Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » What do people think of performance forums?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

What do people think of performance forums? Thu, 26 August 2004 05:55 Go to next message
I got banned 5 times from there today, and a couple of IP bans to boot.

Do you think I deserved it?

hehe, I can't get a link for you as it's in the General->Other forum which is restricted to members. And I get banned within 1 minute of signup Smiley =. If you have an account on there just look for the threads titled 'please ignore me'.

I'll register in a couple of days when they've stopped watching registrations so closely with a completely different nick, different email addy and an IP from a different A class and grab the links for yas.

There was also another thread I started explaing why I hadn't broken any rules and wasn't given a fair go, and also asking to be emailed offline to sort this problem out, but the moderator has deleted it (I suspect to not bring any more attention to the matter).

Anyways, I know where my forums home is Smiley =
  Send a private message to this user    
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What do people think of performance forums? Thu, 26 August 2004 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Thu, 26 August 2004 15:55

I got banned 5 times from there today, and a couple of IP bans to boot.
Anyways, I know where my forums home is Smiley =

Laughing Great effort!!!
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What do people think of performance forums? Thu, 26 August 2004 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are some total wankers on there.. Suppose get that on every forum though..

But some of my biggest fights have been with narrow minded idiots on there who think they are higher than everyone else.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: What do people think of performance forums? Thu, 26 August 2004 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what forum was it? and why are you getting banned???
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: What do people think of performance forums? Thu, 26 August 2004 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The initial post was moved to the pool room, so you can get there without being registered.

http://board.performanceforums.com/forums/showthre ad.php?threadid=67179464

The next post is in General -> Off Topic

It's pretty funny really. I started a thread in "off topic" to try and raise my post count so I could post a "Wanted to buy" add (looking for a VT commondore body kit).
Anyways before I could say boo I get banned, sure the intention was there to post 100 posts, but all a moderator had to say is "don't do it" and I would have stopped.

They can have their forums, as I said in a post on there. I've lurked there for years under my own nick and other peoples, and I have never once found a thread that I wanted to reply to. I'm sure there are great people on there, but the w*nkers won this time.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 August 2004 07:45]

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: What do people think of performance forums? Thu, 26 August 2004 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, I just looked back at the thread and noticed the moderators have removed my tounge in cheek WTB add and put in place this.

*WTB ad removed by moderator*

I guess this is to make them look a little better when people look over the forum.

If anyone know hotgemini in real life, give him a headbutt for me Smiley =
indigoid
Regular

September 2002

Re: What do people think of performance forums? Thu, 26 August 2004 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you're a whiner. And for what it's worth I've posted ads in their for sale section, and not had any trouble - despite having made far fewer than 100 posts. What you did was utterly noblike. I'd have banned you too. Didn't you see their rules page, where it says:

Quote:

If you insist on being a dickhead, you will be banned.

I like PF. There's some very switched-on people there.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What do people think of performance forums? Thu, 26 August 2004 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you would think that lurking there for years you would have worked out before u started the thread, that threads like that would get u banned.

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What do people think of performance forums? Thu, 26 August 2004 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bona fide proof you are complete fuckhead.

EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: What do people think of performance forums? Thu, 26 August 2004 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres some very smart people on there and you can get some damn good info if you speak to the right people. ive been reading the forums for ages but dont contribute much, i get the impression there are a main group of people who like to talk with each other and new people arent very welcome. but i still go there anyway Smile
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: What do people think of performance forums? Thu, 26 August 2004 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used to go there heaps as there are a lot of people on there and lots of new info. pops up. These days, this is the place to be. More specific toyota info. so I don't really need to go there. I just check out the general section as all the new goss about up coming models seems to makes it way there.

BTW you should have just had some patience or posted something during the 2 years of lurking there.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: What do people think of performance forums? Thu, 26 August 2004 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I definately should have pulled my head in, but imho, I think it was the combination of me being a tool and a knob trying to make an example out of someone that got me banned.

I reckon you're pretty spot on EVOSTi

Ta for your input gianttomato, it's a pretty clever person that instantly resorts to name calling Twisted Evil

Anyways, moral to the story, don't act funny in unfamiliar territory.
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What do people think of performance forums? Thu, 26 August 2004 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Honestly, you'd been registered on the forums for 10 months, in those 10 months, you'd viewed the general forums 18 times without posting, the only posts you'd made were in the For Sale section. However, you'd viewed them 859 times.

You were adding nothing of any value to the forum, then started spamming the pool room so you could post your own ad.

I'm surprised you lasted as long as you did....
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: What do people think of performance forums? Thu, 26 August 2004 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, the pf for sale section is a sponsored area, no views = no sponsors. I think I'm contributing a bit.

