Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

I Hate Cars Mon, 30 September 2002 09:32 Go to next message
At the moment i'm starting to hate my car, Sunday i started working on it at 9:30am and finished at 10:30pm worked non stop with only very small breaks and changed all the timing shit and everything even cleaned the carbon crap off the pistons and head, then started it today and at idle the 4th cylinder is dead but seems to start to work as the revs pick up, no oil or water on the plug so i'm narrowed it down to having a leak in the manifold gasket which is causing the 4th cylinder to run lean, but i honestly couldn't be stuffed fixing it Crying or Very Sad

but i guess the good thing is even though the 4th cylinder is taking a holiday it still hasn't got much less power then what it did have so once i fix it woooooooohooooooooo can't wait to see how she goes Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 30 September 2002 09:33]

Send a private message to this user    
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: I Hate Cars Tue, 01 October 2002 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I pulled the extractors and weber off stuck my fingers in the intake holes and the 4th was dry so clearly it had an air leak, plaved some sealant on the gasket put it back on really tight and wow Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy power more power then when i had it dyno tuned and its smooth power as well, but don't have the money to chuck it back onto a dyno to get the timing fine tuned again Crying or Very Sad
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: I Hate Cars Thu, 03 October 2002 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to here that your car is running better......
I wish mine was Crying or Very Sad
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: I Hate Cars Thu, 03 October 2002 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sure you will get your car sorted out, my car isn't perfect yet still need to fix the diff and a few other things but once thats done i'm sure i'll then have a new problem to deal with Rolling Eyes
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: I Hate Cars Thu, 03 October 2002 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
God Damn you were hovering, waiting for a reply ...weren't u Razz
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: I Hate Cars Thu, 03 October 2002 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got nothing else to do Laughing
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: I Hate Cars Thu, 03 October 2002 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GIN51E wrote on Thu, 03 October 2002 11:38

got nothing else to do Laughing

Hmmmm......HSC....n stuff.......like i can talk though

GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: I Hate Cars Thu, 03 October 2002 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HSC? Home-Surf-Computer ? Razz

no point in study now as i'll forget all of it by the time of the exam Laughing
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: I Hate Cars Fri, 04 October 2002 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I recall a few people saying that is common faults with 18r's. that the inlet/exhaust gasket gets stuffed and leaks between each other, when I stripped out my mates corona it was blown on nearly every cylinder. my one saounds like it is leaking there and has a bad miss, but I couldn't be bothered ficing it cos it was a reason to get a 1g. now I have one on coming in I guess I will never get round to looking at it, but I will pull off the inlet and see when I pull the motor out.

[Updated on: Fri, 04 October 2002 06:41]

rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: I Hate Cars Fri, 04 October 2002 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate my car ... "KICK KICK KICK" Crying or Very Sad .
http://www.toymods.org.au/msgboard/index.php?t=msg &th=4983&start=0&rid=118&S=cf2307d f75b9247cfe1577dbbc0a0e24
RA23_Sean
Regular

May 2002

Re: I Hate Cars Mon, 07 October 2002 01:48 Go to previous message
If the motor starts to run on all 4 cyls when you floor it, it's more than likely an inlet manifold leak. When I bought my red RA23, it idled on 2 cyls but ran on 4 when you floored it. Driving it home was fun. I had to rev it pretty high and drop the clutch at every set of lights. It'd wheelspin for a few seconds, the revs would die down and I'd have to push the clutch in, rev it and dump it again. Anyway, I drove it to work like that (50km trip) and found it was the inlet manifold gasket. And a big vaccuum hose was off the manifold.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Rust!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!
Next Topic:THE STUPID THINGS PEOPLE DO!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 18 15:30:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045759677886963 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.