Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Corolla Sportivo?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
pplwu
Newcomer

July 2003
Corolla Sportivo? Thu, 26 August 2004 10:32 Go to next message
Hi all,

I am in the market of buying a new car, can anyone give me some comments in regard to Corolla Sportivos? WHat they like, how is it to live with it everyday, and exactly how sporty are they? Compare to .....

Thanks!!
  Send a private message to this user    
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Corolla Sportivo? Thu, 26 August 2004 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go and test drive one and see for yourself man... Better to do that rather than hear everyone's opinions...
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corolla Sportivo? Fri, 27 August 2004 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have fun trying to buy one, my uncle tried but they had been taken off the market because of them not meeting ADR's instead bought a rex and is now an absolute nut.
In motor they rate them as an average car, not up to the current standard of hot hatches, good value for money but not the ultimate hatch. Still to tall engine has operating range between 6k-8.35K too high for city driving, little more power than standard corolla below this.
pplwu
Newcomer

July 2003
Re: Corolla Sportivo? Fri, 27 August 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Test drove one today!!!!
they are on the market again, and with full ADR compliance.

I reckon the engine sounds brilliant and exciting but only at high range.. the sales took me on the freeway and said, mate just go all da way...wow....

I dunno, I like it but just wondering what other similar new cars have the similar specification. well.. after all its a good car in the city and very economical if you don't rev it too much.. DO we have an owner here that can give some thoughts? I think this car is a real sleeper.
paddles
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: Corolla Sportivo? Fri, 27 August 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We bought our one last chrissy and have to commute about an hour into brissy and an hour home each day (about 110k's total) it's an awesome little car that is pretty cheap on petrol. It takes a bit of getting used to driving it, especially the gearbox 'cos it's a bit notchy but is getting heaps better with more k's. We've done over 20k in it so far with no dramas and just got our letter the other day for the "soup up" recall. Can't complain, they're pretty good value for what they are. Smile
frr33q
Regular

June 2003
Re: Corolla Sportivo? Sun, 29 August 2004 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have to say that i myself like these little screamers! but i have heard a few negatives about them. the engine lacks tourque, the power band is too peaky, u change gears and ur not in the power band, u have to wait for the vvt-i to kick in at 6k, the gearing isn't right fo the engine, shift is notchy. oh yeah they like to lift and spin the inner wheel through corners but i dont know if thats a negative Very Happy i say go for a test drive. the mazda sp23 seems to be ok. other hot hatches i can think of are the focus st170, astra sri ot sri turbo and the peugeot 206 gti. the rest just have a rediculous asking price for a hatch. like the alfa romeo 147 gta, volkswagen golf gti and golf r32. oh yeah theres the renault clio sport! lucky i got the september isseu of motor Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corolla Sportivo? Sun, 29 August 2004 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The astra turbo is the complete opposite of the corolla, peak torque from 1900-5600rpm much easier to drive and a hell of a lot faster for it.
jase
Regular

May 2002
Re: Corolla Sportivo? Sun, 29 August 2004 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=frr33q wrote on Sun, 29 August 2004 12:16]i have to say that i myself like these little screamers! but i have heard a few negatives about them. the engine lacks tourque, the power band is too peaky, u change gears and ur not in the power band, u have to wait for the vvt-i to kick in at 6k, the gearing isn't right fo the engine, shift is notchy. oh yeah they like to lift and spin the inner wheel through corners but i dont know if thats a negative [snip]

So, is all this information from driving one?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corolla Sportivo? Mon, 30 August 2004 07:31 Go to previous message
This information comes from motor magazine in comparison to other hot hatches, according to them the peugot 206 180 and Astra Turbo rule the hot hatch brigade currnetly.
My uncle test drove the corolla and loved it but got sick and tired of waiting for one because of the recall and got a rex instead.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:This Datsun Cherry goes everywhere
Next Topic:whats a good second car
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 05:36:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053651332855225 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.