Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
86sp
Regular

November 2003
GZE Probs Sun, 29 August 2004 11:08 Go to next message
I'm having a few probs with my GZE in my Sprinter. First the idle. It idles at about 1500-2000rpm with the idle screw right down and the idle speed motor unplugged. It goes even higher with this hooked up. It doesn't have any air leaks in the system.

Secondly the timing. I have it set at 10deg BTDC at the idle that I have but when i rev it, it doesn't move. Should it advance or retard or something?
I have been getting code 12 out of my diag plug which is RPM signal. I have tried a different computer and also have rewired the CAS to the computer, not through the loom, and it hasnt changed at all. Could the CAS be stuffed?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
  Send a private message to this user    
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: GZE Probs Sun, 29 August 2004 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can check that the pickups in the CAS are as close as humanly possible to the spinning wheel thing (without touching it of course). Can put the CAS drive sprocket in a power drill and check on a CRO that you are getting a good output from every wire. Then maybe check that a good signal is being received at the ECU, again with a CRO.

And as for the high idle, there are a bunch of bypass holes in the throttle body that bypass air around the throttle plate. Including the two hoses that stick out horizontally on the drivers side. I ended up just plugging these 2 connections, improved things, although I run aftermarket management.

Good luck
Hen
86sp
Regular

November 2003
Re: GZE Probs Sun, 29 August 2004 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thankyou.
I will be checking the CAS tomorrow. Although I have already checked the pickups and they are pretty close.
I have the bypass holes plugged as well and also the idle does go down if I turn the plug on top of the idle speed motor. I have it turned alll the way towards the TB but still idles really high.
Anyone know about the timing on these? What they should advance or retard to?

Thanks
86sp
Regular

November 2003
Re: GZE Probs Mon, 30 August 2004 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, just went and pulled the plug off the ACV and the idle went down a bit more to 1200rpm. Any ideas on this? Also, is it bad not to have the ACV hooked up?
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: GZE Probs Mon, 30 August 2004 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for the code problem, try taking out the fuse for 1min, then put it back in and see if the problem is still there, this will reset the system as the code will stay in the computer until you do this.
For the idle, i dont know about in your case but i know in my mr2 it's normal for the engine to idle at about 15-1800 until the engine is warm, it is a warming up procedure for the engine, don't know if that will apply in your case though, but it might help Very Happy
86sp
Regular

November 2003
Re: GZE Probs Tue, 31 August 2004 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the suggestions. Keep them coming Smile . I have been disconnecting the battery everytime I try something to reset the ecu but then after a bit of driving good old code 12 pops back up. With the idle speed motor hooked up the idle is high then comes down to above normal when warmed up. But with it disconnected it just stays high - 1200rpm. Anyone?
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: GZE Probs Tue, 31 August 2004 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are all the i/c and s/c pipes secure? also those 2 horizontal vaccume pipes from the throttle body, block them off seperatly, don't 'link' them together.. by linking them it's telling the engine to idle higher because the pwr steering pump is in use (slight fluctuation in factory setups) i had a problem with mine hunting between 1500-500-stall! i just replaced it with a 3S-GE throttle body, blocked off all the lines, and ran a 12v 5mm vaccume solenoid below the throttle for cold starts, and it fixed that problem, and gave it a dyno proven 9rwhp! with better a/f mix top end
86sp
Regular

November 2003
Re: GZE Probs Tue, 31 August 2004 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm. I actually have those 2 vacume pipes linked. I will block them separatly tomorrow. Thanks for that. Anyone know about the timing on these?
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: GZE Probs Tue, 31 August 2004 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drift86levin - what are you using to controll the solenoid? a swith on the dash or a temperature switch? im having issues with the cold start on my GZE with 3S throttle
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: GZE Probs Tue, 31 August 2004 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
86sp wrote on Tue, 31 August 2004 18:50

Hmmm. I actually have those 2 vacume pipes linked. I will block them separatly tomorrow. Thanks for that. Anyone know about the timing on these?

Can someone throw up a pic of these please?
tim123c
Regular

May 2003
Re: GZE Probs Tue, 31 August 2004 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I too always had a very high idle till i blocked off the two lines on the back of the throttle body.
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: GZE Probs Tue, 31 August 2004 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
These are the two lines I was talking about. They are the ones that disappear off the bottom of the screen.

Dug this pic up off an old post, thanks GZEtrueno.

http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/~ward5154/Pictures_files/TB.jpg
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: GZE Probs Wed, 01 September 2004 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm mine are linked, I will try blocking them off seperatley tomorrow. see if it changes anything. Im currently getting a hunting idle on cold starts and the occasional stalling problem when comming to a stop.

[Updated on: Wed, 01 September 2004 11:20]

drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: GZE Probs Thu, 02 September 2004 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
those are the ones! block them off seperatly if you have an idle problem and you have linked them together..as for the scavanging idle, a 3SGE throttle body does wonders for top end power..and solves the problem it's usually a fault with the idle control thing (green box) i have 2 GZE throttle bodies and a couple of 3SGE ones if anyone is after them, PM for dets..but you need to rig up a custom cold start thing, i'll post pics of my setup tomorow.. Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 02 September 2004 06:12]

86sp
Regular

November 2003
Re: GZE Probs Thu, 02 September 2004 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok. Blocked them separatly and hooked everything back up but idle is still hunting around the 1200-1500rpm mark. This is actually heaps better than it was. A friend of mine is checking out the electrics and thinks it may be the plug going into the computer. All the other wiring "seems" to be ok. Any info on the timing?
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: GZE Probs Thu, 02 September 2004 11:21 Go to previous message
Damn, I thought this might have been an easy fix for my little idling troubles, but alas, they were already seperately plugged.

Just looked like they were linked, but when I went to remove either end, i felt a ball bearing in the middle Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Injector sizes in some Toyota motors
Next Topic:4agze fuel cut??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 03:23:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069780349731445 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.