Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Should Toyota bring back a newer looking old celica ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Should Toyota bring back a newer looking old celica ? Sun, 29 August 2004 00:40 Go to next message

Should Toyota make a modern older style Celica ?[ 46 vote(s) ]
1.Hell Yes 32 / 70%
2.Shit no ! 14 / 30%

I figured seen as tho they r cutting it from the line up they could make a new celica styled like the older models like they have done with the land cruiser.
Ford and GM r doing it so y not toyota ?
it would at least bring the celica back.

I've been thinking about it for a while so i though i would ask u guys.

Send a private message to this user    
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Should Toyota bring back a newer looking old celica ? Sun, 29 August 2004 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stuff the Celica, Bring back the JZA80!
jeffro RA28
Regular

August 2004
Re: Should Toyota bring back a newer looking old celica ? Sun, 29 August 2004 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh it would be kewl but then that would mean all the old original old celica's would loose there value. who wants an old one wen there is a new one
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Should Toyota bring back a newer looking old celica ? Sun, 29 August 2004 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought the older 1's would go u up in value as they r put back in the lime light
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Should Toyota bring back a newer looking old celica ? Sun, 29 August 2004 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jeffro RA28 wrote on Sun, 29 August 2004 13:56

heh it would be kewl but then that would mean all the old original old celica's would loose there value. who wants an old one wen there is a new one

thats like saying that old monaro's are now less valuable since the release of the newer ones...i dont think this is the case
you'll always get what i term old school purists

i voted no, not sure why...it was the first responce that flew into my head. what i would like to see is a RWD celica. this has been discussed before i think, and aparently toyota develop FWD celicas because they're apparently targeted at a more female market who consider FWD cars to be safer than the "evil" RWD's
either that or bring out another GT4 but with a competitive price tag this time :/ But that would probably mean a lesser end product

[Updated on: Sun, 29 August 2004 04:19]

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Should Toyota bring back a newer looking old celica ? Sun, 29 August 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
na, it's been done before the newer celicas are alright but they need another GT4 in the current shape, give the Celica it's sporty GT4 back! Evil or Very Mad

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Should Toyota bring back a newer looking old celica ? Sun, 29 August 2004 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Sun, 29 August 2004 12:51

Word to that shit...

Can the fucken celica it is a ghey hairdressers car!

Oh I am a dead man!
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Should Toyota bring back a newer looking old celica ? Sun, 29 August 2004 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Sun, 29 August 2004 16:08

Word to that shit...

Oh I am a dead man!

oh yes you are so dead! Razz
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Should Toyota bring back a newer looking old celica ? Sun, 29 August 2004 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Sun, 29 August 2004 15:42

Word to that shit...

Oh I am a dead man!

I was actually talking about the new celica, i quite like the classic ones and all the way up to the RA60, after there they become FWD and hence ghey
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Should Toyota bring back a newer looking old celica ? Sun, 29 August 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Sun, 29 August 2004 16:15

Word to that shit...

Oh I am a dead man!

I was actually talking about the new celica, i quite like the classic ones and all the way up to the RA60, after there they become FWD and hence ghey

I like every model except the RA40,60 (or what every they where) I reckon they look yuck (my 2 cents) my only beef with the new ones is there's no GT4!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Should Toyota bring back a newer looking old celica ? Sun, 29 August 2004 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Sun, 29 August 2004 15:56

Word to that shit...

Oh I am a dead man!

I like every model except the RA40,60 (or what every they where) I reckon they look yuck (my 2 cents) my only beef with the new ones is there's no GT4!

The new one was designed for a small V6, instead they gave it a revvy 4 cylinder which is a gem of a motor just not good for that car. And they look ghey
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Should Toyota bring back a newer looking old celica ? Sun, 29 August 2004 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Sun, 29 August 2004 16:29

mick wrote on Sun, 29 August 2004 15:56

Word to that shit...

Oh I am a dead man!

The new one was designed for a small V6, instead they gave it a revvy 4 cylinder which is a gem of a motor just not good for that car. And they look ghey

yeah, they don't look as nice as the older ones, I will agree with you on that.can't really say what they are like to drive thou never driven the current shape Celica
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Should Toyota bring back a newer looking old celica ? Sun, 29 August 2004 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not going to vote cause im undecided, i woyuld love them to make another round of TA22s just so i could buy one not rusted Very Happy but at the same time i dont want them to build anymore so that classic cars can get more expensive...

its like FORD america, they have re-released the old skool mustang GT500 (eleanor) at $500000 australian... i wouldnt pay that much for it even though i would love to have one... so if they remade a TA22 i recon they would charge something like $40000 for it
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: Should Toyota bring back a newer looking old celica ? Sun, 29 August 2004 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A new version of the RA28 would be pretty cool, but if you look at the new beetles and mini's they have screwed the pooch a bit and have moved too far from the originals.
bstjunkie
Regular

