Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1JZGTE - Maxed out my injectors

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
icon10.gif  1JZGTE - Maxed out my injectors Thu, 19 August 2004 08:37 Go to next message
Just got my stock turbo 1JZGTE powered Landy dyno tuned for the second time. Mods are Large FMIC, 3.5" exhaust with dual dumps, Haltech E6X, Bosch 044 and pod filter. Anyways recorded a best of 260 hp at the wheels, boost was restricted to 14psi cause of this, probably dont want to go higher anyway.

Compared to other similar modded 1J's with stock injectors my hp is very low, man my transfer case and tyres must have a huge influence on the dyno reading and power being transmitted to the rear wheels!!!!!! Id hate to see what the hp level would decrease to if i put it on a 4wd dyno with the 4wd engaged. Swinging an extra 8" diff wouldnt help either.

AFAIK it was done in shootout mode, ill post up my graph when i get the car back from the tuner tomorrow.

Will it be worth upgrading to 440's and run 16psi, much more power to be had there???
  Send a private message to this user    
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZGTE - Maxed out my injectors Thu, 19 August 2004 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
based on how much 440cc injectors are, I would get some and sell the 390cc ones. Supposeably in a perfect world every extra pound of boost should net you 10kw. Of course there are many variables especially efficiency range of the little ct12a's but it gives you a general idea.
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1JZGTE - Maxed out my injectors Thu, 19 August 2004 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi mate,
yeah your 4wd tyres will make a big difference....

i know a stroked 5l (out to 5.7) with a blower that "only" made 130kw at the wheels, but ran a flat 13sec 1/4... go figure....in a hilux

the bigger the rolling diameter the lower the figure... put a set of 10in rims with low profile rubber on it and that will give a figure that all the dyno warriors will blow over....

stew
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1JZGTE - Maxed out my injectors Thu, 19 August 2004 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TOY77 wrote on Fri, 20 August 2004 05:01

hi mate,
yeah your 4wd tyres will make a big difference....

i know a stroked 5l (out to 5.7) with a blower that "only" made 130kw at the wheels, but ran a flat 13sec 1/4... go figure....in a hilux

the bigger the rolling diameter the lower the figure... put a set of 10in rims with low profile rubber on it and that will give a figure that all the dyno warriors will blow over....

stew

Not only will the dyno warriors blow, but it will look like a sick low rider pimpin urban cruiser!!

Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZGTE - Maxed out my injectors Fri, 20 August 2004 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Skip, which dyno (shop) did youdo the power run at?

And did you specificaly ask for a power run? Mine was dyno tuned last week. Tuner gave me a graph with a max of 234rwhp at 12psi (similar mods to you but without twin dumps), but then added that it's probably making around 210rwkw Razz .

I'm going to work on improving the cold air feed,then take it back and specify that I want a (gloating) power run.

Justin
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1JZGTE - Maxed out my injectors Fri, 20 August 2004 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip is there a URL where pics of your car are, I want to show my dad that someone actually has the balls to put a 1JZ into a bunderra...

He doesnt belive me...what a fool... Very Happy
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1JZGTE - Maxed out my injectors Fri, 20 August 2004 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justin: It was done at SST, not just a power run but had it retuned. Your power output just goes to show how much power my transfer case, R151f gearbox and hilux diff robs. Also that my massive diameter tyres effect the reading. Knowing my injetors are maxing out shows just how much power im making at the flywheel.

MR 1GGTE: Cruzida hosts some pics here http://oz-enet.com.au/~peewee/Skip/

If you think it takes balls to insert one in a Bundera you should try taking the thing to 180km/h. I swear all it would take is some small wings to lift off, i dont feel particularly connected to the road surface at speeds above 110km/h Razz
onemxracer
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: 1JZGTE - Maxed out my injectors Fri, 20 August 2004 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a 1jz in a lux.. single turbo conv.. factory ecu, auto box
dynoed at 197hp at wheels at 8 psi..ya tyres would play a big part in hp loss...definetly get bigger injectors better to be safe than sorry, and if your turbos r standard 1jz ceramic becarefull of to much boost they dont like it...
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1JZGTE - Maxed out my injectors Sat, 21 August 2004 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
onemxracer wrote on Fri, 20 August 2004 23:19

i got a 1jz in a lux.. single turbo conv.. factory ecu, auto box
dynoed at 197hp at wheels at 8 psi..ya tyres would play a big part in hp loss...definetly get bigger injectors better to be safe than sorry, and if your turbos r standard 1jz ceramic becarefull of to much boost they dont like it...

4WD OR 2WD?
onemxracer
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: 1JZGTE - Maxed out my injectors Sat, 21 August 2004 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its 2wd...but i know people with 4wd having probs with drivetrain due to abuse,, which is nearly unheard of with 2wds.. tyres play a big role in that..seeing as u are running haltech why not get us spec 550 injectors. then you will not max them out until u upgrade turbos,,
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1JZGTE - Maxed out my injectors Fri, 27 August 2004 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Latest dyno graph, props to CrUZida for hosting it.

http://www.oz-enet.com.au/~peewee/Skip/newdyno.jpg

Graphs are before and after, fueling wasnt to crash hot before!

onemxracer: To use the extra fuel provided by the 550's id have to bring boost up past 14psi on the stock ceramics which probably isnt the best idea.
onemxracer
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: 1JZGTE - Maxed out my injectors Fri, 27 August 2004 08:39 Go to previous message
but couldnt u just get it leaned out if the 550 were pumping to much fuel in???
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 rear brake lockup ! help
Next Topic:13t pistons in 3t-g hybrid
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 15:56:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.041610956192017 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.