Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
icon10.gif  Tour the Toyota Factory...UPDATE Sun, 29 September 2002 23:07 Go to next message
Hey All..
Probably some time next year.... Looking at January long weekend, a few of us are looking at going to Melbourne to tour the Toyota factory... Very Happy This will be a unofficial event, simply a tag along with a few mates. Would you guys/girls be interested in doing that??? Confused If I get a few numbers I will get some definate details..

It is a fair drive, say 10 hours depending on how you drive. Evil or Very Mad
But I will give it to the Melbourners, They really know how to make good roads. After coming back from a weekend just over the border, you can tell the difference.. Razz Razz

EDIT: Please see the new thread for Confirmed book dates and suggested accomodation !
http://www.toymods.org.au/msgboard/index.php?t=msg &th=11029

[Updated on: Thu, 27 March 2003 03:41] by Moderator

Send a private message to this user  
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Mon, 30 September 2002 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd definatley be interested. Will need to know dates in advance to organise time off.
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Mon, 30 September 2002 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like a coool road trip with a great destination!

i'm up for it Smile

Esteban
Regular

June 2002
Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Mon, 30 September 2002 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Melbourners make good roads? Well, with the sort of cash they get it's no wonder is it.

Ever noticed that road conditions are inverse-squared-proportional to the distance you are from Canberra? At least that's the way it is up here in QLD.

Or maybe I'm just cynical
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Mon, 30 September 2002 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome! I'm definately interested!
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Mon, 30 September 2002 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon I'd be keen. I've been planning on driving down there for a while, hopefully my car's roadworthy by then.
If not, it'd only cost me about $20 return to fly, anyway.

Count me in.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Mon, 30 September 2002 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd love to go but I'll be working and can't get time off... Bummer...
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Mon, 30 September 2002 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
While we're there we should try to visit the Castlemaine Rod Shop Museum. I wanna check out their 55 Chev, powered by a 27 litre, V12, supercharged, Rolls Royce Merlin engine, out of a WWII P-51 Mustang fighter.

They've got a pretty good website too.
http://www.rodshop.com.au/index.htm

[Updated on: Mon, 30 September 2002 13:08]

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Mon, 30 September 2002 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so thats whos doing it, my god that looks awesome!

i heard rumors about the merlin powered chev over a year ago and wondered if it was ever going to be built... after seeing that all i can say is DAMN!
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Mon, 30 September 2002 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Me me me me me me me Shocked
Pleeeeeease me!!!!!!!! lol
Wow, the Toyota factory!
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Tue, 01 October 2002 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mia, your car looks nice... Finally got a pic of it eh???
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Tue, 01 October 2002 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Ben! I have quite a few photo's of it now, its amazing how many you accumulate by just turning up to a few cruises!!!! lol
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Tue, 01 October 2002 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wanna go. Either in my car or someone elses.
LowRollaBoy
Regular

June 2002
Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Tue, 01 October 2002 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love to go. Count me in. I dun think theyd be open on the weekends, so i gotta know so i can take leave Smile

LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Tue, 01 October 2002 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Friday Friday Friday Friday, cos that is my normal day off anyway.
*chant: Friday Friday Friday Friday*
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Tue, 01 October 2002 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol

joe will find out dates the factory tour is possible and come up with an intinerary for the trip...

stop suggestions and melbourne landmarks to visit are welcomed

are sydney ppl interested in doing the 'cruise' in one trip? or two stages... bearing in mind if you're not used to long trips or don't have a 'second' driver its much safer to do in two legs...

feedback?

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Thu, 03 October 2002 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny,

The Melbourne trip in one go is a long haul. Having done the Albury trip a few times now (and even one albury return in a day) if your not used to long drives you may want to stop a bit.

Given the wagon is a thirsty old bitch I have to stop ever 2 hours for fuel anyway Wink

With a good nights sleep and an early start all in one go should be no drama's. My usual Leave after work and drive all night is not to be recommended !

And yeah I intend to be there Smile
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Thu, 03 October 2002 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've been thru (the altona plant) thru the local car club i'm part of.

its a very very interesting tour actually - very worthwhile and very interesting to go on. highly recommended.

i remember seeing HEAPS of K motors there and not knowing what they were for - hiace SBV's i'd imagine...

watching the assy line assy camries is amazing really quick bolting in K frames suspension stuff, NEXT car....
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Thu, 03 October 2002 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If we have the time, I wouldn't actually mind making regular stops, and even stopping overnight somewhere. After doing Syd to Melb runs for the last 15 years with my family (our best is 2 stops, 9 hours) there's a few places I'd like to check out.
The ettamogah pub is a must, we gotta stop there. Plus the dog on the tuckerbox, the big merino, the submarine (I think in Holbrook?), plus the many free stop, revive, survive stops! Smile
Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Thu, 03 October 2002 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel,
Thats sounds like a great idea .. !! I wouldn't mind doing that.. Would make some great pictures aswell ..