July 2004
Re: Should Toyota bring back a newer looking old celica ? Sun, 29 August 2004 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bring bak the ta22, ta23 and ra23 luv em. Advantage of this would be like the new cars, less likely to get rust!!!! Very Happy Its the only thing bad about em.
nitephyre
Regular

July 2003
Re: Should Toyota bring back a newer looking old celica ? Sun, 29 August 2004 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
retro-styling is good, if faithful to the orginial plans... i'd love to see BRAND NEW oldschool cars with todays technology... gimmie a brand new KE70 panelvan or sedan any day (time machine please) oh, and brand new mx32 cressida and chaser Evil or Very Mad Very Happy
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Should Toyota bring back a newer looking old celica ? Sun, 29 August 2004 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stuff the sillycars

toyota need to remake the AE86!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Should Toyota bring back a newer looking old celica ? Sun, 29 August 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Sun, 29 August 2004 22:38

stuff the sillycars

toyota need to remake the AE86!

heh
totally

with a 2 liter that revs to 8000rm on stock internals
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Should Toyota bring back a newer looking old celica ? Sun, 29 August 2004 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sub 1000kg weight, IRS rear end with double A arms.

wishbone susp front also with factory adjustable castor and camber.

and around 160 - 180 hp from stock standard.

they would make a KILLING world wide
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Should Toyota bring back a newer looking old celica ? Sun, 29 August 2004 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Sun, 29 August 2004 22:49

yes but they will not

plus they could run in world rally again

Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Should Toyota bring back a newer looking old celica ? Sun, 29 August 2004 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
of course they wont, and they wont bring back old school celica's either. or supra's or MR2's

so we can all just keep dreaming and build the cars we want instead since toyota wont.
TitMeat
Regular

August 2004
Re: Should Toyota bring back a newer looking old celica ? Wed, 01 September 2004 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what toyota needs to do is bring back the gt4 !!!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Should Toyota bring back a newer looking old celica ? Wed, 01 September 2004 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TitMeat wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 23:32

what toyota needs to do is bring back the gt4 !!!

Nah, the GT4 is behind its time now...

If they were to do anything it should be build a 2.0L Turbocharged 4WD corolla, now that would be a bit of a fun box Very Happy

The fact remains as simon said, toyota dont build hi-po cars anymore and if they do they dont bring them here...

The best we see is the Lexus IS300 and thats not even badged as a toyota, oh and we get other stuff too like the sportivo range, but they dont count because they are FWD Laughing Laughing

There are no muscle cars in thier range anymore, like thier used to be with the supra and soarer, lets just hope they decide to build the IS430, that may give us some salvation Very Happy
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Should Toyota bring back a newer looking old celica ? Wed, 01 September 2004 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Sun, 29 August 2004 22:49

No they wouldn't. In fact they would probably lose shitloads of money. Sure all the AE86 purists and Takumi-wannabes would snap them up (at least those old enough to drive Laughing ), but globally speaking that's a tiny market. The rest of the market will look at this strange little car styled like a 20 year old Corolla with a $100k pricetag, and say "WTF was Toyota thinking??"
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Should Toyota bring back a newer looking old celica ? Thu, 02 September 2004 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wouldn't the Lexus RS200 Be bordering on a Modern Sprinter setup?

Sorry, I have always looked at the IS/RS200 the same as a Sprinter. remove all the luxury stuff bring down the weight??

Just my opinion.

EDIT: Oh and I'd love to see a retro build of the pre 78 model Celicas. Would be such a nice daily driver if it was 1. RWD and 2. Very closely based on the old Skool Shape Styling.

[Updated on: Thu, 02 September 2004 00:42]

Buddha
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Should Toyota bring back a newer looking old celica ? Thu, 02 September 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldn't mind seeing the old "Mustang" shape Celica back again, that was a nice looking ride. I liked the shape of the original FWD model, too.

I remember Nissan in the USA doing something interesting between axing the old 300ZX and starting the new 350Z ... they started buying up the original 240Z's and restoring them to their former glory. From what I've read, it was a pretty popular move on their part.

Perhaps Toyota could do something like that with one of the old Celica models. I was going to suggest doing a new T18 as well, but that's probably a silly idea! Laughing
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Should Toyota bring back a newer looking old celica ? Fri, 03 September 2004 00:30 Go to previous message
Why have a FWD TA22?

Also who here has the money to buy a new celica?

[Updated on: Fri, 03 September 2004 00:31]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Drove the Prius!
Next Topic:Rolla has been FOUND!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:54:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0081560611724854 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.