Also if you read it, the thread was started in off-topic with a subject of 'please ignore me'. I did everything I thought I could to legitly raise my post count, then I didn't even get an explanation or warning before I was banned.

The posting of my own add was very tounge and cheek and only hinted at what I was after, very much not an add.

Anyways, your comments are appreciated fellas. I started this thread to see if I was out of line, and I obvisouly was. Still don't quite understand, but going to have to live with it.

Cheers,
Dave
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What do people think of performance forums? Thu, 26 August 2004 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Fri, 27 August 2004 08:32

I did everything I thought I could to legitly raise my post count, then I didn't even get an explanation or warning before I was banned.

Did you consider contributing to any of the discussions going on?
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: What do people think of performance forums? Thu, 26 August 2004 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Wilson wrote on Fri, 27 August 2004 08:46

davedave wrote on Fri, 27 August 2004 08:32

I did everything I thought I could to legitly raise my post count, then I didn't even get an explanation or warning before I was banned.

Did you consider contributing to any of the discussions going on?

EXACTLY.

Personally, I think A warning would have been better than a banning. But here is the reason you got banned.

Your basically a forsale abuser.

General: 0 posts, 18 views
Ex Vi Termini: 0 posts, 0 views
For Sale: 6 posts, 859 views
Technical: 0 posts, 0 views

Your obviously not evan trying to contribute to any coversation to better the forum.

Basically the strict/tight rules are inplace to stop any joker and his dog coming into the forsale section and selling crap. If there are only established members allowed to post, this makes the area safer as a whole (IE less chance of getting ripped off.. less chance of ppl unloading stolen parts.. etc)

What was it you actually thought was going to happen, when you were going to;

A. Post 100 posts in your thread (breaking the rules) in order to be a forsale abuser (break the rules) ?

Maybe it was tongue in cheek, (thats the way I saw it) but you have to remember the mods deal with thie 10times a day so theyre not going to give crap a second think...
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: What do people think of performance forums? Fri, 27 August 2004 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Did you consider contributing to any of the discussions going on?"

Have definately considered, as I do consider a lot here. But I only know enough about mechanics to get me by, not enough to be an authority, and would hate to lead someone into a costly mistake.
I don't really see use in the non-mechanical conversations (each to their own) so I don't contribute or even browse there. If I have a problem, I will look through the mechanical groups. One day I hope to be knowledgable enough to contribute.

Anyways, this is becoming a mute point.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 August 2004 00:11]

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What do people think of performance forums? Fri, 27 August 2004 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Fri, 27 August 2004 06:32

Ta for your input gianttomato, it's a pretty clever person that instantly resorts to name calling

I merely stated what was patently obvious.

Opening pages of the performanceforums states

If you insist on being a dickhead, you will be banned.

Of course, you wouldn't have seen this with your head buried in the for sale section.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: What do people think of performance forums? Fri, 27 August 2004 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you always a parrot?

Twice you've opened your mouth and twice you've just reitterated what someone else has said.

Let's just leave it, I've copped a caining from both boards already now.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: What do people think of performance forums? Fri, 27 August 2004 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shit... I took a look at the content of the "Performance Forums" and have to say it is very poor.
Heres a sample selection of thread titles for those who do not want endure the pain of viewing such a forum:
"What does a actuator do"
"What ryco filter number do I use on my RB26"
"Holden suspeneion query."
"Hyundai excel tacho wire"
"4500hp 383 hemi running liquid hydrogen & oxygen"

Anyone that thinks Toymods has a reasonably high toolage factor should definately check performance forums!
Backspace
Regular

May 2003
Re: What do people think of performance forums? Sat, 28 August 2004 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Performance forums is full of elitist tools.
But some of them know what they're on about with cars, and thats what its there for.
So its actually not that bad. (aslong as you stay out of the OT forum.)
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: What do people think of performance forums? Sat, 28 August 2004 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

["4500hp 383 hemi running liquid hydrogen & oxygen"

That was gold.

"Nah, man, this guy came into work and told me, it must be real! 'Ripped the ass end out of his boat' it did!"

Pure 24ct. gold.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: What do people think of performance forums? Sun, 29 August 2004 01:44 Go to previous message
pf.com has its moments. But as TurboRA28 statest it is the few narrowminded fucktards that ruin it for everyone else. There is a certain group of people (not naming names here) that thing they are high and almighty above everyone else. Ask a question and you WILL get humiliated, whatever the noob question is.

Ive been one to flame the noob but these guys take it to the next level!!

toymods has the king of noob flamers tho Wink

*waits for the next "im looking for a panda truneo for 3K so i can drift it" thread....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:how did everyone come across toymods website?
Next Topic:Hottest olympic sport for a perve ...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 16:01:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047919750213623 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.