Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Biggest motor in a TA-22?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Kermit the TA-22
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Biggest motor in a TA-22? Wed, 25 August 2004 09:42 Go to next message
Hey i got a mate who wants to buy a TA-22 but before he does he wants to know wots the biggest motor that'll bolt straight in? let us know
Joel
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Biggest motor in a TA-22? Wed, 25 August 2004 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3s-gte
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Biggest motor in a TA-22? Wed, 25 August 2004 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and "bolt in straight away" is a curious term.
engine conversions are very rarely what newbies would consider "bolt-in"
Kermit the TA-22
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Biggest motor in a TA-22? Wed, 25 August 2004 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so the mounts will line up is that wot u mean? is there much mucking around for stuff like the Inlet manifold, Bellhousing, Exhaust, u know like wots gotta be doone roughly, also how do i get some of the specs on the 3s-gte? wot r they out of? is it easier to use the gearbox out of that?

Joel

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Biggest motor in a TA-22? Wed, 25 August 2004 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh
that sort of bolt in
you'll be wanting to try the 3t-gte then (I think)
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Biggest motor in a TA-22? Wed, 25 August 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try a 2TG.
Kermit the TA-22
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Biggest motor in a TA-22? Wed, 25 August 2004 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh i got the 2TG in mine but i thought there might of being a bigger option....obviously not?
joel
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Biggest motor in a TA-22? Wed, 25 August 2004 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are bigger options. But not anything you can just bolt in with a shifting spanner.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Biggest motor in a TA-22? Wed, 25 August 2004 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1uz or 2jz
only realistic options
with the exception of the 1gz....
Kermit the TA-22
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Biggest motor in a TA-22? Wed, 25 August 2004 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol i think i'll tell him to have a look for himself cheers for the help
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Biggest motor in a TA-22? Wed, 25 August 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alright
seriously, ask shane (cool1)
he's just finished 3s-gte, and it was *not* even near bolt in

2t-g is piss easy (as far as conversions go), but as you mentioned it isn't exactly huge in the HP department (tho the ta22 isn't huge in the weight department either).
3t-gte would be your next easiest bang for buck conversion (logic would state), but it is a tougher conversion.
pretty much gotta stick to the 4-cyls, as the toyota straight 6 engines are tough to fit in the teeny ta22 engine bay
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Biggest motor in a TA-22? Wed, 25 August 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go the 1G Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Biggest motor in a TA-22? Thu, 26 August 2004 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go the SEARCH Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Kermit the TA-22
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Biggest motor in a TA-22? Fri, 27 August 2004 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1uz or 2jz
only realistic options
with the exception of the 1gz....

1G

3t-gte

Wot are these motors? some rough specs on each would be great please.....maybe a reference to someone thats done the conversions? any help would be awesome

SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Biggest motor in a TA-22? Fri, 27 August 2004 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seek and you shall find.
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: Biggest motor in a TA-22? Fri, 27 August 2004 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If hes honestly serious about doing conversions tell him to get an RA23 or 28, bigger engine bay, leaves you with a few more options.
[TOYROTA]
Regular

July 2002
Re: Biggest motor in a TA-22? Sat, 28 August 2004 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By *biggest motor* are you reffering to actual physical size or amount of power, remmember bigger isnt always better! Why dont you go SMALLER and have more horsepower? Put simply, 13B turbo. easier to put in than a big long 6, and much more power! And it's been done plenty of times before so it'd be easy to find someone with specs and mesurements etc. Just a thought.

André
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Biggest motor in a TA-22? Sat, 28 August 2004 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats what im thinking of doing for my next '22, 13BT... but this will specifivally be a track car only... my current one is going to be driven and has a 3TGTE
scano
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Biggest motor in a TA-22? Sat, 28 August 2004 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try a 302 windsor
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Biggest motor in a TA-22? Sat, 28 August 2004 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pfft, Windsor! If you want something a bit later model thats still got some torque, why not a VW Touareg V10 TDI engine? I never said it would be legal, cheap, practical, or anything - but who likes a challenge? Evil or Very Mad
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Biggest motor in a TA-22? Sun, 29 August 2004 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about an 18RG
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Biggest motor in a TA-22? Sun, 29 August 2004 23:57 Go to previous message
If you want to register the car, forget about the 13BT, 302 or any turbo 6 bigger than a 1G.

TA22 isn't a good car to do an engine conversion in, unless you stick with a small 4 (2T-G or 4A-GE). As mentioned above, RA23/28 is a much better starting point.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1ggte RA28 G-box X-member
Next Topic:website for tech data and pics for all toyota engines
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 17:51:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049691200256348 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.