter
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1JZ & Haltech Stalling when cold Wed, 25 August 2004 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TE72_Turbo: Thanks for the info, ill give it a try.

Pete: If Justin doesnt reply here soon ill PM him.

Yeah hopefully I can make it to the cruise, my clutch is giving me the craps still but, it's not fully disengaging enough since i upgraded the pressure plate. Alot of gear grinding is going on now Smile
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ & Haltech Stalling when cold Wed, 25 August 2004 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Skip,

I had the EXACT same problem - which I've not got pretty much under control. As TE72 says above, start with the cold opening percentage - though I found that to ptoperly test it I had to go round the block rather than just add a few revs. If you add too much, the engine will hunt at iddle and sound like a bent orchestra. I gave it an extra 5 (taking it to 35 from memory) and may give it another 5 on the weekend - still getting a bit close to stall. I think that will solve you're problems. But, if not, you might have a look at your Cold Min Position figure on the same window and/or adding a few percentages to the low temp bars in the Fuel-Coolant Correction map.

HTH,

Justin

PS Are you using fuel cut on deceleration? I'm about ready to turn mine on.

PPS What is your base idle set to? Haltech factory base-map was 816rpm, which is what I'm currently on - though I read in other post that 700rpm is factory. Just out of curiousity - idle sounds good.
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1JZ & Haltech Stalling when cold Wed, 25 August 2004 05:13 Go to previous message
Cheers mate ill give it a go. No fuel cut ATM, my base idle is 800 rpm, it tends to hunt up and down a bit to 900 rpm though. 700 rpm sounds too low to me.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:IS200 6 speed gearbox to 3T boltup?
Next Topic:1j cressida
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 19 19:36:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005897045135498 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.