Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » desperately want to know wat the f**k my enigne is

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
desperately want to know wat the f**k my enigne is Sat, 28 August 2004 01:38 Go to next message
as the title says

il list wat i know

numbers i found on the enigne so far
-2tgeu
-ge2
-17111-88265
-11921-88221

i can hear the cams through the exhaust(i can send a vid to ppl if they wanna here, but it is 5mg)

its got a weird gearbox behind it
(feels short shift and my t50 shifter doesnt fit)

if u have ne idea wat this is let me know asap

also y would my relays be turning off wen i take my foot off the clutch???
  Send a private message to this user    
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: desperately want to know wat the f**k my enigne is Sat, 28 August 2004 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the engine is a 2T-GEU

that is a twin can 1600cc engine that originally came with EFI but alot of the times gets pulled off and replaced by carbies.
djbourboncan
Regular

August 2004
Re: desperately want to know wat the f**k my enigne is Sat, 28 August 2004 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he knows it a 2tgeu, but cant find any info on the engine as the head dosnt have the usual serial numbers

so the question should be my does his head have no serial numbers and say GE2
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: desperately want to know wat the f**k my enigne is Sat, 28 August 2004 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
88265? isnt that the yamaha head???

either way tightening torques for whole motor are here

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=37347
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: desperately want to know wat the f**k my enigne is Sat, 28 August 2004 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok here is a better question is this a good engine or not

its in a ta22
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: desperately want to know wat the f**k my enigne is Sat, 28 August 2004 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for N/A power - yes

alot of people have that motor and put the yamaha head on it with twin side draught solexs

Or

use the 3T bottom end and have the 2TGEU head on it (either stock or yamaha) with the twin solexs

and like i said for an N/A its prety damn good power
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: desperately want to know wat the f**k my enigne is Sat, 28 August 2004 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would running my efi witha haltech f7b make it any better??
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: desperately want to know wat the f**k my enigne is Sat, 28 August 2004 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not necesarily, the stock ecu is specifically designed for that motor, so as long as it is stock then no, actually i wouldnt even think it would at all.

the only time i believe it would start to be a good idea to use an aftermarket ecu, whether haltech or other is when there is work done to the car, ie, using the 3T block, or bigger injectors, customer plenum, etc, etc...

its cause the stock ecu is pre-programmed and cannot be changed, you can put piggy backs on them but not worth it and thats when the aftermarket ones come into play cause they can be adjusted for the new setup you have, hence tuning them

so if its stock then leave the stockie, and extractors are not a mod that would substantiate an aftermarket ecu.
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: desperately want to know wat the f**k my enigne is Sat, 28 August 2004 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

88265? isnt that the yamaha head???

Quote:

have the 2TGEU head on it (either stock or yamaha)

Let's not propogate misinformation. 17111-88265 is not and never was a 2T-G head number. All 2T-G heads were designed with Yamaha design input, the later castings featured Yamaha stampings and were often thus erroneously called the 'Yamaha' head.

The head casting number is the best means by which to identify the motor. It is cast into the exhaust side of the front of the cylinder head casting (ie. in front of the #1 Exhaust valve). It'll be 11111-88220, -88222, -88260, -88261, -88262 or blank. I believe the blank one was -88263 head, 2T-GEU with offset combustion chambers and other unusual nonsense. PM Rod (thetoyman75) for more details on this motor if the head casting number is 'missing'.

Note: The 2T-G 151E was 11111-_____ head number and this is not one of those, very few were built for homoglated race cars ~30 years ago.

Thanks for listening.

EDIT: I've got no idea what is wrong with your transmission.
EDIT2: Maybe I do. What if it's a T40? Is it a 5 speed? Or W55 was fitted to 3T-GT, so T bellhousing. What if it's a W box on T bellhousing behind your 2T-G?

[Updated on: Sat, 28 August 2004 15:14]

lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: desperately want to know wat the f**k my enigne is Sat, 28 August 2004 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a few more questions

how do i know if it is all stock??
wen i got the injectors rekitted there was 2 diffrent injectors on it and all 4 were not nipondenso

also yes there is a blank spot on my head there is no numbers on the head only on the efi intake and the block

would toyota have changed nething on these engine when they were using this type of engine in the rally cars???

if i was to put the stock ecu bak in would that mean reinstalling the afm, igniter and putin the stock throttle position sensor bak in??

thanx

edit: yes its a 5 speed box but i have no idea wat it is.would there be a number or sumthin on it that would tell me wat it is??

[Updated on: Sat, 28 August 2004 21:48]

Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: desperately want to know wat the f**k my enigne is Sun, 29 August 2004 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
17111-88265 is the number on the lower EFI manifold. This looks like a late number, so your engine is probably the last model 2T-GEU Toyota made. The engine probably originaly came from a late series TE71 Levin/Trueno GT. Or maybe a Celica/Corona/Carina GT. Either way, it was about 1983 when they made the very last of these I think.

The gearbox is likely to be a T50, as nothing much else realy fits. Remember the late model shifter (TE72, AE86), is different to the early model shifter (TA22, TE37).

I have some info on 2T-GE engines and how to spot them on my page:
www.goecities.com/jonnyr_1973

it is not 100% correct, just the info I have found myself.
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: desperately want to know wat the f**k my enigne is Sun, 29 August 2004 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you use the stock ECU computer, you will need to use the stock airflowmeter, TPS, injectors etc, unless the ones you have are similar enough to run the engine.

You will benifit from having a programable computer if the engine is modifyed (meaning different cams).
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: desperately want to know wat the f**k my enigne is Sun, 29 August 2004 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jonny2TG that page doesnt seem to work for me
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: desperately want to know wat the f**k my enigne is Sun, 29 August 2004 09:11 Go to previous message
replace
www.goecities.com/jonnyr_1973
with
www.geocities.com/jonnyr_1973
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Toyota V12 1GZ-FE, Info wanted
Next Topic:ae86 strut top
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 20:23:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0039830207824707 seconds