Anyway I phoned Toyota, unfortuanatly they arn't running tours till next Febuary/March.. I'll plan weekend/long weekend there somewhere... Should be good!!

Rod...
Wagon my ass Evil or Very Mad ... Celica will be done before then Very Happy

Ladysx..
When we get closer to the dates.. I'll make sure I can arrange it so nobody has to miss the cruise because of work.. If I can.. Very Happy
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Thu, 03 October 2002 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is sounding great guys!! Very Happy

I know i'm up for a road trip. Cool
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Fri, 04 October 2002 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joe,

Mate I just had a look at the Long weekend situation and its not all that good.

January Long weekend is out as they arn't doing the tours then. And the next Long weekend is Easter and then Anzac Day the weekend after. Easter is the traditional annual gettogether be it Dubbo or something else so that is out.

The following weekend is a bit close to be trecking to Melbourne.

I guess it may have to be a weekend in Feb or March ? The Toymods event for Feb is a tour of The DBA factory Mos has arranged and will be on Monday Feb 10th. (Night Time)

March is vacant so far ! Maybe Early March is the go ?

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Fri, 04 October 2002 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

im in love with taking summer road trips! although this is looking more like an autumn road trip, it should still be awesome.
early march, maybe taking a friday off work to drive down to melbourne. if we all organise early enough im sure we can get the time off work!
i agree with what most of you are saying - i'va taken a fair few long hauls, and its a lot nicer with lotsa stops, a spare driver etc.. so i think it should be a whole day to do the trip, maybe with a stopover if we feel like it... Smile
there is NOTHING wrong with taking your time in a large group to get to melbourne. just think about all the people down the freeway going "OH MY GOD!!! look at all those f&*king cool cars! those guys rule!!" Laughing heehee... im a silly boy.
it sounds like a tops idea, lets get it going!

anyway, i should hopefully have a new celica going nicely by then, maybe even a GZE rolla too! Very Happy
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Fri, 04 October 2002 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Havoc Very Happy Cool Very Happy
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Fri, 04 October 2002 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about corresponding it to the Soarer dyno day on the 11th of January?

Also might be able to arrange a stopover at Carbontech to see the replicas they're building, and their uses of the 1UZ engines. (can do this any time, doesn't have to be with the dyno day)
Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Tue, 08 October 2002 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok.. Looks like there is no long weekend in March.. The other alternative is to chuck sickies!!!!!

The dates I am looking at are March
Thursday 6th - Monday or Tuesday..

What do you all think...?? Let me know and I will try and work around you all...

BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Tue, 08 October 2002 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I should have a few 20th days & annual leave days by then, so I'll take time off.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Wed, 09 October 2002 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good to me Joe !

Just settle a date with the Toyota factory and I'll get my leave forms approoved now Smile

If they only run the tours on a weekday I assume we will do a Friday or Monday tour ? so just let me know if I need the Thursday/Friday off or the Monday/Tuesday ?

Thursday/Friday option could be good. Drive down Thursday, Tour Friday, Saturday to check out Melbourne and a Sunday drive home Smile

Let me know Smile
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Wed, 09 October 2002 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im in agreeance with rod here... thurs friday off work!
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Thu, 10 October 2002 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like a brilliant idea to me ! Very Happy
maxdamage75
Regular

May 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Fri, 11 October 2002 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where are you all gonna stay at? Hey you could always get cheaper accommodation if you want to share beds Razz
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Fri, 11 October 2002 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
err... if she's cute i'll share a bed but otherwise... no thanks

Razz

TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Mon, 14 October 2002 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am definatley up for this a thursday on sounds good. Knowing my luck on shift work I'll be rostered on all 4 days and I'll have to get leave for the whole trip.

If worst comes to worst to with accomidation there's plenty of room in the old crown.

Sounds like a goodcouple of days lets DO IT.
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Tue, 15 October 2002 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Danny.
how many girls are there in the club????
and to my knowedge most if not all are already taken....
looks like you miss out. Smile
Assailant
Regular

"Cørønå ƒreåk"

May 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Tue, 15 October 2002 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a great idea!!!!
I've been hanging to go to melbourne for a while....

