Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
4agzuki
Occasional Poster

July 2004
cold start on 4agze Tue, 24 August 2004 14:51 Go to next message
does anyone know the rough settings on the factory computer with regards to the cold start injector. Im running an aftermarket ecu (wolf v4) and for the life of me cant get a cold start out of it without cranking it for a week an messing with the throttle. For me this boils down to one thing not enough fuel can be supplied through the injectors, i guess thats why they added a cold start injector form factory... der.
The info that i require if anyone can help is the supply voltage for the injector, temp ranges and roughly how long it needs to run for so i can get this sucker started in the morn without hassles and without flooding.
cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: cold start on 4agze Wed, 25 August 2004 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is probably not a great deal of help, but a start.

There are two senors on the back of the head, one of them is used to sense when the cold start injector should come on (should be easy to work out which one it is). One sensor is green one is brown, one measures the water temp and the other is for cold start.

On my 4AGTE I have an 86kw throttle body and the wax pallet is hooked up to the coolant lines (this works perfectly on cold start ups on mine running a microtech, starts first go down to minus 7 degrees), but the ZE throttle body is a little different I think, it's not quite so simple??

I don't use the extra injector on mine either.

Others who are more knoweldgable will probably reply soon and offer more help.

Cheers.
4agzuki
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: cold start on 4agze Wed, 25 August 2004 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers, its a start, but the problem seems to be getting a good shot of fuel before the car starts which the injectors dont seem to supply enough, cause im giving it bulk injector timing at cold but still nothing. So i have to work out a way to get this cold start injector running.
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: cold start on 4agze Wed, 25 August 2004 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The ZE injectors are more than big enough to start the car, if the injectors are maxed out at startup, I'd say you're running too much fuel and flooding the engine.

Getting an aftermarket ECU to start nicely is a bugger of a job.
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: cold start on 4agze Wed, 25 August 2004 22:54 Go to previous message
i would be pulling some fuel out of it, sounds like your flooding it,

put some new plugs in as well,

i have never had a problem getting a car to kick when it is cold
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Oil Cooler Blocks - Which are Compatible with my 1jz?
Next Topic:1j parts and how to start off...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 16:39:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0031640529632568 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.