But I think it might be a better option for those who can't make it and one that don't wanna travel to melborune.... to try and get a tour organised at the Sydney factory in Cronulla, near Toyota Park..... I have gone past they a few times and looks like a huge factory, hopefully we might be able to hook it up for a weekend.....

just my opinion - better for the sydney lads and lases!!
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Tue, 15 October 2002 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey thats a great idea Assailant,

I know a girl fairly well who works there but for lexus. I'd be willing to chat to her about it if people are interested.
Assailant
Regular

"Cørønå ƒreåk"

May 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Tue, 15 October 2002 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GEE120 - If you know someone that works there, we are kinda half way there..... just get her to ask her boss with a box of chocolates... Wink
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Wed, 16 October 2002 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont think she'll need the chocolates, She's a glam and has a great set of knockers. Very Happy
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Wed, 16 October 2002 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are they enough for everyone? I hate being left out.
Assailant
Regular

"Cørønå ƒreåk"

May 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Thu, 17 October 2002 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GEE120 wrote on Wed, 16 October 2002 12:58

I dont think she'll need the chocolates, She's a glam and has a great set of knockers. Very Happy

Tell her I'll marry her, if she can hook up the tour... hehehehe
Very Happy ( . )( . )

GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Thu, 17 October 2002 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'll have to get in line behind me for marriage mate Very Happy
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Thu, 17 October 2002 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As long as we all get to have a go before she walks down the isle.
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Thu, 17 October 2002 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing So laong as i go last Laughing
I just dont want any of you barstards tapping me on the shoulder saying its my turn now Laughing Laughing Laughing
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Thu, 17 October 2002 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Last? Usually its a fight to go first. I'll be the pioneer!
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Thu, 17 October 2002 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've spoken to her briefly and it sounds like a goer. I'll be talking to her about it in more detail and about a few other things (toyota related0 tomorrow.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Thu, 17 October 2002 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great!

.. did you tell her about me??

I'll try and get us into Carbontech Replicas too. Will make some enquiries.
Assailant
Regular

"Cørønå ƒreåk"

May 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Fri, 18 October 2002 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GEE120 - Sounds like your in with a grin.... Very Happy

Did you tell her about all the people lined up to marry her?? ..... Hehehehe Laughing

If you can hook this up, I reckon we should get a huge group photo (similar to the one took in Dubbo a while back) in the Toyota factory carpark...... it would look awesome with the Toyota and Lexus logos in the background..... just my opinion... what you do guys think?

Rolling Eyes
kerr
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Sun, 05 January 2003 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just to bring it back to the top, Unofficial cruise to Melbourne still happening?

[Updated on: Sat, 18 January 2003 09:25]

juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon12.gif  Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Wed, 08 January 2003 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love to be there. see if i can time off, very busy this year.
JUZZO
Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Wed, 08 January 2003 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Just to bring it back to the top, cruise to Melbourne still happening?

Kerr,
The Unofficial Melbourne cruise will still happen... I'm just waiting on Toyota to give me a time in which they will let us in. They not allowing any tours till Febuary. Until then I have to wait. Sorry!!

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Wed, 15 January 2003 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOOHOO!!!!

im going to melbourne again... should be good
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Fri, 24 January 2003 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll need to put the 3.7's in for this one Smile
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Wed, 29 January 2003 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd be in for the cruze to the Toyota factory, sounds interesting and fun. But can I vote for a NON DOUBLE DEMERITS weekend. I don't fancy spending 10 hours worring about what speed I'm not doing. Rolling Eyes
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Mon, 17 February 2003 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any news on this yet?????
Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Mon, 03 March 2003 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been given the go ahead via the Toyota Factory.. There tours include the engine,press,weld, and assembly..

Do you guys still want to go?????

When do you want to do this.. May?

All is good..
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Mon, 03 March 2003 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about during a long weekend.... Could be a bit much to fit into a weekend with all that driving.

Either way, I should be in.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Tour the Toyota Factory Mon, 03 March 2003 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just name the date and I'll be there. Very Happy
Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: Tour the Toyota Factory...UPDATE Mon, 03 March 2003 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm... Long weekend I'd assume they will be shut..
April is the Nationals, so I was thinking May sometime..

May 8th-13th... Maybe?
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: Tour the Toyota Factory...UPDATE Mon, 03 March 2003 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Max,

Tours are only on Tuesdays and Thursdays ! (9am and 1pm)
Max of 20 People to a group ! Over 16's only !

Ok Just spoke to Joe and he has made a Booking for Thursday 8th May at 1pm

Joe Will put up details of when he is leaving to go down there. Remember this is not a Toymods Event. It is Joe's holiday and we are invited Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Mon, 03 March 2003 02:27]

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon9.gif  Re: Tour the Toyota Factory...UPDATE Mon, 03 March 2003 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Bugger! Count me out then. Sad

I can't afford to take two days off work.

Crying or Very Sad Nope http://www.enseirb.fr/~delabre/smil/smil_darkone.gif
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:Toyota Tuner Mag Needs Event Coverage!
Next Topic:turbo 6 and 8cyl cars listing.. sydney
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:23:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0078330039978027 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.